basic forest level #btb

This is the place to post your own levels.
glitch4
Banned

basic forest level #btb

Postby glitch4 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:49 am

probably the first and only btb level I made.

screenshot
Spoiler: show
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqmkwl98nkare ... l.lvl?dl=1

Yogi_Bear
Bit
Bit

Re: basic forest level #btb

Postby Yogi_Bear » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:07 am

I dont understand this BTB hype. The original editor is very limited, and not using moving platforms/events isnt going back to basics, as even SMB1 had moving platforms and events.
That said, this fits right along a SMB1 7-1 theme, with SMB3 graphics. The only thing I dont get is the cave music. But for what it is, its a nice level.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:27 am

Yogi_Bear wrote:I dont understand this BTB hype. The original editor is very limited, and not using moving platforms/events isnt going back to basics, as even SMB1 had moving platforms and events.
BTB is some kind of movement started by a group of people where they break off from making nonlinear, layer/event heavy levels, and instead go "back to basics" (which is what BTB stands for) as in the classic Mario games. The guys that support the movement and are a part of it are known as "Marioheads" and if you disgraced them you would get called a "faker". I don't really know what exactly it involves, but that's what I know about it.
Yogi_Bear wrote:The only thing I dont get is the cave music. But for what it is, its a nice level.
One of the forest levels in SMB3 world 8 used the cave music. I can guess that this level is based on that one.

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:29 am

Linik wrote:
Yogi_Bear wrote:I dont understand this BTB hype. The original editor is very limited, and not using moving platforms/events isnt going back to basics, as even SMB1 had moving platforms and events.
BTB is some kind of movement started by a group of people where they break off from making nonlinear, layer/event heavy levels, and instead go "back to basics" (which is what BTB stands for) as in the classic Mario games. The guys that support the movement and are a part of it are known as "Marioheads" and if you disgraced them you would get called a "faker". I don't really know what exactly it involves, but that's what I know about it.
And we made an episode! http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... 36&t=16195

Level was fun btw, really reminded me of the glory days. The level design hooked me and kept me wondering what was coming next. Nice work!

Yogi_Bear
Bit
Bit

Postby Yogi_Bear » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:38 am

Linik wrote:BTB is some kind of movement started by a group of people where they break off from making nonlinear, layer/event heavy levels, and instead go "back to basics" (which is what BTB stands for) as in the classic Mario games. The guys that support the movement and are a part of it are known as "Marioheads" and if you disgraced them you would get called a "faker". I don't really know what exactly it involves, but that's what I know about it.
Oh...well it still doesnt make any sense. Classic mario had tons of moving platforms and events. SMB3 1-4 comes to mind immediately, as does 5-5 or something where youre in the clouds and the screen moves around alot and theres moving clouds everywhere.

Also, I forgot entirely about that level in SMB3 using cave music. oh well, the OP level is still not bad for what it is.

Return to “Levels”