2k16 Hypnosis Redo Version 2 (b4 compatible)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: 2k16 Hypnosis Redo - August Update (TRAILER)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:36 pm

No matter what, I'm able to wait for what's coming.
Yeah, looking forward to the release of this!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:25 am

I'm rather surprised but the difficulty curve in this game is... pretty consistent and not at all all over the place! I'm still working on balancing and making the fun levels go have a nice dinner, but for now please enjoy this screenshot of a sewer level!

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!

Postby Waddle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:45 am

B-but Enjl
You already showed the sewer level!!!!!!???

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:15 am

Waddle Derp wrote:B-but Enjl
You already showed the sewer level!!!!!!???
I also already showed all the other levels.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Waddle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 am

sssh

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Re: 2k16 Hypnosis Redo Version 1.0

Postby Emral » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Download Version 1.0

YOU WILL NEED EITHER
the SMBX 2.0 beta from a week or so ago which was taken down a few hours later
OR
the latest nightly build in order to play this episode.

WHEN REPORTING BUGS
please provide as much information as possible and send them to me in PM. It helps me organise what I've taken care of and what's left to do. If anything major pops up, I'll make sure to announce it in the topic and fix it ASAP.

There WILL be a patch later on which adds the postgame, so don't be sad when a cutoff or slight unbalance isn't immediately taken care of.

If you have 2.0, this game's launcher will inform you when I update the game.

HAVE FUN

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah

Postby Waddle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Did you include all of the APIs I was missing? Those might still be an issue otherwise.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes, I made sure of that!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:56 pm

I am curious of what site you upload your .Json file to. Can not wait. Two new games in One day.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:46 pm

TEASER FOR THE PATCH 1.NYA
Spoiler: show
The changelog is pretty massive considering the lack of game-breaking glitches.

1.nya hits on Sunday, September 11th.

Here's some of the fixes, just so you won't have to worry about reporting them (but still should avoid hunting them):
-Water Pulse doesn't kill you across levels anymore
-Buying the last expander no longer errors
-Buying limited items no longer causes the other shop to crash.
-Valtteri Cutscene can't kill you anymore
-Ominous music now stops playing on death in the intro level
-Gravity now returns to normal after Michel dies
-Michel's laser and snivypod no longer magically disappear on 2nd loop
-Fixed midpoint preview bug in Darkmatter fleet
-Blocks now always move a reliable distance in Digital Showdown
-Fixed the Electric Platforms in the sewers
-Fixed the Special Attack during the sewers boss
-waddle derp can no longer kill you after you defeat him

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 pm

1.nya unfortunately does NOT hit September 11th. We're doing our best to get it ready and are really close, so please be patient. Sorry, all!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

2k16 Hypnosis Redo Version 1.nya (Postgame)

Postby Emral » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:11 pm

1.nYA!!!!!

Changelog:
General:
-Added two postgame levels
-Water Pulse doesn't kill you across levels anymore
-Reworked Inventory to use better code
-Episode completion stars are now stardust
-Inventory description text no longer hides behind the drop-down.
-Minor graphical fixes and adjustments
-Added midpoint doors
-Improved boss hit detection
-Coins now stack to 9999

Hub:
-Buying the last expander no longer errors
-Buying limited items no longer causes the other shop to crash.
-Rebalanced Inventory Expander from 75 + 75 * i to 85 + 65 * i where i goes from 1 to 8
-NEW ITEMS
--Heartbeat (200$) (Lost and Found exclusive) - Heals 2 hp over 30 seconds. Repeated use refreshes the effect.
--Surge Soup (400$) - Grants immunity for 5 seconds. Repeated use refreshes the effect.
--Mysterious Key (999$) (Spin Cafe exclusive) - Opens a door somewhere?

A Regular Vacation:
-Valtteri Cutscene can't kill you anymore
-Ominous music now stops playing on death

Catharsis:
-Gravity now returns to normal after Michel dies
-Tweaked dialogue at the looping area
-Michel's lower body makes a metallic sound when hit, showing its invulnerability
-fixed music
-Michel's laser and snivypod no longer magically disappear on 2nd loop

Darkmatter Fleet:
-Fixed midpoint preview bug

Digital Showdown:
-Blocks now always move a reliable distance
-Gordos are no longer turning into koopas
-Fixed lunalua crashes upon dying
-Distortion dialogue is now skipped after seeing it once (resets when encountering the boss)

Emral City Sewers:
-Improved music loop
-Fixed the Electric Platforms
-Fixed the Special Attack
-Three of the boss's attacks can now be countered
-Poison attack rng is now indicated
-Tweaked fire attack
-Bosses can't kill you after their death anymore
-Attacks can no longer be chosen twice in a row
-Rebalanced Mudkip's attacks to be more risk-vs-reward-based and less rng-based

Forgotten Mansion:
-Improved music loop
-Paradrybones are less likely to fall through the floor

Liquid Peak:
-Added dialogue for Marina if you don't collect her at the start of the level
Download:
it's the same link lol

If you already had the game it will prompt you on the launcher screen but since you're reading this I shouldn't need to tell you.

