M34: We, The Paranoid Few (Post-Game)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

M34: We, The Paranoid Few (Post-Game)

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:21 pm

We, The Paranoid Few Post-Game

Murderer - Sanct
Cohort (Originally Paranoid Townie) - Waddle Derp (died Night 3)

FBI Agent - MosaicMario
Recruit (Originally Townie) - Pseudo

Psychiatrist - MECHDRAGON777 (died Day 1)

Conspirator - Nanaya Jacob

Townie - ShadowStarX (died Day 2)
Townie - Witchking666
Townie - RPG_MagicianBot
Townie - glitch4 (died Night 1)
Townie - Yoshi021
Paranoid Townie - Supershroom (died Night 2)
Paranoid Townie - King of Eterity
Paranoid Townie - Zeldamaster12 (died Night 4)
Paranoid Townie - Spinda

NIGHT 1
MosaicMario shoots glitch4
Nanaya Jacob tells Spinda a conspiracy
Sanct inducts Waddle Derp

DAY 1
MECHDRAGON777 votes for RPG_MagicianBot
Witchking666 votes for Mechdragon777
Spinda votes for Supershroom
King of Eterity votes for Mechdragon777
Pseudo votes for King of Eterity
Sanct votes for ShadowStarX
Waddle Derp votes for ShadowStarX
Yoshi021 votes for ShadowStarX
Supershroom votes for RPG_MagicianBot
MosaicMario votes for Mechdragon777

NIGHT 2
Sanct stabs Supershroom
Sanct frames Witchking666

DAY 2
Nanaya Jacob votes for Pseudo
Sanct votes for ShadowStarX
Waddle Derp votes for ShadowStarX
Witchking666 votes for ShadowStarX
King of Eterity votes for ShadowStarX
Yoshi021 votes for ShadowStarX
Pseudo votes for Sanct

NIGHT 3
MosaicMario recruits Pseudo
Witchking666 stabs Waddle Derp

DAY 3
Witchking666 votes for Sanct
Yoshi021 votes for Zeldamaster12
Pseudo votes for Zeldamaster12
MosaicMario votes for Zeldamaster12
Pseudo votes for Zeldamaster12

NIGHT 4
Nanaya Jacob tells RPG_MagicianBot a conspiracy
Witchking666 stabs Sanct

Good work to everyone that played! Hope you enjoyed this one, it was quite an interesting game to run, though I do suppose it had some faults in it. Feedback is appreciated.

Game Summary
Spoiler: show
We, The Paranoid Few
-Cardflip
-Ballot-Box Voting
-Day/Night
-Quasi-Factions
-Item System
-15 Players

A Note on Role Abilities: The actions of the Murderer, FBI, Psychiatrist, and Conspirator can be taken alongside using an item, unless otherwise specified.
As an example, the Murderer starts the game with a Knife, and has access to their full arsenal of abilities. On Night 1, the Murderer may choose to kill a player and use their Induct or Frame abilities, or they may forgo killing a player to use their Frighten ability.

Players
-Supershroom
-Pseudo-dino
-King of Eterity
-Yoshi021
-Zeldamaster12
-Spinda
-Mechdragon777
-Waddle Derp
-MosaicMario
-RPG_MagicianBot
-Nanaya Jacob
-Sanct
-ShadowStarX
-witchking666
-glitch4

The Murderer - Wins if they equal or outnumber the amount of living Town members.
Murderer - You start the game with a Knife, and you are immune to death on the first night. Once during the night, you may perform one of the following actions:
Induct: Once throughout the game, if this ability successfully targets a Paranoid Townie, you induct them as your partner in crime and give them a Gun. That player joins your team, and will win alongside you as well as be in contact with you for the rest of the game.
Frame: Once throughout the game, you may give a player a Knife. That player will not know they received the Knife from you.
Frighten: Instead of making a kill with your Knife, you may instead attempt to frighten a player. If that player is a Townie, they become a Paranoid Townie.

