M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame (Player Analysis)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame (Player Analysis)

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:19 pm

M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early...
A TNTtimelord Game™
-13 players
-Full Role Flip
-Forced activity - players who don't participate in some way get vegged, in other words, subbed out or kicked out.

Mafia Aligned:
-Actress - Visits a player to learn their color. When they die, they cardflip whoever they last visited. (Waddle Derp)
-Associate - Gives a gun to a player once a game. If it shoots a mafia, it doesn't kill. (MECHDRAGON777)
-Bomb - If killed (not lynched) will take down who killed them with. Also dies & kills anyone who visits them. (Zeldamaster12)

Town Aligned:
-Santa - Can visit two players per night. One is to check his naughty/nice list, the other is to give a player an item (listed below) (Sanct)
-Caroler - Can visit a player at night once for the game. That player will hear a song about three players, and at least one of which is mafia (Syndrilevosse)
-Penguin - Waddles over to a player to tell them a random bit of useful info. (Ness-Wednesday)
-Nurse- Protects one player per night, but simultaneously roleblocks them. (Yoshi021)
-Town (TNTtimelord)
-Town (Supershroom)
-Town (Nanaya Jacob)
-Town (Spinda)
-Miller (Doesntpostverymuch)

Third Party
Angel - Assigned a random player to protect at the beginning of the game, and can choose one night a game to act as a bodyguard. (witchking666) (protected Sanct)

EXTRA INFO:
-List of items Santa can give:
-Gun: player can shoot someone during the day night (Pseudo) and kill. 50/50 shot of becoming revealed
-Vest: player can survive a kill attempt once with a vest. Pseudo: must be actively used
-Crystal Ball: if the santa dies, the players whom the crystal was given to have their colors revealed
-Key: Player can choose to lock themself in with their key the next night and protect them from any night actions
-Santa's naught/nice list:
-If Naughty, player is aligned with mafia
-If Nice, player is aligned with town
-If neither naughty nor nice, player is either miller, third party, or town who mistakenly shot other town
-When santa inspects someone, it does NOT count as a visit. Gift giving does, however
-If game ends and Angel's assigned player is still alive, angel wins along with the winning side.

If anything else needs to be explained, go ahead and tell me.

Pseudo:
• The Penguin will reveal a random visit to the targeted player (i.e. player A visited player B).
• The Angel will simply protect their assigned player doctor-style when acting as a bodyguard. They do not know if their assigned player is a townie or mafioso.
• This game will not feature protection day messages, since it would mess with the Angel and Key's functionalities.
• However, roleblocked players will be notified.
• Made Guns kill during the night since it was a little weird and would prevent the Bomb from operating properly (since there's no vigilante).
• Players will be notified when obtaining an item, except for the Crystal Ball.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Role PM wrote:You are the Actress! You're good at imitating the behavior of your fellow citizens, and have decided to use this talent for evil. Each night, you may visit one player and learn their cardflip color. When you die, you will roleflip as the last player you visited. Additionally, you will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player> (the Associate) and <player> (the Bomb) to kill one player each night.

You win by equaling or outnumbering the town.
Role PM wrote:You are the Associate! You like to associate with the mafia. Once throughout the whole game, you can slip someone a gun during the night. If this gun is used to target a mafia member, it will fail altogether. Additionally, you will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player> (the Actress) and <player> (the Bomb) to kill one player each night.

Role PM wrote:You are the Bomb! I assume you're supposed to be an explosives expert or some such. If someone tries to visit you during the night, including with a gun, you will automatically explode, killing yourself and the player who tried to visit you. Additionally, you will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player> (the Actress) and <player> (the Bomb) to kill one player each night.

Role PM wrote:You are Santa! Each night, you can check your naughty list to find out if a player is a townsperson, a Mafia member, or the Miller/Angel/a town traitor. Additionally, you can sneak into someone's chimney each night and leave them a gun, vest, crystal ball, or key (check the main thread post for details on each of these items). Only the latter action is considered a visit.

You win by eliminating the Mafia from the game.
Role PM wrote:You are the Caroler! Once throughout the whole game, you can stand outside someone's house during the night and sing a song about three random players, at least one of whom is a Mafia member. You won't hear the song yourself.

