Nintendo Switch

This is the place for video games!
ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Sonic MAnia will only be 128MB in size BTW.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:25 pm

Electriking wrote:Sonic MAnia will only be 128MB in size BTW.
That's the best part of getting the Switch version, it's $20 (With Tax), and doesn't cost about a gigabyte of data, like some of the digital copies of Switch games! :D

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:56 pm

https://youtu.be/59yuBFRSZdg

Nintendo has officially confirmed it, and it seems to be what we were expecting.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Yeah, I rather stick to the average sized Nintendo Switch instead of the Lite, which I betcha it may not have Bluetooth controller support like the original imo

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 am

Eh, I feel like the Switch Lite is going to be like the 2DS. It'll be practically the same in most way but you can just choose which you like better.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:30 am

Sorry for being a bastard by necro-bumping this topic. But I feel like having this forums conversation in this topic instead of making a separate topic about discussing this. So what controllers do the SMBX members who actually owns a Nintendo Switch console use to play it?

Yeah, just feeling like adding this in-topic conversation just because why not Zoidberg?

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything

Postby TheNightingale » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 am
Eh, I feel like the Switch Lite is going to be like the 2DS. It'll be practically the same in most way but you can just choose which you like better.
I think both consoles have big differences with their originals

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 pm

This could be a mistake.

https://youtu.be/cOD7sn6ehKk

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:46 am

So I guess this is the Switch Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mHq6Y7JSmg

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards

Postby ShadowXeldron » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:34 am

Thumbs up to the better kickstand, bigger OLED display, 64GB eMMC and LAN, but why is the extra RAM exclusive to the devkit?

I'm not getting it; my laptop has a Pentium 5405U but also has quadruple the RAM and an NVMe and would likely beat it in every department except graphics, and it doesn't even hold a candle to my gaming PC. An OLED Switch Lite, however, would be in my opinion the definitive Switch, because I think the main reason to buy a Switch is for its portability factor.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Just a reminder that the first Nintendo Direct for 2022 is going to stream tomorrow, got my fingers crossed for some more Splatoon 3 news and maybe a less vague release date instead of "2022".
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica?ref ... r%5Eauthor

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm

What was your favorite part of the Nintendo Direct?

Chilly14
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: wash your hands and stay at home

Postby Chilly14 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:04 pm

krakinDS wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm
To be honest, I dunno...

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:09 pm

I'm pretty excited for the Switch Sports Resort testfire coming on the 18th. I'm stoked to see it return after all this time. I think I remember someone here wanting Switch Sports to be a thing lol. I gotta search up who said it.
Edit: Here it is
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=19324&p=381456&hil ... ts#p381456
I'm gonna go get some rest now, I knew I shouldn't have drank so much coffee before the direct since I was already pretty hyped before then.

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit

Postby ShadowXeldron » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:59 pm

Here's most of what was announced at the Nintendo Direct, spoilered to keep the page small. In order of appearance:
Awful jokes incoming: show
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
A sequel to FE: Warriors, set in the universe of FE3H but with a different plot.

Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp
Now with voice acting :o ... And I guess there's rewind. And a war room. And online multiplayer. And a level editor.

No Man's Sky
The game that got launched too early is now being ported to the Switch.

Mario Strikers Battle Football League
A new Mario Strikers? This one seems to feature Rosalina. Also, Bowser cheated. He held the ball with his hands.

Splatoon 3
Salmon Run is returning. There's two new Boss Salmonids and you can throw the golden eggs around. Even into the salmon bin. Oh, and there's a big Salmonid?

Front Mission 1st
The orignal game, remade for the Switch. Apparently, it has a good plot. The sequel, Front Mission 2 is getting remade as well.

Disney Speedstorm
Like Mario Kart? Like Disney & Pixar? Like microtransactions? It appears to be a F2P kart racer staring Disney's massive backlog.

STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed
Speaking of Disney, this Wii title has forced it's way onto the Switch. And I'm not apologising for that. You've also got motion controls, but can't tell if you are forced to use them.

