Lowser's Conquest (relowserd!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Lowser's Conquest (Get the beta now!)

Postby as303298 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 pm

New Episodes of Lowser's Conquest
Part 5:
Spoiler: show
Part 6:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 pm

as303298 wrote:New Episodes of Lowser's Conquest
Part 5:
Part 6:
You said in one of those that you already had a guide. Where you talking about me? If so, I can make a Google Doc of all the secrets you miss.

In episode 5, Wraith meantioned a Lua code to keep track of the Sonic rings. I have an idea. How about a Lua code to track Bishoujo Pics? Using Lua, make there collection permanent. Getting all five would still unlock the door, and the star as well as the Pics would be trackable on the world map. It would make it a lot easier to keep track of everything instead of having to enter each level one by one to locate that one star you missed. I somehow missed seven stars, I am pretty sure I got every Bishoujo Pic in the game. I have no way to check this though.

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Part 8:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am

There is claims to be 120 stars in the episode, but if that is true, then can someone explain how I have 100% without all 120?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:20 am

maybe because of rounding effects? The progress meter also goes up a bit if you complete levels without the stars.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am

Cedur wrote:maybe because of rounding effects? The progress meter also goes up a bit if you complete levels without the stars.
I mean, that means I have to search every level, all 103 just to find the last four stars... I did notice at 113 stars, I had 98% and unlocking four paths, and getting three stars, it brought the total up to 100%, even though Sednaiur claims there are 120 stars. Can not start on my 100% guide til I find them.

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:22 pm

New Episodes of Lowser's Conquest:

Part 7:
Part 8:
Part 9:
Part 10:

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Bah, double posting!!!!
NBah, but I made this because people keep asking me how to download Lowser's Conquest.
How to Download Lowser's Conquest
I recommend just putting this in your topic Sednauir, some people just dont [quite] get it...

AToMIC
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: I'm here
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AToMIC » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Welp, I'm pretty sure I've played this whole beta, and pretty much found everything I could, although I am probably missing a few secrets. Where do I start?

This episode is a masterpiece, visually, and design wise. It probably comes to little or no surprise when I say that, as I'm sure a great GREAT majority of you guys share the same opinion. Just by seeing the custom title screen alone you can tell Sednaiur put blood, sweat, tears, and a huge amount of effort into this episode. I mean, I'm 99% sure there isn't a single vanilla graphic present in this game (with the exception of one world which has more of a classic SMBx graphical feel). Sednaiur made this project stick out much more than the other episodes (NO OFFENSE TO THESE EPISODES) by sticking with a completely unique graphic set that he produced himself. That alone is effort and if it isn't I have no fucking clue what effort is then. Just let me be clear on one thing, an episode can still be as good as this even without a 100% graphical overhaul, I don't want to throw the rest of the projects and episodes on these forums under the bus.

I haven't even gotten into level design yet. EVERY SINGLE LEVEL IN THIS EPISODE (well, beta) IS UNIQUE IN AT LEAST SEVERAL WAYS. Not once did I play a level and say to myself "Man this is just like that one level from earlier". The only way levels had something in common is if they were the same theme because of what world they are in. The levels along with being unique are built with care and skill. If Sednaiur came out and confirmed he worked at Nintendo, I would honestly believe him. at this point (although I doubt he does work at Nintendo.) Levels are balanced, and the difficulty ladder is perfect. Some levels may be shorter than others, and some may be longer, but they just work. It just works!

The structure is also outstanding. I don't like episodes that are just "Point to Point to Point". I like episodes that are FLOODED with things like secret exits, alternative paths, side quests (In this episode's case, the portraits you collect in levels to reveal a secret star), and all that. Lowser's Conquest is FULL OF THESE. There are plenty of levels that hide secret alternative exits and other things similar that have you coming back to a level on multiple occasions.

The story and characters in this game is very creative. Anyone can make an episode and say "Oh this isn't Bowser, it's Krozer, Bowser's twin brother", and then not even change ONE thing about Bowser's appeal. Sednaiur didn't do that. Sure he made a completely unique main antagonist who's name resembles Bowser and anybody with a brain can see that this character (Lowser) is based off Bowser, But if have seen Lowser, he is unique and different enough to be his own unique character without just being a "Bowser with a new name". The point I am trying to make here is, if Sednaiur created characters of his own, they were completely unique.