The zip includes a folder of a different name than your current hypnosis folder. You can copy your saves over into the new folder and get rid of the old one and it SHOULD work. No promises.

bossedit8
Banned

Re: 2k16 Hypnosis Redo Version 1.nya (Postgame)

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Let's gooooo!

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bFuKrZgiJ0

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:19 am

I'll probably do an LP of this as well.

EDIT: Part 1 here:

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Some more video parts!!

WinterFerret331
Goomba
Goomba

Postby WinterFerret331 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Im just wondering, how did you do the fight against Emeral 2.0?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:50 pm

WinterFerret331 wrote:Im just wondering, how did you do the fight against Emeral 2.0?
I made some graphics and wrote some code? Idk what part exactly you're referring to, but that description pretty much covers everything in the broadest spectrum.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Hey, guys! You know that review of 2k16 Hypnosis Redo I've been talking about for a while? Well, here it is!

10/10, it's the best, go play it! Every second is sheer bliss!

Just joking. No, uh, it's not quite the perfect episode I'm making it out to be, but it's still REALLY good! The episode is short and sweet. It makes impressive use of LunaLua, but there are times where you'll become enraged at the frustration from dying over and over and over. So what exactly does this episode have to offer? (Spoilers ahead, but they're really minor. Also, it's been a while since I've played this, so some stuff may be off.) :
The use of Link's character abilities are a nice change from the standard Mario moveset. And with the way the levels and currency are set up, this episode has a really good power-up economy. Although I do have to say, some of the items at the shop I never bought and used just simply because if you ever used them, and then died, it was just a waste of money (although that could've just been me). In fact, I never really used the shop for much of anything except lives.
The split-path choice at the beginning was quite the interesting addition to the episode, and one I was geniunely not expecting. It created a very cool dynamic I've not seen from any other episode before. In fact, this episode really distinguished itself from most other episodes (In a good way!), and just slammed the player with cool, quirky additions. Doing this episode in a Megaman/Shovel Knight style of level layout (a few long levels, all ending in a boss fight) instead of the worlds layout (long string of levels followed by a boss level in a repeating pattern) really serviced this episode well.
The enemy layout was good as well, and there were few times I felt ticked off by it. It was fair for the most part. The only real levels I just raged at specific enemies and kept dying over and over again because of a cheesy set-up to were the Forgotten Mansion and the final level of the evil path. In Forgotten Mansion it was the cement boos, and in the other level it was the spiky enemies and moving blocks, which just felt slippery at times... for some reason.
The atmosphere was absolutely on-point. The music was great, and never felt out of place, nor did it suffer from 'generic level/boss theme'-itis. Every track either got you pumped and ready to go, or just played subtly in the background and gave a feeling of mystery to the level. And the visuals were, oh, EASILY one of the best parts of the episode. This episode did some whacky stuff to the graphics, thanks to LunaLua, that just seemed to make the levels pop out.
And tying with the visuals for, possibly, the best part of this episode, are the bosses. Oh....my....god. This episode just goes all in on the bossfights. Some were intense, some humourous, and some actually kind of soothing in a way. With LunaLua, the amount of stuff this episode does is just... it's absolutely out of the ball-park of all that was able to have been done previously in the boss-fight department. Every single boss's attacks felt fair, and, though I died VERY many times to some bosses, whenever I died, I geniunely felt like it was my fault, and not because of some cheap attack. I do have to say, though, the good path's final boss is irritating to fight against repeatedly due to the fact that you can easily get stuck in a loop where you die, lose all your money, and are unable to buy health from the vending machine.
And the final thing to talk about is the post-game. All of the secrets were hidden well, but in a way that rewarded the player for finding them. The absolute final level was just so bizarre, and what happened was just so completely unexpected, and completely betrayed my expectations, but, strangely enough, I didn't have a strong feeling of disappointment. The post-game could have been longer but I feel like the short length was an actual service to the episode. The changes to Grand Chemo were nice, but I feel like I actually preferred the original in all of the ways except for the boss. The freezing section was okay up until the doughnut blocks, and then it felt unfair. What is the player supposed to do? It just didn't feel like the player was given enough information about what to do in that scenario. And then the saw-blade star. How is the player supposed to get the star? The skull platform doesn't reverse direction. I had to cheat to obtain it. But the rest of the level was great for the most part.
So, we've come to the end of the review, and now it's time to give the episode a score. But I've decided that, for my episode reviews, I'm not going to give the standard "X/10" score. Rather, for most, if not all, of my episode reviews, I will assign a "Should you play it?" rating! There will be five potential ratings: Avoid at all costs!, Only if you're desperate, Personal Preference, Strong Recommendation, and A Must Play. There's only one rating I can give this episode:

Hope you guys enjoyed my review. Expect my review of Super Mario Enigmatic soon (and by soon I mean "maybe kinda possibly sometime in the future".

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:20 am

Thanks for the review! Glad you liked it.
As for grand chemo's sawblade star: there is an item at the shop that gives you brief invulnerability. You can use this to get across the lava a 2nd time.

Return to “Episodes”