THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 16-17)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 4-7)

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:57 pm

That's perfectly fine! I mean, you have successfully uploaded 7 volumes, some which were trilogies, so i don't expect you to do any more. I'm thankful that you decided to do this in the first place, so thanks so much for this!
Also, which trilogy was it going to be, out of curiosity?

teh_supar_hackr
Bit
Bit

Postby teh_supar_hackr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Knux wrote:While Joey’s forum does offer a lot of episodes, the site has only been running since 2014, and many SMBX episodes released between 2009 and 2013 were never reuploaded.

The overall purpose of the SMBX Classics Collection is to find and preserve rare SMBX episodes and demos that are no longer available, or easily attainable to the public. In addition to this, shine a light on obscure and underated gems that have shown up over the years only to be overlooked or forgotten about. There are so many episodes I would love to play again but can't because they are virtually impossible to find, with some creators without their own episodes themselves.

Episodes are found, and most include an interview with the level designer themselves (which gives a great insight to our community history). Some even include previously unreleased levels and demos such as The Apocalypse of Foroze, and many more features. The general idea is to add a little bit more than just the episode folder, although in some cases this is not possible.

Past Volumes

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I am always looking for more episodes to re-issue. If you have made an episode and would like a re-release, or happen to have a rare and hard to find episode, just send me a PM and we can discuss plans. Bonus points for bonus material.

I have uploaded PDF files in the past and there have been issues with it resizing, if so please tell me!
There's one I'm wanting you to do that's a hard to find one. It's Super Mario Galaxy X and can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKP0ex5EPFE
I'm aware that there is another one with the same name, but this one had different stages.

MrVaderSpino
Bit
Bit

Postby MrVaderSpino » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:33 pm

I Loving my episode but this one of Them are Not yet download or unavailable the older Episode in 2014 is The Great Empire 3 Wasn't Work For Now.

SMBX8TerrariaFan
Koopa
Koopa

Postby SMBX8TerrariaFan » Fri May 25, 2018 7:37 am

teh_supar_hackr wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:28 pm
There's one I'm wanting you to do that's a hard to find one. It's Super Mario Galaxy X and can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKP0ex5EPFE
I'm aware that there is another one with the same name, but this one had different stages.
I think I know the other one with the same name. I think it's cancelled though.
I watched it on youtube waay back when searching for super mario galaxy fangames. And it's the fangame that made me find SMBX in the first place.

teh_supar_hackr
Bit
Bit

Postby teh_supar_hackr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 pm

SMBX8TerrariaFan wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:37 am
teh_supar_hackr wrote:
I watched it on youtube waay back when searching for super mario galaxy fangames. And it's the fangame that made me find SMBX in the first place.
Alright, remind me when you find it (any version will do, because I've been looking for this). Also do you know what site, or who made this version? I also found another one that said "link coming soon" in the description that felt like it was from the same guy, just worth mentioning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SVVmyrbW2Y

SMBX8TerrariaFan
Koopa
Koopa

Postby SMBX8TerrariaFan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 am

teh_supar_hackr wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 pm
SMBX8TerrariaFan wrote:
teh_supar_hackr wrote:
Alright, remind me when you find it (any version will do, because I've been looking for this). Also do you know what site, or who made this version? I also found another one that said "link coming soon" in the description that felt like it was from the same guy, just worth mentioning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SVVmyrbW2Y
Hmm... I just watched the trailer and by the looks of it, it's not even close to the Super Mario Galaxy X that I found way back then. I even asked the author(through youtube comment I think) way back then if Super Mario Galaxy X is released and I got a response that the project is cancelled.

teh_supar_hackr
Bit
Bit

Postby teh_supar_hackr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:50 pm

SMBX8TerrariaFan wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 am
teh_supar_hackr wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:28 pm
SMBX8TerrariaFan wrote:

Hmm... I just watched the trailer and by the looks of it, it's not even close to the Super Mario Galaxy X that I found way back then. I even asked the author(through youtube comment I think) way back then if Super Mario Galaxy X is released and I got a response that the project is cancelled.
ok.