Assasin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
Exactly what it says on the tin. It includes AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. It also includes the DLC. It'll probably sell more digits than the Digits.
(I made an NFT joke. I'm so funny.)

SD Gundam Battle Alliance
It seems to be a Gundam action RPG, where somebody messed with the Gundam timeline so these things called Breaks are happening? All I know about Gundam is that there's mechs.

Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
A remaster the PS1 original, although it still looks like a PS1 game. What's special about this one though is that it also includes The Radical Dreamers, a text based adventure an obscure SNES addon called the Satelaview.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land
It seems that even the cuddly cannibal can't eat everything, so he's stuck draped over a car. This is called Mouthful Mode, and isn't a copy ability. You can also upgrade your copy abilities. For some reason, there's a bunch of furries after the Waddle Dees.

MLB The Show '22
I'm British so I know jack all about baseball, but this game features crossplay AND your saves are carried across different platforms. Also, the commentator is a muppet.

Kingdom Hearts Integrum Collection for Cloud
Square, we need a word. My geek sense tells me that these games can run clearly on the Switch. You don't need to host it on an external server you lazy toads. Otherwise, it's Kingdom Hearts.

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series
You know the guy you reskin into Yoshi? He's now on the Switch. Both Klonoa 1 and 2 are avaliable.

Portal Companion Collection
The cake may be a lie, but I still have no idea why Valve are porting some of their titles to the Switch even though they're literally releasing a handhelf this month. Portal 2 also includes splitscreen, LAN and online multiplayer.

Live A Live
Another 2D-HD game from Square, a formerly Japanese-exclusive SNES game has been remade for the switch. It features multiple eras that you can do in any order. I can't think of any unclever jokes to say here.

Nintendo Switch Sports
The game that gave us all repetetive strain injury is back, with a vengeance. You can play as what looks like an Xbox Live Avatar, or the chad option of a Mii. Online is obviously included. They're adding football, badminton and voleyball, with the first including support for a leg strap that is used for penalty kicks. Sadly, it's launching as an incomplete game and golf will be added at a later date. However, an online demo will be released.

Taiko no Tataujin: Rythm Festival.
Megalovania is still relevant? Oh, and there's a Zelda song. A practice mode has been included so you can try different parts. It includes (what looks like) a co-op multiplayer mode called DON-Chan Band, and a mode called Great Drum Toy War, which looks like a 1v1 VS mode with rubber ducks. Oh, and there's a paid subscription for 500+ songs because money.

Triangle Strategy
The game that's been in every single direct is almost here. A playable demo that lasts until the third chapter is going to be release, and you'll be able to transfer your progress over to the final release.

Cuphead
The DLC is coming, although we heard about that at the Game Awards. Miss Chalaice seems to have weird abilities like a dodge roll, double jumps and different firing paterns. Too bad I still haven't beaten the basegame.

Metroid Dread
Looks like they're adding a mode where you die in a single hit, and an easy mode where you regain health more from pickups. A boss rush is also coming at a later date.

Nintendo Switch Online
It's. Finally. Here. Earthbound and Earthbound Beginings have been added to SNES and NES online, respectively. Now localize Mother 3 you cowards.

Misc. Ports
Since these games were shown off and little more, I'll just list them.
Zombie Army 4: Dead War
GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon
Demon Slayer -Kimetso no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles (boy, what a long title)
Lego Brawls
Two Point Campus

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass
Well, it's no Mario Kart 9. What it is is however is 6 DLC packs containing 8 maps each from past Mario Kart titles (and Tour) for a massive total of 48 tracks. Including but not limited to Cocnut Mall, Toad Circuit, some Paris thing, a city, Mushroom Pass, Sky Garden, Choco Mountain and Tokyo Blur. Finally, it is included in the NSO Expansion Pass but can be purchased seperately.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
The last announcement of the Direct, it claims to tie Xenoblade 1 & 2 together and everyone is falling out. There's also people with masks and robot voices.
Please note that I haven't heard of most of the games mentioned here, and have probably made some glaring mistakes. I also stayed up until midnight to write this...
krakinDS wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:51 pm
I'm not sure. Either Mario Kart or Wii Sports?

