The Restoration (little update!! New check-points and more!!!)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
joelcanciones
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: The Restoration (little update!! New check-points and more!!!)

Postby joelcanciones » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 am

Hi: Can anyone tell me please what to do exactly to get the ecret exit in the level called "Blue's Thing" i this episode? Thaks for your help in advance.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 am

There's none. It's mistakenly marked red on the world map, there are no other paths.

Check for secret exits in the editor, only ask after a thorough research.

joelcanciones
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby joelcanciones » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 am
There's none. It's mistakenly marked red on the world map, there are no other paths.

Check for secret exits in the editor, only ask after a thorough research.
Thanks for your answer. I've never done anything in SMBX, so please, could you tell me how to check in the editor how many exits doeas a level have? Thanks in advance for your help.

Added in 59 minutes 6 seconds:

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Can someone help me please? Every time the SMB 2 sparkling enemies (I dont remember the name) appear th game starts malfuntioning and I die. What can I do to prevent that from happening? The error starts happening at 2:05 in this video:

https://youtu.be/VzvNGBDuxN8

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm

You should really switch to SMBX2 for this episode. I think I remember this exact same thing happened to me too on 1.3.0.1. It's just lag caused from the sparkies.

Also learn you way around in the PGE editor; I search for a missing secret exit by first searching for a keyhole, if that fails I look for layers and events, and if I'm still confused (like it happened here) I look at the world map to find out what kind of exit it is, and here I found that there is none.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm
You should really switch to SMBX2 for this episode. I think I remember this exact same thing happened to me too on 1.3.0.1. It's just lag caused from the sparkies.

Also learn you way around in the PGE editor; I search for a missing secret exit by first searching for a keyhole, if that fails I look for layers and events, and if I'm still confused (like it happened here) I look at the world map to find out what kind of exit it is, and here I found that there is none.
Wouldn't it be more convenient to do your last step first?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:38 pm

No imo because in 99% of all cases it's a keyhole.

joelcanciones
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby joelcanciones » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Thanks for your answer. Sorry to buther you again but, could you help me with this problem I have please? I downloaded SMBX2 but when I click on the "Play Episode" button tocontinue from where I ws in the previous version nothing happens (SMBX won't launch). Thnks in advance for your help.

joelcanciones
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby joelcanciones » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Why is it that the checkpint in world 9-1 doesnt work? Does it has something to do with the vrsion I'm uing of SMBX or is it the episode that has that error?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:54 am

I've experienced bugged checkpoints before, they're just in a somehow glitchy position. that one mansion level in Mix World 2 ...

Maybe the ledge below the checkpoint is too narrow? Move it a bit to the right and it hopefully works?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am

Ok I see now why the checkpoints don't work in ANY of the extra levels. Because upon death one is warped back to the world map and one had to reenter the star hub. So, only solution is to make a custom warp in each level

Gremonow
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: The Restoration

Postby Gremonow » Sat May 11, 2019 10:02 am

zlaker wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:31 am
Shinbison-Kof wrote: Each one has one opinion, unfortunately I can't please everyone. In the episode aren't all level that have fog. Maybe in the next time, I can fix it.
Except what I said wasn't an opinion. Placing fogs don't give levels "a dark atmosphere". By that logic
this would have a dark atmosphere.
Maaan what the fuck? I'm a bit late but what is this? The fog is damn cool okay?? With a junk level like that one in your "example"... Of course it will not have any dark atmosphere! Look at your example and look at Shinbison's level. So yeah this one time I step next to PixelPest. And yes you wrote this 3 years ago but I hope you see this! Make better episode if you don't like The Restoration. Good work Shinbison.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 11, 2019 10:40 am

Gremonow wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:02 am
The fog is damn cool okay??
A fair opinion, though please keep in mind that for everyone that shares that opinion, there is someone who believes that the fog in this episode regularly contributes to visual clutter. It's pointless to get riled up over this and pit opinion against opinion, and arguments settling on the usefulness of having fog in the majority of levels to contribute to an atmosphere have been settled 3 years ago (can be effective in moderation, but can get samey and seem ironic if overused).
Gremonow wrote:
Make better episode if you don't like The Restoration
Shinbison has been taking feedback he's received on his episode very well, and I can only speak for myself here, but I like his more recent stuff much more (It has great gameplay theming and low visual clutter)! I think discouraging people from pointing out design decisions they disagree with on the basis of "those people should be playing different episodes" is fairly unproductive, especially since you don't know if you'll like something when starting to play it. While zlaker's comments were fairly cynical in nature, digging them up isn't really helping anyone, especially since you say you side with Pixelpest, yet Pixelpest said 2 posts later in the old argument that he was just emphasizing zlaker's point of how the fog looks ridiculous.