Now this next opinion may upset or not agree with other people, but I am going to say, but say it respectfully. The anime theme and characters in this game in MY OPINION do not fit real well for a Mario game. Sednaiur has been given shit for this before, whether it's the Bishoujo characters themselves or the "paintings" that replace Dragon Coins. Now I just said Sednaiur has been given shit for things like these. I however, am not giving him shit. This goes back to the project being unique and effort. A project with anime elements is not common at all. I am not saying this project is bad because of the mentioned features, they just aren't my cup of tea if you get what I'm trying to say. In the end, I still played this beta, and I still enjoyed the absolute hell out of it! I am not taking off points for the anime features because those don't flaw the game at all in any way. It's just Mario and anime don't fit together in my head... MY HEAD. In no way am I saying everyone else should feel the same! I'm also not hating on anime or those who enjoy it. Attack on Titan is in the Top 10 for TV series in my book.

Yes, the word 'unique' was used rather often in this review, but that's because that's what this project is, UNIQUE and in many ways. I cannot wait for the full finished game! My final review for this beta is a 5-Star 10/10! The effort Sednaiur put into every aspect of this game deserve an absolute ship load of praise. There are countless Episodes and Projects on this website, and a good amount of them are amazingly good, but Sednaiur's Lowser's Conquest in my opinion, will be the pinnacle for quite a while. If I were him, I would be very proud of my work.

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:05 am

BTW, I know I haven't been posting videos regarding this episode in a while, but don't worry, I haven't stopped the LP series, I just have so many things on backup and a bunch of other stuff. I already recorded a bunch of episodes already, so you can look forward to that. I kinda want to get what's left of chaos edition out of the way for now since I'm changing computers pretty soon. Hopefully this laptop won't die on me before I upload everything else.

EDIT: New Parts!

Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:43 am

Okay, so I'm loving every little bit of this Beta so far, however, there is one thing I just can't figure out at the moment. Not sure if it has not been completed yet or not, but what it the go with "Mysterious Pipe". I've looked everywhere in that level to open the metal door that barricades the giant pipe and I can't for the life of me figure our what I'm supposed to do to get it to open. Does anyone know how to open it?

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:20 am

More Parts(Update: parts 18 and 19):

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:Okay, so I'm loving every little bit of this Beta so far, however, there is one thing I just can't figure out at the moment. Not sure if it has not been completed yet or not, but what it the go with "Mysterious Pipe". I've looked everywhere in that level to open the metal door that barricades the giant pipe and I can't for the life of me figure our what I'm supposed to do to get it to open. Does anyone know how to open it?
You open that from world 5. You need to play the level through the world one entrance, and the world five intrance gives the second star. It is supposed to be a warp between worlds 1 and 2, but Sednaiur forgot to make the warps work like that. The same thing can be said about the shrine of world 6 and world 1's link.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Part 1: show
Part 2: show
Part 4: show
Part 5: show
Part 6: show
Part 7: show
Part 8: show
Part 9: show
Part 10: show
Part 11: show
Part 12: show
Part 13: show
Part 14: show
Part 15: show
Part 16: show
Part 17: show
Part 18: show
Part 19: show
Part 20: show
Part 21: show
Part 22: show
Part 23: show
Part 24: show
Part 25: show
Part 26: show
Part 27: show
Part 28: show
Part 29: show
Part 30: show
Part 31: show
Part 32: show
Part 33: show
Part 34: show
Part 35: show
Part 36: show
Part 37: show
Part 38: show
Part 39: show
Part 40: show
Part 41: show
Part 42: show
Part 43: show
Part 44: show
Part 45: show
Part 46: show
Part 47: show
Part 48: show
Part 49: show
Part 50: show
Part 51: show
Part 52: show
Part 53: show
Part 54: show
Part 55: show
If anyone knows what levels I am missing are, and which four stars I am missing let me know. I am responsible for the 100% walkthrough for this and the testing.

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 am

Mech, put all that in a spoiler please.

New Parts:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 am

PROX wrote:Mech, put all that in a spoiler please.

New Parts:
I did put all 55 parts into a spoiler.

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

New Parts:
I mean, put all those spoilers in another spoiler, so the post isn't so huge

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 pm

PROX wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

New Parts:
I do not think you can put spoilers in spoilers. here is what happens.
Test.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
PROX wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: I did put all 55 parts into a spoiler.
I do not think you can put spoilers in spoilers. here is what happens.
Test.
maybe placing all vids in the same spoiler

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 pm

or just give us a link to the playlist?

Part 24:

Return to “Projects”