Oktavia
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: 10 percent action and 90 percent reaction
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Oktavia » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:08 am

I got really excited over the Mario Kart dlc and Mario Strikers Battle League.

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit

Postby ShadowXeldron » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:01 pm

Bumping this topic because there was a new Direct. I accidentally skipped the last Direct or two (although to be fair the last one was like 90% JRPG farming simulators), but here's an overview of the whole thing:
Lots of stuff: show
Pikmin 4
A gameplay trailer for the upcoming Pikmin sequel. Seems to be featuring four new protagonists (well, i think it does since I've never actually played any Pikmin games and got all my Pikmin knowlege from watching videos on the topic, Ice Pikmin (make a guess at what they can do) and some kind of dog-like thing? It also appears to be taking a lot of cues from Pikmin 2, with a focus on treasure hunting and exploring dungeons. The game releases on the 21st of July!

Xenoblade 3 Expansion Pass
Dammit Nintendo stop it with the games that I haven't played and therefore know barely anything about. The third wave will feature a new character called Masha will be added as part of the DLC. She can craft you new accessories with passive buffs. There's also a new mode called the Archsage's Gauntlet, which Nintendo describes as "rougelike challenge battles" that start you off with only a single hero and feature multiple waves of enemies that, after every win, will grant you a new buff and/or hero for the duration of the challenge. Volume 4, which is coming later this year, features an evil looking guy who is apparently a heartless machine? The new wave of DLC launches on Feburary 16th.

Samba de Amigo: Party Central
A sequel to Sonic Team's rhythm game for the Dreamcast, this one allows you to use the Joy-Cons like Maracas. There appears to be a multiplayer mode called World Party, which looks like a sort of battle royale mode where the lowest scoring players are booted out. Allegedly launches this summer.

Fashion Dreamer
A fashion game where you play as a fashion influencer and suggest improvements to your competitors to make improvements to their style and as such influencer career (of course, pretend influencers are likely smarter than real influencers, but their fashion sense is... iffy to say the least and I think they should be like me and wear nothing but a t-shirt and joggers). You can also give people likes to copy their style and prove that, yes, they are influencing properly. Of course, you can make your own clothes - there's 1000+ design options for you to create your own stylish(?) style. This game is a Switch exclusive that launches later this year.

Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania
This DLC has been announced to be coming to the Switch (at the very least it's been announced to be coming to PC for quite a while). It will be releasing for the Switch on March 6th.

Tron Identity
A narritive puzzle adventure (so, visual novel with puzzle sequences) set in the Tron universe. Launches this April.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
A HD remaster of the DS game; it's basically a puzzle game where you play as a ghost to try and, uh, stop other people from ending up like you by posessing objects.

DecaPolice
A new RPG from Level-5, this is a stylish RPG where you go to a virtual world called Decasim (pretty much the Matrix, but kept on it's best behaviour in order to help teach rookie detectives) on order to solve puzzles and crack a murder. There also appears to be a tactical battle system and an overweight, crazy-looking hacker who messes with the virtual world to turn you into cats. You blow his stuff up with arrow nukes.

Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
A top-down adventure game exploring Bayonetta's backstory. A wannabe witch goes into a fairy-infested forest in order to save her mother. Teaming up with a cat demon called Cheshire, you'll need to control both characters in order to get through the forest. You'll also control them both in combat as well, but Cereza hasn't quite unlocked the power of the Smash 4 S Tier and as such can only provide backup to Cheshire by paralysing enemies.

Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass
I was expecting this. Basically, you can go back to Inkopolis from Splatoon 1 (just for the poor saps who skipped the Wii U; and I guess those liked the first game as well). Otherwise, it looks like mainly a visual difference (of course, I've only played 1 and 2 so I can't really vouch for much.) There will also be a second wave called Side Order that looks to be exploring the backstory of a certain character who I swear is Marina but as I said I can't tell for certain since I've not played the third game.

Disney Illusion Island
A throwback to the Mickey Mouse games for the Mega Drive, this appears to be a metroidvania take on those games where you can play as up to 4 different characters in simultaneous multiplayer. Releases July 28th.