LongJohnSilversribs
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby LongJohnSilversribs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:57 am

These are some good classics, Pie Island was great. Im gonna get another one and report my feedback when i complete it

Added in 50 minutes 33 seconds:
I just realized i already played Mario adventures, so here is my review.
It was a good episode, nice detail, creative level designs and mechanics, good stuff all around!
One thing it could improve on is making the final level a little easier because I had a hard time on one of the obstacles where i had to use leaf mario to run and fly up, in which there was barely any room to perform the task.
Last edited by LongJohnSilversribs on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:02 am

LongJohnSilversribs wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:47 am
I just realized i already played Mario adventures, so here is my review.
It was a good episode, nice detail, creative level designs and mechanics, good stuff all around!
Not to be a critic, but can you add something that the episode can improve on?

EDC99
Koopa
Koopa

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUME 3)

Postby EDC99 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am

Me: *plays TGE2*
Me: You really like Venus Fire Traps & winged enemies, don't you? '-'

Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUME 8)

Postby Knux » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:34 pm

VOLUME EIGHT - MARIO'S GREAT QUEST

Available for the first time in nearly 8 years, The SMBX Classics Collection is proud to present qig's SMBX project Mario's Great Quest, which comes to life once again in its most complete form, with minor remastering work. Perhaps best known for his RPGmaker games (such as Legends of the Sky World) and former forum administrator, qig is a community icon. This demo contains some of the earliest examples of custom GFX use, aswell as unique level design techniques no longer present in modern-day episodes. A real treat for a throwback to the early days of the community's history!

Bonus Features:

* Brand-new interview with qig.

DOWNLOAD HERE

I have uploaded PDF files in the past and there have been issues with it resizing, if so please tell me!

-
EDC99 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:23 am
Me: *plays TGE2*
Me: You really like Venus Fire Traps & winged enemies, don't you? '-'

Haha, it wasn't very well recieved. I really included this and TGE3 because it felt like an opportunity to bundle them all together. I actually felt a little vain placing my episodes in the 'classics', even though TGE1 was a very well recognised episode 8 years ago!

3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Yo. I love to create stuff and inspire others.
Pronouns: He/They

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Glad to see that the smbx classic collection is alive again, I might play this episode anytime soon.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Baltic
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Baltic » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:39 am

Hello Knux,

Thank you for posting these episodes for us to play.

I am extremely excited to play some nostalgic episodes from two thousand and fourteen.

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II
Pronouns: he/him

Postby FirestarPlays » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Silver's Challenge next?

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 9 + 10)

Postby Knux » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 am

Volume 9 - Bowser's Brain Control Takeover

Blaarg's 2011 classic is now a part of the collection. FallingSnow, Hunter2258, and Red Yoshi (who went on to beta-test and design graphics for Terraria) helped massively during this production.

Volume 10 - Knux World

My fourth SMBX episode, re-released in its original 'vanilla' style.

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Sorry for the double post but I'd like to post a quick update: I currently have up to 10 new volumes that I intend on releasing over the next few months, some in which are sought after gems and a few interesting surprises. Watch this space!

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???

Postby Super Luigi! » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm

One day, I shall play all of these episodes, Sir Knux, as well as your ten new volumes. Please take care and continue to succeed.

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Postby Knux » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:11 pm
One day, I shall play all of these episodes, Sir Knux, as well as your ten new volumes. Please take care and continue to succeed.
Thanks man! I'm aiming on releasing 3-4 titles at once next. Volume 11 is a big one and I'm currently in talks with a user about an episode that has been requested on and off for a few years by various users.

Knux
Nipper
Nipper

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 11-13)

Postby Knux » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:09 am

Volume 11 - Mario Vs. The Moonbase

The incredible 2011 collaborative effort between Solitayre, GreatRedSpirit, Hexatona and kentona is once again brought to light in the official SMBX forums since its release, featuring lengthy interviews from several of the creators and a collection of unreleased material. Also included are several interviews collected from the RPGmaker site. This was a greatly overlooked episode at its time, and I couldn't be more happy for this to be reissued.

Volume 12 - The Golden Shrooms

Xerx's 2010 production features the first five worlds from the surviving demos, presented here for the first time in years.

Volume 13 - Mario And The Hidden Land

The extremely rare Mario And The Hidden Land was recovered a while back from a user's private archives, although dated and in demo form, it is an essential title for anyone with an interest in the early days of SMBX level design.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 11-13)

Postby Cedur » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Any of these that comes with a larger multitude of levels?

Return to “Episodes”