Gremonow
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Gremonow » Sun May 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:40 am
Gremonow wrote:
The fog is damn cool okay??
A fair opinion, though please keep in mind that for everyone that shares that opinion, there is someone who believes that the fog in this episode regularly contributes to visual clutter. It's pointless to get riled up over this and pit opinion against opinion, and arguments settling on the usefulness of having fog in the majority of levels to contribute to an atmosphere have been settled 3 years ago (can be effective in moderation, but can get samey and seem ironic if overused).
Gremonow wrote:
Make better episode if you don't like The Restoration
Shinbison has been taking feedback he's received on his episode very well, and I can only speak for myself here, but I like his more recent stuff much more (It has great gameplay theming and low visual clutter)! I think discouraging people from pointing out design decisions they disagree with on the basis of "those people should be playing different episodes" is fairly unproductive, especially since you don't know if you'll like something when starting to play it. While zlaker's comments were fairly cynical in nature, digging them up isn't really helping anyone, especially since you say you side with Pixelpest, yet Pixelpest said 2 posts later in the old argument that he was just emphasizing zlaker's point of how the fog looks ridiculous.
You are right in one point, and I know this was made 3 years ago, but that zlaker guy JUST criticized this episode. I guess he didn't play with it as well and he couldn't know that is he likes it or not. So? It's almost the same isn't it? Anyway, I just wanted to be fair cos that guy's comments were only jappings. I'm leaving this thread right now. Shinbison, if you read this, awesome episode man, keep it up.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm

So, being fair as Immediately jumping to the f Train huh?

People have different opinions and that's how life works. I for myself, was never a big Fan of this Episode due the overuse of the fog for one.

Digging up old stuff, and acting like that Kind of reminds me how storms are made on YouTube.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Cool this is still being worked on. Good luck with it.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat May 18, 2019 12:28 pm

MegaDood wrote:Cool this is still being worked on

where does it say it is (are you sure you posted in the right thread)

KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

Postby KateBulka » Sat May 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Idunn wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm
So, being fair as Immediately jumping to the f Train huh?

People have different opinions and that's how life works. I for myself, was never a big Fan of this Episode due the overuse of the fog for one.

Digging up old stuff, and acting like that Kind of reminds me how storms are made on YouTube.
I don't really like this episode because of pretty boring level design most of times. Overused fogs seems to be a pretty weird reason imo.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Mon May 20, 2019 4:04 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:28 pm

By the change in title being "little update!! New check-points and more!!!" I can only assume that it is still being worked on. Why else would the creator of an episode deliberately change the title if it wasn't being worked on? However, if this title change is old, and I simply haven't noticed this, I do apologise.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 am

MegaDood wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:04 am
Cedur wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:28 pm

By the change in title being "little update!! New check-points and more!!!" I can only assume that it is still being worked on. Why else would the creator of an episode deliberately change the title if it wasn't being worked on? However, if this title change is old, and I simply haven't noticed this, I do apologise.

it's actually old, and it also indicates that there was a new patch already released. (no need to "apologise" lol)

dericobanjo
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Try out Super Sackboy 64 in LBP3!

Postby dericobanjo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:25 pm

OMG, Im at 90% of the game with all 22 stars, I did all level and all secret and saw the credit screen but why the game only show 90%?? Did I missed something? Because the only red dot level that I have 1 exit only found is the `Blue thing` level and someone said is it misplaced red and there no secret exit and how long it take you to make all this episode??? Just 1 level look like it would took forever to make!!!

Return to “Episodes”