Fire Emblem Engage Expansion Pass
I've only played Blazing Blade and as such don't really know the best way to phrase this, but this one lets you have more Emblems/Stands/Personas/whatever you call them. It comes in multiple waves and adds Hector (from Blazing Blade, grants defence and counter attacks), Soren (from Radiant Dawn, grants access to magic that hits multiple foes), Camila (from Fates, can mess with the terrain), Chrom & Robin (from Awakening, apparently lets you overwhelm foes with sword and magic attacks) and Veronica (from the mobile game, can pull extra allies from loot boxes). New missions that grant these emblems are included in the DLC as well. Pack 4 however features something called the Fell Xenologue, which is a new story that has assassins and, by the looks of things, a playable Fell Dragon.

Harmony: The Fall of Reverie
A narrative adventure (looks like a visual novel to me) featuring a soundtrack by Lena Raine of Celeste and Minecraft fame. where you have access to a divine power that lets you travel between the real world and Reverie that serves as the home of the gods. Of course, a megacorp is screwing everything over as a megacorp does. You can also see into the future, and as such you can use that power to decide the fate of both worlds. Launches for Switch this june.

Octopath Traveler 2
A demo is now available for this game on the E-Shop and save data from the demo carries over to the full game.

We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie
What's with all the reveries? A remake of the PS2 game, this absolutely nuts game involves rolling running stuff over with a ball in order to make your ball even bigger. Five new challenges featuring the young King of all Cosmos and a selfie cam (because all new games need a selfie cam) have been added. Released June 2nd.

Sea of Stars
A semi(?) open world turn based RPG set in the same universe as The Messenger where you combine the powers of the Sun and Moon in order to stop the demons (I think). This game features music from guest compser Yasunori Mitsuda, whose portfolio includes Chrono Trigger (served as a co-composer), some Smash remixes and Mario Party. Releases August 29th. A demo is also now available on the eShop.

Omega Strikers
A 3v3 F2P live service multiplayer hero air hockey game. Launches 27th of July.

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection
Even in a Direct, F.O.E! This is a remastered collection of three RPGs for the DS where you have to draw your own maps for the dungeon. There's also FM synth music (can't tell whether it's Mega Drive or PC-98) and that makes me smirk. The remaster includes a difficulty select and an auto mapping option. I've not played any Etrian Odyssey games before, but they remind me of Shining in the Darkness at a glance. Launches June 1st, and the digital versions are able to be purchased seperately instead of as a bundle.

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
A remake of the Advance Wars games for the GBA. It was delayed in order to distance itself from current events and will now be releasing April 21st.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
A new postgame campaign featuring Magolor will be included in the remaster. You start off with a pathetic moveset, but you can earn Magic Points to upgrade your abilities in order to escape fom Another Dimension. Up to four players can play in this mode. A demo for the game will also be released containing a few Nintendo-aproved stages and minigames.

Switch Online
Long Game Boy tangent; TL;DR the Game Boy and the Game Boy Advance are both coming to Switch Online: show
The nigh-indestructible Game Boy is coming to Switch Online! The following titles will be included at launch:
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  • Link's Awakening DS
  • Gargoyle's Quest
  • Game & Watch Gallery 3
  • Metroid 2: Samus Returns
  • Wario Land 3
  • Kirby's Dream Land
The following titles:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  • Pokemon TCG
  • Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
will be available at a later date. You have the option of using any of the GBC colour filters as well as a green filter resembling the DMG-01.

But that's not all! The GBA is also going to be added. This absolute classic system will be added with the following games:
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (includes e-Reader levels)
  • WarioWare Inc.: Minigame Mania
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (RIP AlphaDream
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The following titles will be coming at a later date:
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  • Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
  • F-Zero Maximum Velocity
  • Golden Sun
Local and online multiplayer is available for both systems. The original Game Boy is available regardless of subscription tiers (which makes sense, considering how simple most of the games are) while the GBA is exclusive to the NSO Expansion Pack.
Metroid Prime Remastered
No Prime 4, but I guess this counts. This is a nice-looking renaster of the original GameCube game that offers both modern twin stick controls and a control scheme similar to the orignal game (it doesn't appear to have gyro aim unfortunately). I can't stand playing FPS games on a controller though so I'm sticking to PrimeHack. This game is available for digital downloads immediately and a physical version is coming March 3rd

Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE
A mystery-solving game where you play as a trainee detective called Yuma (and the spirit Shinigami who is haunting him; never a good sign that) in order to stop Amaterasu Corporation from doing megacorp stuff. You'll team up with other super detectives who have supernatural powers such as Disguise (shapeshifting), Audial Aptitude (super hearing) and Postcongintion (viewing past crime scenes). After collecting enough evidence, Shinigami makes you do a Mystery Labyrinth (something resembling a Persona palace) to finally crack the case. Launches June 30th.

Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster
A remaster of two GameCube deckbuilding RPGs. The twist here is that, instead of directly controlling the main protagonists, you play as their guardian spirits. Releases this summer.

Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time
A sequel to the 3DS game Fantasy Life. A time-traveling life sim RPG thing where you attempt to restore a destroyed island with the help of a mysterious girl who sends you back in time (that I bet she stole) so that you can see how it was 1000 years ago.You also juggle multiple jobs like in the 3DS game.

Professor Layton and The New World of Steam
An all-CGI trailer for a new Professor Layton game after god-knows-how-long. It seems to have a steampunk theme. My brother will be pleased.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass
What's this? A new course visually on par with the base game? A new track based on Yoshi's Island (complete with a rendition of the athletic theme from that game) will be coming to Wave 4. Plus, Birdo is also being added by the DLC as a playable character (even though she actually already was in the game... on a poster). Coming this spring!

Misc. Annoucements
Just showing off a few games and release dates. They are:
  • Minecraft Legends (18/04/2023)
  • Blanc (14/02/2023)
  • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (14/04/2023)
  • Have a Nice Death (22/03/2023)
  • WBSC eBASEBALL: POWER PROS (right now this minute)
  • Disney Dreamlight Valley (New update adding stuff from The Lion King; comes April 2023)
  • Tales of Symphonia Remastered (17/02/2023)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom
Ganondorf is peeved. Looks like Hyrule is even more screwed than it already was. Zelda has given up hope as well, but Link doesn't care. Looks like vehicles, a bomb launcher and, uh, Hylia. Coming May 12th, with a more expensive collectors edition containing a pin set, steelbook case, steel poster and artbook in addition to the game itself. There's also a new Amiibo that will almost certainly sell out as soon as it's released.[/quote]

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:29 am

I downloaded the Gameboy yesterday and started playing Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and beat it. I've never played it before, but the level themes are so cool. Oh, and I'm hyped for the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass too.

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit

Postby ShadowXeldron » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:24 pm

New Direct dropped.
Everything that was announced: show
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet DLC
Pokemon '06 (not redacting that statement) is already getting DLC because TPCi. This seems to be adding two new "mini-regions", those being Kitakami and Blueberry Academy:
Really long Pokemon stuff: show
[*]The Teal Mask - You go on a school trip to Kitakami, which is a Japan-esque region (to the point where it's giving me Yo-kai Watch vibes; that's definitely not a bad thing since Yo-kai Watch is awesome) wherein the Festival of the Masks takes place to celebrate some legendaries(?) chasing off an evil ogre (who I bet was mad at you kids for staying up too late). Only problem is, the evil ogre itself appears in the trailer (presumably in the weird mouth shaped mountain) and doesn't seem to be up to any good. There are two major characters in the DLC: Carmine and Kieran. I'll presume that they serve as rivals. You also get a kimono, which is a good thing because that school uniform gets boring fast.
[*] The Indigo Disc - In this one, you've been banished off to Blueberry Academy which is like the school in Mesagoza but even posher. So posh in fact that they basically built an entire region known as the Terrarium inside of an undersea dome (thanks for nicking my idea for a cool Pokemon League GF; I'm going to be searching my wardrobe for Nintendo spies later) which features four biomes (grass, savanha, ice mountain, volcano) that have been separated by these walls. New characters are Cyrano (who I guess is their Clavell), Lacey (seems to be a rival of sorts) and a few others. You also get a... different school uniform. Yay.