Role PM wrote:You are the Penguin! Each night, you can waddle over to someone's house and whisper them a secret about a visit that happened that night (it might even be about you!). You won't hear the secret yourself.

Role PM wrote:You are the Nurse! You like helping people. Each night, you can confine someone to a hospital room and prevent them from being night killed. This will also prevent their ability from working that night, which they will be notified about.

Role PM wrote:You are a Townsperson! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

You could be the Miller but you can't say for sure.

Role PM wrote:You've been assigned as <player>'s Guardian Angel! <Player>'s survival is paramount. As long as they survive for the whole game, you will win the game as well, even if you don't survive yourself. To help you with this, you can protect <player> once throughout the whole game to prevent them from being night killed.
Players (2/13 remain)
1. MECHDRAGON777 (Associate) (died Day 3)
2. Yoshi021 (Nurse) (died Night 2)
3. Nanaya Jacob (Townsperson) (died Day 6)
4. Zeldamaster12 (Bomb)
5. Spinda (Townsperson) (died Night 1)
6. Supershroom (Townsperson) (died Night 6)
7. Waddle Derp (Actress, cardflipped as Penguin) (died Day 5)
8. Doesntpostverymuch (Miller)
9. Sanct (Santa) (died Night 3)
10. Syndrilevosse (Caroler) (died Night 5)
11. Ness-Wednesday (Penguin) (died Day 4)
12. TNTtimelord (Townsperson) (died Day 2)
13. witchking666 (Angel) (died Night 2)

Backups
1. TNTtimelord (replaced The Anti-Person)

Death Messages
Night 1
Spinda was walking down the street when someone put him... on ice.
Spinda has died! He was a Townsperson.

Day 1
Everybody stayed in their houses all day and didn't do anything.

Night 2
witchking666 was sent back to heaven.
witchking666 has died! He was the Angel.

Yoshi021 was working overtime at the hospital when someone snuck in and assassinated him.
Yoshi021 has died! He was the Nurse.

Day 2
An insta!

The townspeople gathered in the town square and decided to lynch TNTtimelord based on a comment he had made. It... didn't turn out as hoped.
TNTtimelord has died! He was a Townsperson.

Night 3
Sanct tried to get his elves to defend him, but the assassin shot their way past them.
Sanct has died! He was Santa.

Day 3
An insta!

The townspeople looked at the evidence that had turned up at the scene of Sanct's death. They deduced that MECHDRAGON777 was behind everything. And they were right...
MECHDRAGON777 has died! He was the Associate.

Night 4
Nobody died.

Day 4
Ness-Wednesday was dragged to the center of town and hanged after some bickering.
Ness-Wednesday has died! He was the Penguin.

Night 5
Syndrilevosse, the best signer in town, was found dead in his home.
Syndrilevosse has died! He was the Caroler.

Day 5
An insta!

The townspeople turned on Waddle Derp, and he accepted his fate.
Waddle Derp has died! He was the Penguin.

Night 6
Supershroom was killed, a chilling crime indeed.
Supershroom has died! He was a Townsperson.

Day 6
Christmas had come early to Mafiaville, and so had death. As the townspeople scrambled to figure out who belonged to the murderous crime family that gave the town its name, the Mafia members themselves plotted in the shadows. Even fat and jolly Sanct and his guardian angel witchking666 had tried to work against them from his workshop at the North Pole, but eventually he stopped showing up to the town meetings and everyone feared for the worst. They were right, unfortunately, and eventually explosives expert Zeldamaster12 came to dominate the small town, after he tricked Doesntpostverymuch into making the tough decision to kill his friendly but quiet old neighbor, Nanaya Jacob.
Nanaya Jacob has died! He was a Townsperson.

Zeldamaster cackled maniacally as he looked over the destruction. "There are going to be a few changes around here," he said to Doesntpostverymuch as he pulled out a few sticks of dynamite...
Phases will shift during the evening (in Eastern Standard Time) each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta during the day).

The MAFIA wins!

Congratulations to Zeldamaster12, as well as his teammates Waddle Derp and MECHDRAGON777! You all did a great job as the mafia. And good work to the town as well - this was one of the closest games between the mafia and town that we've seen in a while.

Link to Google Doc (contains ability targets, etc.)