The FBI - Wins alongside the Town and Psychiatrist if the Murderer and his cohort are successfully killed.
FBI Agent - You start the game with a Gun. Once during the night, you may perform one of the following actions:
Interrogate: Instead of making a kill with your Gun, you may instead interrogate a player, revealing their color to you.
Recruit: Once throughout the game, if this ability successfully targets a Townie, you may recruit them as a partner investigator and give them a Gun. That player joins your team, their color will change to blue, and they will be in contact with you for the rest of the game. However, if this ability targets the Psychiatrist, the Conspirator, or a Paranoid Townie, you will still give them the Gun, however you will not be in contact with them, their color will not change to blue, and they will not know they received the Gun from you.
Witness Protection: Instead of making a kill with your Gun, you may instead protect a player against nightkills for the night. In addition, you learn the identity, but not the color, of anyone that visits that player during the night.

The Psychiatrist - Wins alongside the Town and FBI if the Murderer and his cohort are successfully killed.
Psychiatrist - Once during the night, you may perform one of the following actions:
Scheduled Appointment: If you have a Knife or a Gun, instead of making a kill with it, you may instead learn the color of a player.
Safe Haven: If you have a Knife or a Gun, instead of making a kill with it, you may instead protect a player against nightkills for the night. In addition to this, any player that attempts to visit the protected player will receive a message saying that the player can't be visited, and any abilities used while the player is protected will fail.
Therapy: If you have a Knife or a Gun, instead of making a kill with it, you may instead put a player through therapy. If that player is a Paranoid Townie, they become a Townie.

The Town - Wins alongside the FBI and Psychiatrist if the Murderer and his cohort are successfully killed.
Townie (x6)
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Paranoid Townie (x5)
Paranoid Townie
Paranoid Townie
Paranoid Townie
Paranoid Townie

The Conspirator - Wins alongside the Town if they successfully help in lynching off/killing the Murderer and his cohort, the FBI agents, and the Psychiatrist.
Conspirator - You start the game with Forged Documents. Once during the night, you may perform one of the following actions:
Forgery: You may give a player Forged Documents. They are aware they have been given the Forged Documents, but are not aware that you gave it to them.
Silent Killer: If you have a Knife or a Gun, instead of making a kill with it, you may instead give a player a Suppressor. If that player does not have a Gun, they find the Suppressor useless and they throw it out.
Conspiracy: You may visit a player during the night and tell them a random piece of useful information.

Items
Knife - During the night, you may select a player to kill. As long as that player hasn't been protected, they die under normal conditions.
Gun - Functions in the same way as the Knife, however there is one drawback; upon the target's death, it is announced that a gun was fired.
Suppressor - When given to a player with a Gun, the first time the Gun is fired since the player is given the Suppressor, the gun does not display a message upon the target's death. This means the Suppressor is one-time use only.
Forged Documents - The first time a player with Forged Documents would submit a lynch vote, that vote counts twice. As with the Suppressor, this item is one-time use only.

Extra Info
- Abilities that can only be used once throughout the entire game (Murderer's Induct and Frame, FBI Agent's Recruit), the ability is only considered "used" if it successfully activates. As an example, if the FBI Agent's Recruit targets the Murderer or the Murderer's cohort, it will not give that player a Gun, which will not activate the ability successfully, allowing the FBI Agent to use it again until he gets a successful use. As another example, if the Murderer's Induct ability does not target a Paranoid Townie, then the ability is not considered successfully used, so it is not wasted and the Murderer may use it again until he gets a successful use. As a final example, if the Murderer uses his Frame ability on a player being protected by the Psychiatrist's Safe Haven ability, the ability is not considered successfully used, and the Murderer may use it again until they get a successful use.
- The actions of the Murderer, FBI, Psychiatrist, and Conspirator can be taken alongside using an item, unless otherwise specified. As an example, the Murderer starts the game with a Knife, and has access to their full arsenal of abilities. On Night 1, the Murderer may choose to kill a player and use their Induct or Frame abilities, or they may forgo killing a player to use their Frighten ability.
- Lynch Voting is Ballot-Box based, so all lynch votes are sent to the game host and are resolved secretly. This is so the ability of the Forged Documents is not immediately apparent, and so the players have a sense of animosity and secrecy when voting.
- Abilities resolve during the phase shift. This means that if a player used an ability that would give another player an item, such as the Conspirator giving another player Forged Documents, that player doesn't actually receive the Forged Documents until the phase shift into Day. Another example is if the Psychiatrist or FBI Agent were to inspect a player, or the Psychiatrist or Murderer attempted to convert a player's color, that ability will not be resolved until the phase shift into Day.
- If the Conspirator achieves a victory, the Town will win alongside them. However, if the Town achieves a victory without meeting the Conspirator's conditions, the Conspirator will not achieve victory.
- The Conspirator wins if they successfully lynch off one of the targets (Murderer and cohort, FBI agents, or the Psychiatrist) and if all of the other targets are dead. If they did not participate in lynching off one of the targets, this does not count toward their win condition. The Conspirator doesn't have to lynch off all of their targets, but at least one of the must have been lynched off with one of the votes being from the Conspirator, and all of the other targets must be dead.

