Super Mario: The Wicked Toad [Need Help and Feedback!]

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.

What should World 2 be?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Ice
No votes
SMW
No votes
Mountains
No votes
Piranha Plants
100%
SMB2
No votes
SMB1
No votes

Total votes: 2
EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Super Mario: The Wicked Toad [Need Help and Feedback!]

Postby EnderTnt » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:24 pm

This is my first project, it's been under many different phases for years. I need help as I'm good at level making, but some themes just bore me too much to make them. Caves are the bane of my existence; thus I need people who beg to differ and can contribute those levels!

Story
Spoiler: show
Mario was happy, no Bowser plot, no evil frog or anything like that. He decided to pay a visit to one of the local Toad towns. When he got there, he was met with cries of help... someone had destroyed the village! Mario noticed a Toad-shaped figure run off into the distance. He assumed they were the evil-doers, and got confirmation from a victim. He decided to set off to catch this Toad before they do anymore harm... yet it seems like they're not just your everyday Toad terrorist... he might just be a major icon in a distant land...
Objective
Mario must chase the Toad down, through the Toad County, defeating enemies along the way. The story will be dynamic, to get a different ending, take another path. There will be three main paths; the straight forward SMB path, the artifact path; where Mario must restore the misplace artifacts, and the Bowser path, where Bowser is being his stupid self again.
Screenshots
Oceanic Isle
Dusty Dunes
Helpers:
Level Designers (link or img of work):
Me
-
-
-
CGFX Designers (same as LD):
-
-
-
Beta Testers:
-
-
-
Last edited by EnderTnt on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: Super Mario: The Wicked Toad [Need Help and Feedback!]

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Those screenshots look pretty good. No clash. Keep up the good work.

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:46 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:Those screenshots look pretty good. No clash. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, took me a while to do the third screen's level, but yeah, I literally spent quite a while looking for no clash; I just can't say I've got a level to show with clash.

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:58 am

Like mariogeek said, no clash. The only thing that looks weird to me is this, from the third screen:
Maybe try combining those two sizables? It's not a huge deal though, just a nitpick.
Anyway, I really can't see any other issues. This project looks like it'll be fun to play. Good luck! :)

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Merlin wrote:Like mariogeek said, no clash. The only thing that looks weird to me is this, from the third screen:
Maybe try combining those two sizables? It's not a huge deal though, just a nitpick.
Anyway, I really can't see any other issues. This project looks like it'll be fun to play. Good luck! :)
Yeah, that fustrated me a bit while looking back at it. I'll fix it up.

As a public note: Levels are not going to be long or expansive, this is to make it not so much of a drag to beat 14 worlds... not including the other stories...

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Postby loop » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:10 pm

EnderTnt wrote:
Merlin wrote:Like mariogeek said, no clash. The only thing that looks weird to me is this, from the third screen:
Yeah, that fustrated me a bit while looking back at it. I'll fix it up.

As a public note: Levels are not going to be long or expansive, this is to make it not so much of a drag to beat 14 worlds... not including the other stories...
PGE allows you to resize sizables. I do that sometimes. :idea: Hope the resize function helps you in the future! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Forgot feedback. This project has potential. I can see thousands of people playing this already. I hope it gets finished!

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 am

1-4
Grass Water level

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Put up a poll for the 2nd World theme!
I NEED level designers to get some decent progress in a month or so.
If you are seeing this go places, maybe think about helping or supporting it!
I want YOU to direct the project. Im going to let each world/each unique feature be up to you guys!

Feel free to suggest your ideas for The Wicked Toad!

Return to “Projects”