Final phase change

My personal thoughts
We had a very close game here. The blues managed to stay alive for a long time and be somewhat effective, though oddly Ness-Wednesday never used his ability at all, which did not do well at all for him or the town in general. The mafia's performance was excellent and Zeldamaster12 is almost certainly the MVP of this game, most of which he and Waddle Derp had planned out several phases in advance (with a few adaptations when necessary). Zeldamaster's playing on Nanaya Jacob's inactivity with the mafia's own non-kill during Night 4 was legitimately one of the best evil plans I've seen executed in this forum's mafia, along with Joey's sneaking into the blue alliance in M15. I do admit that a few important decisions in this game were affected by lack of clarity/my misinterpretation of the rules, which I again am really really sorry about. Fun game though, and good job everyone.

Player Analysis
MECHDRAGON777: The Associate. Good usage of your ability, and great response to the caroling from Syndrilevosse. You were a valuable member of the mafia, and there's really nothing you could have done about being crystal balled by Santa.

Yoshi021: The Nurse. You had good ability usage aside from roleblocking Santa unintentional, up until you were killed by the mafia. Not super active though, but you died in the early game so not much to blame you for.

Nanaya Jacob: Townsperson. Pretty inactive, which was a big part of the town's loss. Please don't do this.

Zeldamaster12: The Bomb. MVP of the game, great job! Thanks to Waddle Derp's inspections coordinated by the whole mafia, they were able to root out most of the blues fairly early in the game and pick them off one by one. Zeldamaster12 is the specific MVP since he did most of the planning for the group, and especially due to his lynching plan on Day 6 that won his team the game. Good job not getting visited for the whole game by the way.

Spinda: Townsperson. Died Night 1, but not much can be done about that.

Supershroom: Townsperson. One of the more valuable townspeople, you kept a cool head even late into the game when things were looking pretty grim. You had good leads and even predicted that Zeldamaster was in the mafia on Night 6. Your leads in general made a lot of sense even when they weren't 100% correct.

Waddle Derp: The Actress. Kept inspecting blues which meant crazy good things for the mafia (especially given my incorrectly implemented crystal ball mechanics). You did a lot of helpful planning for the mafia as well and were a valuable member, though a little inactive in the group PMs during the mid-game.

Doesntpostverymuch: The Miller.While you were ultimately tricked by Zeldamaster, you did coordinate with the other townspeople pretty well and were very active in any case. Hope to see more from you in Mafia in the future!

Sanct: Santa. The MVP of the town team, and definitely the most effective of the blues ability wise, which makes sense since he's the most valuable. Your crystal ball distributions did a huge amount for the town, as did your inspections to a lesser extent. Good job getting in touch with Syndril and forming an important alliance.

Syndrilevosse: The Caroler. You acted as Santa's voice very well and while you used your caroling ability on a mafia member and had the town fooled, it sort of did make sense in context. Killing Yoshi021 with your fake gun from MECHDRAGON also proved unfortunate. Your planning skills for the town later in the game proved invaluable in any case. Good job, you almost won it for your team!

Ness-Wednesday: The Penguin. Never used his ability. Why did you never use your ability? It could have been very valuable to your team. Please make sure to participate in the game fully in the future.

TNTtimelord: Creator of the game and a Townsperson. Effectively rage quitted after having a lynch that was honestly pretty badly thought out made against him. Then again, hindsight is 50/50. You should've tried to defend yourself more, getting angry like that is often seen as a mafia member's act of desperation.

witchking666: The Angel. Died early in the game with no good chance to use his ability, but active enough. Thanks for playing.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Postgame

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:27 pm

I KNEW I WAS THE MILLER

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Doesntpostverymuch wrote:I KNEW I WAS THE MILLER
Could you stop bragging about every tiny bit of luck you had during the game, it's getting really fucking annoying
not to mention we lost because of you

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:32 pm

i'm sorry that i'm stupid. alright?

(in my defence it didn't help that nayna jacob didn't try to defend himself.)
Last edited by underFlo on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Don't be rude with him. It was a tough decision to meet and I can't say for sure if I had dared to vote on ZM. On the other hand, Doesntpost, you should just try to act more calmly overall for the future (and btw you may edit posts in any thread other than game threads :>), and ExKyo, you should really try improving your spelling, else it maybe wouldn't have been said "your evidence is crap" to you.

Night 4 was just simply overslept by everyone, lawl. Also Ness-Wednesday never used his ability as the Penguin ...