The trailer specifically shows off Gligar, Sentret, Hoothoot, Corphish, Magikarp, Normal Wooper, Yanma, Poochyena, Vulpix, Sensu-Style Oricorio, Aipom, Snorlax, Chimecho, Exeggcute, Exeggutor Minchino,Blitzle, Zebstrika,Golett, Golurk, Seel, Dewgong, Pyroar (both forms appear in a double battle in fact), Whimsicot, Metagross, Reuniclus, Milotic, Flygon, Alcremie. Can't remember if any of these guys are already in the game since I haven't played SV in quite a while. At the end of the trailer, Terapagos' 3D model is shown off in what I think is Area Zero.
Also Gimmighoul and a mystery gift code (TREASUREHUNT; valid until July 31st) raids I guess.
Sonic Superstars
They let Arzest make a Sonic game...
Switch conversion seems to have lower texture quality and lacks antialiasing. This seems to be the Mania 2 that everyone's been asking for, and it features Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Amy (with 4-player couch co-op) as playable characters. You can also get the Chaos Emeralds to use Shadow Clone Jutsu, climb waterfalls and reveal hidden platforms.

Palia
Alright, so what if 3D Stardew Valley mixed with Breath of the Wild but it looks like Fortnite and it's F2P? Seems to feature online multiplayer and allows for building customisation, robots, and some guy who looks like Blinx the Timesweeper (good to know that someone appreciates Blinx).

Persona 5 Tactica
...They made Joker a midget. The thieves end up in an unfamiliar world (trailer's words not mine; bet it's just someone's head). They end up teaming up with a rebel called Erina and proceed to do theif stuff. Looks to be a bit like XCOM or Mario & Rabbids with added Persona elements, and you can do an All Out Attack (called Triple Threat here) by making a triangle around downed enemies with three units. Of course, you can also mash Personas together.

MythForce
A co-op fantasy FPS from Aspyr inspired by 80s Saturday morning cartoons such as He-Man. You have to stop an evil guy (I think his name is pronounced Devilst?) by going through roguelike levels, and it supports up to four players simultaneously and allows for dropping in or out at any time.

Splatoon 3
Ice Cream Splatfest. Vanilla vs Straberry vs Mint Choc Chip. There's also a new mode called Challenges, which seems to be turf wars with a modifier, with the Foggy Notion being shown off in the trailer (wherein the area is obscured by kryptonite fog).

Detective Pikachu Returns
Everyone's favourite coffee-loving motion capture Pikachu who's also a gambler private investigator I hope someone gets that joke (and also Tim) is back, and it looks way too much . I'm guessing that it was started before SV since the trailer mostly features Gen 8 Pokemon. Pikachu also sounds deeper than he did in the 3DS game; maybe they changed voice actors?

Super Mario RPG Remake
WHY IS EVERYONE A MIDGET!?! The latest in Square's neverending campaign to remake all their stuff, this is a remake of the classic SNES RPG with the modern Mario art style, giving us a look at Mallow, Geno and the Smithy Gang in glorious realtime 3D> The game looks suprisingly close to the original. Gameplay seems to be intact, with added high-fidelity FMVs for certain cutscenes. Also seems to have an orchestral score. Truth be told, I would've wanted a HD-2D remake similar to what Live-A-Live got, but I can understand if Nintendo wouldn't have wanted that.

Alright, no more Mario. The Nintendo guy said there wouldn't be anymore Mario. Really. With that said...

Peach Game (placeholder title since they didn't tell us the actual name)
Peach is on a stage, and looks to be hanging out with... the sunflower from Boktai? We only got a brief look at the game, but you can use a ribbon to attack and can stand on certain spots for a transformation.

Luigi's Mansion 2 Remaster
A remaster of the 3DS game with higher resolution visuals and, of course, a lower framerate. It's still in development however. The Mario RPG remake, Peach Game(TM) and the Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster are all launching next year. Seems like Nintendo have only just started to milk the Mario Movie.

