Postby h2643 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:38 am

ZELDA!!!

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:44 am

King of Eterity wrote:Dang! the Switch is not even out yet and we are already able to make memes out of it?
there's always room for memes lad

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 pm

So the Switch came out like 5 days ago and this topic is still dead?

I am wondering if anyone here does own one. Also it is probably best not to buy one now because there has been problems and the most common issue is scratched screens.

So basically you need a screen protector or some padding on the dock because the dock can scratch the screen. But there have been some cases where some people's Nintendo Switches have been not working. Thankfully Nintendo have gone to replace/fix these but it does mean the owners of those Switches have to wait a few weeks to actually be able to play on a Switch again. Also there have been reports about dead pixels but Nintendo have said that they won't replace Switches for that reason. Future Switch batches will most likely come with improvements from the initial batch. Same goes for other consoles because previous consoles have also had problems with the first batch.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Well thank god I didn't get a switch on the release date. :P

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Eh, lots of devices have launch issues, let's not blow this out of proportion. We only hear about the cases that go badly; lots of people have Switches with no issues. Doesn't seem any rockier than your typical console launch.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Pseudo wrote:Eh, lots of devices have launch issues, let's not blow this out of proportion. We only hear about the cases that go badly; lots of people have Switches with no issues. Doesn't seem any rockier than your typical console launch.
I keep telling people this and try to remind them how bad the launch for both the PS4 and XBone were.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:16 pm

^
Not to mention the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death way back in the day. The Switch issues are actually kind of minor in comparison to some other historical issues, and the consoles have largely been successful in spite of that.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:42 pm

It seems the switch isn't really what we hoped it would be. Lets hope it's just launch issues.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:54 pm

This is why some people choose to wait a couple of months before they buy a Switch, because they're still in development and the people who chose to get one early are more than likely stuck with a problematic version.

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Pseudo wrote:^
Not to mention the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death way back in the day. The Switch issues are actually kind of minor in comparison to some other historical issues, and the consoles have largely been successful in spite of that.
I can completly confirm this.

besides those consoles were way more expensive then the switch if we consider that

right now the switch needs third party support. i.e. is needs those games that everyone wants on the switch which may happen as skyrim is coming. thats a start i guess.

what 3rd party games do you think may make the system?

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:07 pm

witchking666 wrote:It seems the switch isn't really what we hoped it would be.

what were "we" hoping it would be?

Inspirited
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Inspirited » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:28 pm

I believe 1st party is more of a problem right now. Will we finally get a good Mario Party? Where's Mario Kart 9? Other Mario games? What about a new Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kirby, Metroid, F-Zero maybe? I honestly don't care about 3rd party.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm

To be honest, the Switch shouldn't need 3rd party games on it. 1st party games are lacking, and they should give those more attention. Seriously, when was the last time a Super Mario title was released on Nintendo console? They should keep 3rd party games at a minimum on the Switch.

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Ace » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:55 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:To be honest, the Switch shouldn't need 3rd party games on it. 1st party games are lacking, and they should give those more attention. Seriously, when was the last time a Super Mario title was released on Nintendo console? They should keep 3rd party games at a minimum on the Switch.
Good thing you don't work at Nintendo

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto

Postby Nanaya » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:58 pm

thats a bit of a problem. first party games are great and all. but consumers want 3rd party games. im looking more towards the future of the console rather then now. a launch is supposed to be slow and not have many games. hell there will be problems. but think about it like this. if it is only first party games would you play it? no i need more. thats 3rd party exclusives are good and 3rd party games in general.
if anything they should like ask namco to make a soul caliber x fire emblem or fire emblem fighting game. something like that will turn alot of heads to the switch. Or konami with and exclusive castlivaina metriod game or something.
hell bring sfv to the switch or bring grand theft auto or something. do something that the consumers and kids nowadays want.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Nanaya Jacob wrote:thats a bit of a problem. first party games are great and all. but consumers want 3rd party games. im looking more towards the future of the console rather then now. a launch is supposed to be slow and not have many games. hell there will be problems. but think about it like this. if it is only first party games would you play it? no i need more. thats 3rd party exclusives are good and 3rd party games in general.
if anything they should like ask namco to make a soul caliber x fire emblem or fire emblem fighting game. something like that will turn alot of heads to the switch. Or konami with and exclusive castlivaina metriod game or something.
hell bring sfv to the switch or bring grand theft auto or something. do something that the consumers and kids nowadays want.
but then they wouldn't call it a Nintendo Switch, instead they would call it a Game Switch

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto

Postby Nanaya » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:06 pm

its a gaming console no? then the snes would not be the snes it would be the sges and the n64 would be the g64
it is a gaming console. it is made by nintendo. they should make first party games while making third partysupport. mainly foucsing on that third party support

Inspirited
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Inspirited » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:39 am

Alright, I agree with you Nanaya. Even though I'd prefer a huge launch over a slow launch.

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Somewhat old video.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:46 pm

^ I think people forget that this video is only a compilation of a small number of Nintendo Switch casualties, and that they probably shouldn't use this as evidence that the Switch is "garbage".

Return to “Video Games”