What I also should definitely mention is that people should stop giving up on themselves so easily. We had it happen twice that an innocent person did that - you know that you're innocent, so you should keep finding evidence that you are and defend yourself, shouldn't you? Well, in TNT's case it would have probably been me who would have been lynched in his place (since noone dared to have a doubt on the caroler message at that point), but in Ness-Wednesday's case it has been crucial.

Overall, remember everyone that patience makes practice. Even if you're not confident with your first performances at Mafia - keep trying. I did the same.

Btw Pseudo, will you also declare a town MVP?
Last edited by Cedur on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Oh sorry, i played two games in a row, so i got used to it.

I'm not going to be playing any more games until the actual christmas break.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Supershroom wrote:Btw Pseudo, will you also declare a town MVP?
yeah in the player analysis. Probably Sanct or Syndril tentatively.

also calm down Sanct

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:29 pm

Supershroom wrote:and ExKyo, you should really try improving your spelling, else it maybe wouldn't have been said "your evidence is crap" to you.
Just to let you know, i do this via phone as i am not home most of the time anymore.

Please forgive the spelling in advance...

I knew zm wqs mafia and he used that inactive tactic on me so well too. It was over from the start anyways, as i was inactive from life anyways. Still it was good to read.

Zeldamaster, well played, well played

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 pm

yeah.... i moved from my house after the ticking and the 'changes around here'

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:also calm down Sanct
I'm the embodiment of salt.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:45 pm

i still feel used because of zelda.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:47 pm

GOOD GAME GUYS xD

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:GOOD GAME GUYS xD

I love the actress role

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm honestly surprised no one visited me. I'm glad though, because I would've died if that happened.

We all worked together to play Danny and the rest of the blues. I dunno why Mech was so trustworthy, but hey, it worked. Waddle Derp managed to stay alive a lot longer than he should've honestly. I'm surprised he wasn't lynched when Sanct inspected him and he showed up red, but whatever. The Crystal Ball showed Waddle Derp as blue. He then used that to his advantage by claiming Penguin. A mix of Waddle Derp's deception and Ness-Wednesday's bad plays led to Ness-Wednesday, the REAL Penguin, being lynched. We were gonna kill Ness-Wednesday anyways, so getting him lynched saved us the trouble. I mostly laid low throughout the game. I actually wasn't bandwagoning though, and the part about my business nowadays is actually true. Anyways, Night 4 I think it was, we didn't kill. The day prior, we decided who we were killing, but I guess we forgot to send Pseudo the kill PM at night. Oops. It ended up working in our favor however, as I used Jacob's inactivity against him and got him lynched for the win.

Overall, even with the slight confusion of roles and whatnot, this was still a very good game. Pseudo's lack of understanding some of the mechanics was kinda expected honestly. By the looks of it, TNT gave him the game and just kinda told him "host this". In my opinion, if you post a game on the host signups thread, then you need to host it, not somebody else. If you don't have time to host a game, then don't sign up for host.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:05 pm

you sure got me... except i've moved out of town and you can't do anything about it.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Pseudo, something went wrong with the Caroler. At least ONE of the three they sing about HAS to be mafia. It's completely random aside from that.

On top of that the Actress only cardflips the role they copies upon death.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:06 pm

if it was just a cardflip then it would be completely pointless.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:49 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:Pseudo, something went wrong with the Caroler. At least ONE of the three they sing about HAS to be mafia. It's completely random aside from that.

On top of that the Actress only cardflips the role they copies upon death.
The original list had Mech on it. Mech replaced his name with Yoshi021 and sent it to Danny.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Yoshi021 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:00 pm

You can actually see he added my name because when Syndrilevosse said his list:
I would appreciate it if the nurse protected me tonight. I used my ability on Night 1 on a trustworthy person, and they came up "TNTtimelord, Supershroom, and Yoshi21".
He said my name as Yoshi21 instead of Yoshi021

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:07 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
Yeah, Syndril's actual caroler message was Anti-Person, Supershroom, and Mechdragon. Mechdragon just lied about the contents.

Also, I addressed my misunderstanding of the Actress' behavior in the End of Day 4 phase change on page 13. I didn't mean to misrepresent or misuse the role, but it was too late to change it at that point.

Return to “Mafia”