Batman Arkham Trilogy
A collection of the Batman Arkham games with all their DLCs, coming to Switch. Specifically, the collection contains the following titles:
[*]Batman Arkham Asylum
[*]Batman Arkham City
[*]Batman Arkham Knight

Gloomhaven
A console versions of the deck-based board game. Features 17 playable characters and involves card-based combat, hex-based movement and turn-based gameplay.

Just Dance 2024
Wait, they still make Just Dance games? Sounds very autotune, and the trailer explicitly mentions K-Pop, Latin and Hip-Hop (rap) as some of the genres included, with Flowers by Miley Cyrus, Titi Me Pregunto by Bad Bunny, I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston, How You Like That by Blackpink, Sail by Owlnation and My Name Is by D Billions are some of the tracks included. I have never actually heard of any of those songs. Of course, you also get the subscription service for extra tracks as well.

Silent Hope
In a setting where nobody can talk (except the princess; the king nicked all the words apparently), you have to jump into a hole to get some words out of said king. This looks like a roguelite where you jump back and forth between an abyss and a base camp, and the aim is to get a princess out of crystalised tears.

Fae Farm
Okay, so what if Stardew Valley, but also Fairies? Launches as a console exclusive (don't know whether they mean "Switch only" or "No PC") and supports online co-op.

HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED 2 - TURBOCHARGED
ALL CAPS TITLE, ALL CAPS PARAGRAPH! YOU GET 130+ HOT WHEELS TO PICK FROM AND THERE'S A TRACK BUILDER SO YOU CAN MAKE HOT WHEELS TRACKS WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT GRAVITY. ALAS, I USED TO HAVE A HANDFUL OF HOT WHEELS BACK IN THE DAY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IT THEM. WHY, I COULD'VE SOLD THEM FOR £10 OR SOMETHING! ALSO HAS 4-PLAYER COUCH MULTIPLAYER AND 12-PLAYER ONLINE.

Manic Mechanics
*huff* *puff*... Wait, 4J Studios are still a thing? You mean they didn't just fade into obscurity after Microsoft discontinued Minecraft Legacy Console edition? This looks like Overcooked, but you're car mechanics. Supports up to 4-player co-op.

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope - The Last Spark Hunter
Mario & the Rabbids have ended up on a musical planet in this DLC. Features a giant robot Rabbid King Bob-Omb. There's also now a demo of the game on the eShop.

Dragon Quest Monsters - The Dark Prince
Monsters are at it again. A dark prince tries to fight off the monsters, but then he gets cursed and instead has to get the monsters to beat each other up. You can fuse monsters to make a party of 4, and features 4v4 monster battles. Also Hero from Dragon Quest 3 is here and... is an antagonist?

Pikmin 4
In standard Pikmin fashion, you've crashed on Planet Pikmin and have to team up with a dog thing called Oatchi. The aim is to repair your spaceship by hoarding random crap (including a GBA SP for some reason), as well as saving any of the castaways who've also crashlanded. Oatchi basically serves as a bunch of Pikmin, an obstacle destroyer, and a boat for crossing water. There's also the caves from Pikmin 2, and you go in there to find treasure and castaways. Problem is, there's also an evil guy who looks like Olimar mixed with a Pikmin (making me think this takes place after Pikmin 1's bad ending) who has his own evil dog with a Pikmin leaf for a tail, and you have to fight him in what the game calls a "Dandori Battle", which is basically a 2-player Pikmin battle based around nabbing as much stuff as possible during the time limit, to rescue the castaways he captures. Castaways can be used to unlock more stuff at the base camp, including giving Oatchi more abilities and crafting upgrade items from the materials that you find.
Oh, and you can go out at night. During the night, all the mobs are crazy and are attempting to attack mounds made of Luminols. To make up for it, night missions let you utilise Glow Pikmin who are these ghostly Pikmin that can be used to beat these night time enemies.

Also, Pikmin 1 and 2 remasters were shadow dropped so that you can play the entire series (but not Hey! Pikmin because nobody likes Arzest) on the Switch.

