Ness's Level Railway [MFGG#1 Entry]

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.

Should I archive my 2015-2018 levels onto a drive?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:20 pm

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Prince Nessy's Level Market

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:46 pm

A new level has been released. Also, expect there to be a new level in the next 1-2 weeks from now. The next level will be one of the two remake levels I have planned.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:49 am

Have you made any changes to Plume Bed compared to the Mosaic Contest 3 submission?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:49 am
Have you made any changes to Plume Bed compared to the Mosaic Contest 3 submission?
The following changes are:
-The fog in the level has been replaced with lava particles.
-Enemy placement has been slightly tweaked in the level.
-The vine in section 1 now gives the player space to jump and grab without getting hurt.
-The boss has been changed to mix-up with the level's theme.
-A new bonus section is available.
-Some graphical changes.
-Removed pnpc, and fixed a sfx mistype.
-Spike API by AndrewPixel has been updated.
-Skidding sound effect has been reduced to match with the one from Industrial Consumption.

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Archived
Last edited by Archived on Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:41 pm

New level out! Toadette's Christmas assemblage is now available during this Christmas in July weekend. Stay safe out there.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 pm

After over a year of this thread being inactive, I have added my Vanilla Contest 2021 and Choccycon 2021 entries. In addition, all of the descriptions have been shortened to be less wordy. Expect some new standalone levels soon.
Last edited by Ness-Wednesday on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FirestarPlays
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Nessy's Level Railway (VC'21 & CCX2 levels out)

Postby FirestarPlays » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:24 am

Hey Ness-Wednesday. I found a bug in Cavern Dive. I can't seem to complete the level because an npc 465 on the vine just after the first checkpoint wont trigger. Don't know why that's the only one that doesn't work either...

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway (VC'21 & CCX2 levels out)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:36 pm

FirestarPlays wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:24 am
Hey Ness-Wednesday. I found a bug in Cavern Dive. I can't seem to complete the level because an npc 465 on the vine just after the first checkpoint wont trigger. Don't know why that's the only one that doesn't work either...
Thanks for notifying me about the bug. Sorry, that I'm replying months later. I usually am not as active around the first and last few months of the year. I tried replicating the bug, but it seems like the level works fine. The trigger is on the default layer, so it can't be any layer shenanigans either... Do you remember the steps you took that caused the NPC-465 to not activate?
Last edited by Ness-Wednesday on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway (New level out!)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:04 pm

For the first time in nearly two years, a new (non-contest) level is out! This is a level that I held off twice for creative reasons. But after replaying it, I decided to give the level another chance. Furthermore, there will be a few other levels that I've been making that got delayed due to personal issues. Expect the next level to be released in a week or two. I'm incredibly excited to showcase more! Lastly, future levels from here on out will come with a credit.txt file. Enjoy! :3

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:12 am

Updated Rotten Candy Forest. The player-controlled vine in the first section has been replaced with a regular vine

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 pm

I lied, the level has been updated to make the final setup of the level less-rng dependent

Edit: Oops, one last update has been made to fix a layer attachment I forgot to set while editing the level.

LooKiCH
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby LooKiCH » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:24 am

you don’t have a blue font stroke everywhere, this is easily solved by dropping the textplus/font folder with the 1.ini and 1.png files to yourself, changing the image

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway (My CCX3 Level "Arnsono" has arrived!)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:39 am

My CCX3 level is now available in this thread. I hope you enjoy it! I had a ton of fun making this level. This was the level I originally wanted to release a little after Rotten Candy Forest, but let's say... there are other plans for that level.

Furthermore, there are two levels that I'm currently working on. One of them could be released soon, and another is pending fixes. The releases for both of the levels may vary based on when patch 5 releases. We'll see what happens in the future.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway (My CCX3 Level "Arnsono" has arrived!)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:23 am

New level out! Happy Holidays!
This is the last level I'll post here in 2022. I'm excited to share what I have in store for 2023. And once again, happy holidays, and have a blessed new year.

SuperAlex
Snifit
Snifit

Re: Ness's Level Railway (Happy holidays, see you in 2023!)

Postby SuperAlex » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:03 pm

Temperate Unearthly Biome

Actually, I liked the aesthetics of this year, dealing with a house because it looks haunted. First, the design using Vanilla graphics is too fancy to see, Second, at the beginning when putting the enemies using layers it seemed to me that I saw a challenging half as sure, the star coins are challenging to get them and until the last one was to think first and act.
In other words, a good level to end the year, I hope to see at least future levels according to their design similar to that.
10/10

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway (Vanillacon 2022 level)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:39 pm

^ Hey, this is a late response but thanks for the review! I'm glad you liked the level!

With that said, all of my 2022 levels are now available:
After some consideration, I decided to upload my VC'22 level here. I originally was going to leave it in the level pack, but after reading the reviews and replaying the level, I changed my mind. This level took a lot of effort and uses some fancy tech I found while toying with blocks. I recommend giving the Vanillacon 2022 pack a try too, especially the top 20. The 2022 Vanillacon pack is loaded with quality stuff.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway [Sciencecon + Important Announcement]

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:17 pm

Big news!

Several updates to my level thread have been made! Firstly, my Sciencecon entries are now available for independent play. I'm really happy with the outcome, and I recommend everyone to check them out. Don't be afraid to check out the other sciencecon entries too! There are a lot of cool experiments in Ed Laborate.

Next, I updated the two previews that didn't showcase the final release of "Industrial Consumption," and "Rotten Candy Forest." A niche change, but one that I felt made the thread more professional. No more "Screenshots may not show final file" text, yay!

Finally, let's talk about a not-so-easy decision I made regarding the 2015-2017 levels. I'm considering moving them to a drive for archival purposes. Seeing my new levels, which have gradually increased in quality over the years, while my old ones stick out with a foul stench has slowly built personal discomfort. However, deleting a part of history isn't ideal. That's where the drive comes along: The 2015-2017 levels on this thread will be moved to the drive, and include a short text file with the development cycle and descriptions. Unfortunately, I can't promise credits due to two reasons: I may have forgotten the origins of some graphics, or they were made by now-banned users. A couple of unreleased levels will be uploaded there, too! Fair warning that not every unreleased level will be added onto the drive. There are two that I will not name for both accessibility and personal-related reasons. I was originally going to go with this decision right away, but I decided to open a poll and see what everyone's thoughts are. This is a pretty sudden change that I didn't want to proceed with no notice. Like always, feedback is appreciated! ^w^

The poll closes March 1st, 2023 @7:20 pm EST.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway [Sorcha’s Retropolitical Duo]

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:35 pm

Hey! It's been a hot minute, hasn't it? Pardon the near-year-long drought of no updates. The rest of the year was honestly pretty rough and I'm currently busy with higher priorities. I'll still try to get the old-level archive done, but it will be a bit before that happens. Anyahoo, both of my entries from the Retro Boss Contest and CCX4 are here. I can't get a good image or GIF for either at the moment, so I have videos substituting them.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Ness's Level Railway [MFGG#1 Entry]

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:15 am

I added Saltlord and I's MFGG entry now that my SMBX hands are free from Vanillacon. We are proud of how our first collaboration turned out. Also, I edited the previews for Scott Out of Hell and Retropolitical Establishment Tributing Rushegi Otymaimo to use gifs instead of videos. If there is enough interest in switching the previews to videos, I am open to revert them. I don't have much else to say except... Enjoy the challenge!

halibabica
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: o.o
Pronouns: I'm a dude

Premier: Temperate Unearthly Biome

Postby halibabica » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm

Return to “Levels”