Japanese SMBX Contest - With Prizes! Judging HAS BEGUN!

Official community level contests.
Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Japanese SMBX Contest - With Prizes! Judging Begins Soon!

Postby Snessy the duck » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:15 pm

^^^^^^^^

King of GETs
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby King of GETs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:09 pm

You guys keep forgetting that iguzamini is the judge of this contest and can judge this contest however he pleases. If he wanted to judge a level based on how many puppies it had it in, he could do that, and there's nothing we could do about it. If your purposes for this contest consisted of aiming for a high score and defeating other entrants instead of making a level to entertain others and improving your skills at level creating, then maybe you shouldn't have entered this contest at all.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:41 pm

this is a contest where you have to make the best level in terms of design, and the scoring rubtic should be adjusted so the actual best level gets first. i dont get why cant people point out flaws in the scoring rubric.
your post doesn't make much sense.

King of GETs
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby King of GETs » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Neither does your post.

At the end of the day, people can make suggestions all they want to, but iguzamini will do what he wants to do.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:13 am

King of GETs wrote:Neither does your post.

At the end of the day, people can make suggestions all they want to, but iguzamini will do what he wants to do.
So your saying that this kind of bias is okay then, if that's the case i'm glad i didn't submit.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 am

King of GETs wrote:Neither does your post.

Your posts don't make much sense either.

I'm pretty sure most judges won't completely ignore suggestions as well as critisism and run a contest with flawed rules, unless they want to be an asshole, which iguzamini clearly isn't. Also, iguzamini has followed our suggestions before, so why shouldn't he now?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 am

King of GETs wrote:If your purposes for this contest consisted of aiming for a high score and defeating other entrants instead of making a level to entertain others and improving your skills at level creating, then maybe you shouldn't have entered this contest at all.
Noone has displayed an attitude like that. No reason to call BS.
King of GETs wrote:If he wanted to judge a level based on how many puppies it had it in, he could do that, and there's nothing we could do about it.
That would be huge bullshit ofc lol? Thank god iguzamini isn't doing anything like this; his method just seems a bit inexperienced compared to some established standards. That's what the constructive criticism aims at.

King of GETs
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby King of GETs » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:31 am

I'm less worried about iguzamini receiving criticism and more worried about the criticism getting to him. I remember before the contest started that he was going to do a 5+ hour live stream of the judging. After a couple of days worth of delay due to unforeseen circumstances, stream issues, and constant criticism forcing him to change his judging rubric once already, we've barely seen 3 or 4 levels from iguzamini per day. I don't mind the slow judging process, but I hope it's just because he's busy and not because he's discouraged.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:07 am

He is busy. I would understand what you mean if the criticism was to attack him, however it is not the case here. The rubric's goal is to make sure the best level wins

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Lol I've expected a higher score of my level (I know my level was made in 2 days), especially in the graphics, for me is so beautiful ( actually , I'm disappointed with the graphics score, because seems he don't see the effort applied)... :?
Last edited by Shinbison-Kof on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Shinbison-Kof wrote:Lol I've expected a higher score of my level (I know my level was made in 2 days), especially in the graphics, for me is so beautiful ( actually , I'm disappointed with the graphics score, because seems he don't see the effort applied)...
Effort does not directly translate into quality. You can spend a lot of time on something that looks like shit or doesn't fit with what your level is trying to be. Just don't expect full score for that.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Enjl wrote:
Shinbison-Kof wrote:Lol I've expected a higher score of my level (I know my level was made in 2 days), especially in the graphics, for me is so beautiful ( actually , I'm disappointed with the graphics score, because seems he don't see the effort applied)...
Effort does not directly translate into quality. You can spend a lot of time on something that looks like shit or doesn't fit with what your level is trying to be. Just don't expect full score for that.
Yes, but in this case I know my graphics and recolors are nice ( about the level design and others things, I can understand. )

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:06 pm

I mean I haven't seen your level but opinions may differ.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 am

Welp, 15.5. I guess that is average and better than what I normally send to a contest.

King of GETs
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby King of GETs » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:27 pm

It appears that iguzamini is taking another break. I hope that everything is okay.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

I think iguzamini is fine, he should be able to take constructive criticism.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe

Postby MacDuckBeat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Just wondering, do Iguzamini talks in English in the newest JPN Level Contest videos? I have not watch the because he uploads the videos at the same time.
I assumed the answer is he can text in English but not talks in English, he can text Japanese and talks in Japanese. And Iguzamini rarely texts in English.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 am

King of GETs wrote:It appears that iguzamini is taking another break. I hope that everything is okay.
Recording and judging is still ongoing. There have been new parts yesterday and today.

King of GETs
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby King of GETs » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 am

It appears iguzamini spent nearly 10 minutes on a section I cleared in about...20 seconds? I also can't believe how much the musical timing lagged when it was being recorded as I had no lag issues. Musical timing is fun to do, but I guess SMBX isn't a good enough platform to expect a constant frame rate on, so I'll have to consider that for levels in the future.

I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy my level all too much. It appears you didn't know you could modulate your jumps while bouncing by holding the jump button which would have helped immensely.

A 15.5 isn't a bad score, though. Since there are such a large amount of levels in the 14 to 17 range in score, it'll be interesting to see how the levels will be arranged in the final product.

iguzamini
Rex
Rex

Postby iguzamini » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 am

Cirno's stage was good
The mid point distance is good, and opening,good boss
Due to the small hit determination of Kamitzurugi, I had a hard time a spin jump successful.
think loading was delayed because contains a lot of things.

Return to “Level Contests”