Role PMs
You are the Murderer! Use your abilities wisely, and attempt to convert one of the many paranoid to your side, as well as kill off as many townsfolk as possible.
You are the FBI Agent! With your wide array of abilities, as well as being equipped with a gun, you must do your best to protect the town during the night from the dreaded Murderer.
You are the Psychiatrist! You have defensive abilities that allow you to protect specific players, as well as convert the paranoid into much calmer citizens.
You are a Townie, one of the many calm folk that are willing to help deal with the situation at hand.
You are a Paranoid Townie, part of the minority that is currently panicking over the thought that a Murderer is on the loose! This panicking and paranoia has made people wary of you, so be careful not to get mistaken for the Murderer!
You are the Conspirator, an odd-ball long-timer in the town. You've seen this town work in weird ways, and you're pretty sure the FBI are up to no good with this Murderer on the loose. Your goal is to band enough people together to believe your rather insane beliefs and viewpoints.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Re: M34: We, The Paranoid Few (Post-Game)

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Well-designed game, although it seemed like it was over before it really started - I was recruited on Night 3 and Mosaic and I didn't get much done as an alliance.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Pseudo wrote:Well-designed game, although it seemed like it was over before it really started - I was recruited on Night 3 and Mosaic and I didn't get much done as an alliance.
I probably should have given the Murderer a better chance by allowing him to have 2 cohorts instead of 1, but I'm not sure how much that would have impacted the game balance. One of the biggest defining factors is that the Psychiatrist was killed off so early, maybe I should have made them immune to nightkills. Another thing I feel that contributed was the inactivity of some of the special roles.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 pm

Still, that was quick, GG.

RPG_Magician
Snifit
Snifit

Postby RPG_Magician » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:We, The Paranoid Few Post-Game

NIGHT 4

Conspiracy: You may visit a player during the night and tell them a random piece of useful information.
I had never received any conspiracy/private message.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 pm

RPG_MagicianBot wrote:
Syndrilevosse wrote:We, The Paranoid Few Post-Game

NIGHT 4

I had never received any conspiracy/private message.
Same night was the game win, so I didn't really bother sending it out honestly.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:25 pm

What did I do that made me so suspicious lol

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:26 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:What did I do that made me so suspicious lol
A couple of posts you had made stating that anyone of us could be the murderer, which Pseudo linked you to in the other thread.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:52 am

It was an enjoyable game. Ballot-Box voting made it interesting even though it made it difficult to find leads.

Also Danny, you forgot to list my vote, and it also would be interesting to know what the Conspirator's messages were

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:59 am

Supershroom wrote:Also Danny, you forgot to list my vote, and it also would be interesting to know what the Conspirator's messages were
I thought I got all the votes in, but I can double check. I'll also look through for the Conspirator's messages when I have the time, but they're nothing all too exciting.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:28 am

I did not even know I was allowed to use my ability night one becuase I did not have a knife or a gun.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 am

It was a decent game, even though I played terribly. I found the mafia quite underpowered, since there were only 2 of them at most.

Still, congrats for the town and wow this was a short game.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:56 am

King of Eterity wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:What did I do that made me so suspicious lol
A couple of posts you had made stating that anyone of us could be the murderer, which Pseudo linked you to in the other thread.
I don't understand how that was suspicious. ShadowStarX singled out 3 people without any leads, I was simply telling ShadowStarX that anyone could have been the murderer.

Return to “Mafia”