Metal Gear Master Collection Vol.1
SNAAAAKE! Konami wants to be taken seriously again, so they're re-releasing MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake for the MSX, as well as NES Metal Gear and Snakes Revenge. There's also MGS1 and 2 digital graphic novels, screenplay books, master books, strategy guides and a soundtrack player. Finally, the MGS trilogy will also be recieving separate releases on the eShop.

Vampire Survivors
The popular PC horde game is getting a Switch release. You have 30 minutes to survive an onslaught of monsters, and the game now supports 4 player couch co-op (huge missed opportunity to call it Count Co-Op, but whatever.)

Nintendo European Championships
Why. This bit might be different on different streams, but since I'm watching the UK stream I get the EU one. Nintendo have brought back the European Splatoon Championships (with finals held in Frankfurt, Germany). And, uh, Nintendo wants to make Mario Kart 8 (definitely not a balanced game whatsoever) into an eSport for some reason. Milking that Wii U port, aren't we Nintendo?

Headbangers Rhythm Royale
Seems to be some kind of rhythm game battle royale about pigeons. Features a follow-the-leader mode called Yes Commander, a slingshot piano mode(?) called First Piano Shooter, a rhythm racing space flying game called To The Sky, and a bunch of others.

Penny's Big Breakaway
It's Evening Star's 3D platformer that they've been teasing since forever! You play as Penny, who is some kind of yo-you performer who managed to upset Emperor Eddie by tearing his clothes off with a yo-yo, and is currently outunning an army of penguins. No, this is not the trippiest game in this trailer. The game is a fast-paced 3D platformer reminiscent of a PSX game, and I'm personally happy to see this since I've been waiting for ages to see what the Mania team have been getting up to. (you can tell, since I recognised the title character from the silhouette they gave)

Mario Kart 8 DX
Alright, real final Mario announcement. Seriously. Wave 5 of the DLC announced, it features a bathroom map called Squeaky Clean Sprint (that's the only one they showed off), and will be adding Petey Piranha, Wiggler and Kamek as playable characters.

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R
SQUARE HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME REPEAT A JOKE. This is a HD-2D remake of Square's PSX RPG, and features a space pilot called Claude being stuck on a planet in medieval stasis, after which he meets some kind of elf girl called Rena who, just like most JRPG girls, has mystical powers. You can pick either Claude (who is melee focused) or Rena (who has healing magic) as your main character. The recruitable extra characters change based on the current main character and the choices you make, and the game features a realtime battle system that is played with a single button and includes stunning, chain attacks and the ability to make party members who are on standby use followup attacks.

WarioWare: Move It!
This looks to be a spiritual successor to WarioWare: Smooth Moves, wherein you use both JoyCons like a wiimote and nunchuck in waggle microgames. If you have an extra pair of controllers, you can have 2-player co-op. If you have three extra pairs of controllers, you also get 4-player couch multiplayer and a party mode (wherein you play a Mario Party-esque board game.

Tears of the Kingdom
Seems charging extra for this game must've paid off in the end because you've all gone and made Nintendo even richer. There are also going to be new Amiibos of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf released.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Okay. fine, here's the big Mario announcement. Specifically, it's the 2D Mario game that everyone's been asking for. See, Nintendo knows that the NSMB series stopped being new eventually, so instead of doing something safe again they made this really trippy game. This looks to be a faster paced take on 2D Mario, featuring talking flowers (complete with voice acting!) and items called Wonder Flowers that weirdify the level and give you the chance to collect an item called a Wonder Seed. The playables appear to be Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad, Peach and Daisy. There's also a guy who looks like Dark Bowser included, and there's a load of purple coins everywhere which are only fractions of a coin, and there's even a sort of combo system that increments similar to how the score does in most Mario games. Honestly, it's one of those things that's better seen than believed, so go and watch the direct for yourself to experience what may just be the weirdest Mario game yet. The trippy visuals and dreamlike atmosphere imply that this game may actually take place in Mario's head.

Also, Elephant Mario is real and you can't escape.
I don't really collect Switch games anymore, but this does seem like an interesting lineup.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:09 am

I'm most excited for the Super Mario RPG remake, the untitled Peach game, the wave 5 DLC for MK8DX, and Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Return to “Video Games”