THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 16-17)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Storm027
Bit
Bit

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUME 3)

Postby Storm027 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 pm

I wonder if there will be a volume 4

Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUME 3)

Postby Knux » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Due to the extensive delay of this series, I have decided to release 4 volumes at once. Volume 5 will be Super Mario Adventures are originally planned, and has been completed for release. Volumes 4, 6 and 7 will be demos released between 2009-10 all in which are no longer available.

During the development of AOF's reissue, I was sent a demo that I believed no longer existed. Playing one of these levels again was honestly such a throwback. The guy who made them turned out to be a real game developer irl, and the design for these levels were amazing. Genuinely outstanding, and will appear on a future release. I hope you are all looking forward to these reissues!

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 4-7)

Postby Knux » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 pm

They're finally here!!

A BIG thanks to Pseudo and Valtteri for helping to return some of these projects. I didn't even know Pie Island still existed!

Volume 4 - 4matsy's World

The rather appropriate fourth volume of the series is the iconic 4matsy's World demo. Very fun to play! Due to the lack of information regarding the background of the episode, I have not featured a PDF document nor interview.

Volume 5 - Super Mario Adventures

The only fully complete episode this time round. One of the best episodes ever made, easily! Read more in the PDF!

Volume 6 - Pie Island

Unavailable for years, play the demo from one of the community's very first members!

Volume 7 - Kyasarin's World

A real gem. Essential playing. Features an extensive interview and insight from Kyasarin.

xDestroy
Nipper
Nipper

Postby xDestroy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Where is the download link, i want to update it

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Oshi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Check the OP, they're there.

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm

xDestroy wrote:Where is the download link, i want to update it
Click the image :)

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Oh MAN this is exciting stuff

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm

idk what's up with the version you provided for Super Mario Adventures, there are several bugs showing up that shouldn't exist (as I just checked on Youtube). For instance, on the world map I've met secret exit levels that were yellow and normal levels that were red. (1-2 already has a secret exit and is yellow, but when I watched a vid, it was red).

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Cedur wrote:idk what's up with the version you provided for Super Mario Adventures, there are several bugs showing up that shouldn't exist (as I just checked on Youtube). For instance, on the world map I've met secret exit levels that were yellow and normal levels that were red. (1-2 already has a secret exit and is yellow, but when I watched a vid, it was red).
This may be an earlier version, but who knows. It's been years since its original release and it can be difficult to gather information.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Alright.

However this is certainly not one of the best episodes anymore. It probably was around 2011, but for present standards it's mediocre at best.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:32 am

There were two versions of Super Mario Adventures released by the original creator, the "mushroom edition" and the "flower edition" or something similar to that, the latter of which came a year or two after the former. If something seems outdated it's probably because this is the mushroom edition, not the flower edition.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 am

Is Super Talking Time Bros eligible?

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 am

Cedur wrote:Is Super Talking Time Bros eligible?
Possibly :) I'm currently focusing on real life projects and a history of SMBX atm. but there will certainly be more releases of this range, as I have at least 20 more planned.

CoinKillerL
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby CoinKillerL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:21 am

so it's like a director's cut version of old episodes? that's pretty cool!

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 am

CoinKillerL wrote:so it's like a director's cut version of old episodes? that's pretty cool!
They're just reissues, some with bonus content.

Mr Boboo
Spike
Spike
Flair: The Wicked Pissah

Postby Mr Boboo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Now THAT'S What I Call SMBX

All jokes aside, it's actually quite cool to see how SMBX has evolved over the years, looking at all these oldies but somewhat goodies.

ElMejor
Goomba
Goomba

Postby ElMejor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 am

hi, does anybody know where i can find super mario adventures flower edition? the one included in the classics collections is mushroom edition
i can't find a working link for flower edition, so i came here to ask this because i believe someone still has this episode
i would really thank anyone who can give me a donwload link :)

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 am

ElMejor wrote:hi, does anybody know where i can find super mario adventures flower edition? the one included in the classics collections is mushroom edition
i can't find a working link for flower edition, so i came here to ask this because i believe someone still has this episode
i would really thank anyone who can give me a donwload link :)
I'm not even entirely sure it was ever released, it might have been. I haven't searched for it because it's always been archived.
Mr Boboo wrote:All jokes aside, it's actually quite cool to see how SMBX has evolved over the years, looking at all these oldies but somewhat goodies.
I agree. I get quite nostalgic from the older ones like Pie-Jacker's world, even though they aren't up to date by today's standards, it is still a nice insight into how episodes were made back then.

I am currently trying to obtain two SMBX episodes. One is already on this forum but it doesn't have its own thread, and I know the guys that made it so I could very easily contact them hopefully bringing some new content to that. The other is a very unique one that might not exist as it hasn't been posted since the summer of 2010, but it's very good. That one might be a lot harder to find.

I have been contacting various people since the last four releases, but very few get back to me and when they do, they don't have any episodes. It's frustrating to see the lack of preservation here but the aim of this collection is to provide easy access to some real gems.

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Two new volumes coming VERY soon, both from the same creator. One is an episode from 2009/10, the other is a trilogy. AFAIK the trilogy can be found in separate parts on the site, but it will include a brand new interview.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 am

OMG! My episode trilogy that hasn't been released yet is going to be featured in the SMBX classics collection!

Jokes aside, what episodes are they? Who created them?

EDIT: Thought they were either Valtteri Island or The Great Empire, then i looked at the first post...
So I really cannot guess which episodes they are, or who created them, etc.
Are the new two both from before 2016?

Return to “Episodes”