What's happening with CC12's levels?

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

What's happening with CC12's levels?

Postby Ecruteak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:50 pm

(is this the right place to ask this?)

I think this has probably already been answered, but I just wanted to ask.
Remember CC12? Those levels have been long judged, but are they ever gonna be featured in some sort of episode or something?
Same with that Vanilla Contest held earlier this year.

Since Tower of Biased is over (I think), I'm asking just to see what'll happen to the levels that were judged for the Vanilla Contest and CC12. I recall seeing on those topics that they'll be featured in episodes.

The only reason I'm asking is because both announcement topics disappeared. I hope I don't sound like I'm being impatient, since I'm actually not. I'm just asking.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Re: What's happening with CC12's levels?

Postby Quill » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:02 pm

The CC12 episode is definitely a thing. There's been a handful of problems holding it back from release but it will be finished eventually.

Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Ecruteak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:11 pm

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure. I hadn't heard anything relating to it in a long while.
Thanks.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:35 am

Quill wrote:The CC12 episode is definitely a thing. There's been a handful of problems holding it back from release but it will be finished eventually.
One of those things is my level is unplayable with 2.0 as of right now. I also never got word from Quill to Fix the lua bug in my level.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:18 am

Both Rinkas;Heaven and Rinkas;Tale are broken, too.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:52 am

Why you guys still want a CC12 episode anyways, the contest itself was bad and awfully messy on scores, let's just get on with CC13 please.
No, but really this is another thing I thought of last month, especially of how surprised I was when we never got it during the Summer, longest CC hiatus I recall.
I'm more hoping for CC13 to happen than the CC12 episode in an honest way.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:51 am

We already had guest supporters on ToB episodes, didn't we? Why not consider that again, if it makes sense?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:11 pm

Supershroom wrote:We already had guest supporters on ToB episodes, didn't we? Why not consider that again, if it makes sense?
That's not a bad idea.
Though the problem with that is, we would have to pass an updated version to each other and then replace the old kind just to do the same, etc.

Thus I'm sure the way CC12's episode would be like, considering the contest was bad Quill and Valtteri are trying to do something big with the episode.
Additionaly, since it's the start of a new series after the end of ToB they would have to think of a new way to entertain everyone.
Thus Lunalua is changing faster than it did back then now that it's growing big, and Quill and Valtteri could be following along with this.
Probably meaning it's not just events in reality holding them up, but trying to work everything together.
I mean think of the amount of levels that used Lunalua: 29.

And here are some of these that they have to move:
Spoiler: show
Quill's troll level that was leaked through ElTipsa's review.
Horikawa's Wart level?
My "unfair yet I it was mid diffcult to me back then" level, with loud sounds.
PixelPest's Stormy lava level
A bubble Mario level
MECHDRAGON's best CC level to date

And what makes the list bigger are all the rinka levels, which they all have one thing in common, they all have the same luna text.
A half are PramaJon's thing, a Pub, Undertale in SMBX, Apocalypse sky, long Conquest, An Omega rinka, Mega Wrench, and Shadow Kracko/Alolan Kracko thing along with a two in one name trend Castle.
And yes that's only half of the Rinkas levels (the other half I would like to mention contains Camacho's a Shinbison's levels which don't use actual lunalua coding).
So counting all of that and the 54 regular levels would also take a lot of space to handle probably a bit more than 1.5 GB!
So with all of these levels from the contest, the episode that they're working on that seems to be a difficult and big one in development, and everything else going on, we should expect a big ass download around later October and mid November.
However, there is sure to be a time where they get loads of process done in one week like how ToBX was out before Halloween 2015.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:23 pm

The contest wasn't that bad?? It was actually really juicy and it was nice to see some people earning a good place besides the "so called pro-level designer that get praised so much"

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm curious: are the "broken Lua" levels like that due to poor programming on the level creator's part, or is it because Lua updates made the code obsolete? If the former is true, I don't see why the levels aren't released as is (I don't think any of the previous CCs made efforts to fix levels). If the latter is true, that might be a good reason not to allow Lua in later CCs.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:If the latter is true, that might be a good reason not to allow Lua in later CCs.
No. If anything it's a good reason to add a rule that all used APIs should be included in the level folder and loaded as "local_apiname.lua". Core lua always makes sure to be backwards compatible, but third-party APIs sometimes neglect that.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Enjl wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:If the latter is true, that might be a good reason not to allow Lua in later CCs.
No. If anything it's a good reason to add a rule that all used APIs should be included in the level folder and loaded as "local_apiname.lua". Core lua always makes sure to be backwards compatible, but third-party APIs sometimes neglect that.
On the topic of my level, My level used NPC 293 which is now a Starman.I also used an old version of encrypt.dll as a local api instead of the one in the lunascribslib folder.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:00 am

We gotta wait till a thing happens which is currently unknown but it's gonna be great!

ParmaJon
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby ParmaJon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote: A half are PramaJon's thing
what?
Last edited by ParmaJon on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Same never knew people could send in half their levels.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:08 am

That's not how it's written though.
Yet I didn't even say "things" as that would've been stating half of the Rinkas levels were made by Pramajon. :P

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 am

Who dat PramaJon? ParmaJons evil brother?

ParmaJon
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby ParmaJon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:That's not how it's written though.
Yet I didn't even say "things" as that would've been stating half of the Rinkas levels were made by Pramajon. :P
I keep rereading your post and i have no idea what you mean

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:35 am

Valtteri/Quill, what do you think about keeping the tower's style simplier, to get it done quicker?

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”