Asking for existing graphics in the graphics forum.

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Asking for existing graphics in the graphics forum.

Postby Witchking666 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 pm

I noticed how multiple users make a thread, sometimes with no more then a few sentences, asking if a graphic exists or where to find it. Now, this isn't necessarily bad at all because if you can't find the graphic you are looking for, it can get pretty frustrating. I get people want to ask these questions (even though the answer is usually the community graphics pack anyway) however, these threads don't contribute anything to the graphics forum. And wasn't that the exact reason the requests forum got archived (which was useful btw). Also, besides the fact they don't contribute to the forum, I personally think they would fit better in Help & Support anyway.

But the thing that annoys me most of all is that these questions could aswell be easily answered in a single topic other then making these threads spawn like maggots. It could work like the level music suggestion thread. In which one member posts the question and another replies only to be followed by the next. This thread could then be stickied so people would make use of it easier ( just like I asked Squishy Rex to sticky the Tileset Compiler Seperator so people wouldn't post threads with mere recolors of vanilla graphics that much anymore). So what do you think?.

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Asking for existing graphics in the graphics forum.

Postby Tango » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:49 pm

I agree. There should be a thread for asking, but I think it would fit more in Graphics than in Help & Support.

Existing graphics requests mixed together with topics with actual graphics is a bit annoying.

Circle Guy
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Circle Guy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Tango wrote:I agree. There should be a thread for asking, but I think it would fit more in Graphics than in Help & Support.

Existing graphics requests mixed together with topics with actual graphics is a bit annoying.
i made one but joey told me we might have one in the future so nobody make one

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 am

Ah. Ok. Its fine then.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”