M32 - Host Sign-ups (Poll now available)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What game do you want to play for Mafia 32?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:18 pm

From Under the Floorboards - Syndrilevosse
5%
Fourth Great Ninja War - Zeldamaster12
5%
Moral Match - Sanct
50%
Trials And Tribulations - Nien
15%
The Wizard of Darkness - MosaicMario
10%
Spooky Scary Vampires - Spinda
15%

Total votes: 20
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

M32 - Host Sign-ups (Poll now available)

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:43 am

Since everyone's talking about it...

Mafia 32

We're looking for your quality mafia hosting skills and your quality mafia games for our next game!

You've seen Mafia.
You've played Mafia.
Now, it might just be your time to host some Mafia!

Sorry to RezsurXion, but he will not be hosting. :(

How do I apply?
All you need to do is post your game suggestion in this topic!
However, you must have participated in at least one mafia game in order to host a game.

After you have posted, your two Game Masters, Spinda and I (there's FallingSnow too but he doesn't show up that often), will edit your post and respond in green at the bottom if we approve.
If we have comments or changes that we recommend, we will edit in red.
Optional suggestions may be in yellow or orange.

Tips to Remember:
Each user may only submit one game, so choose wisely!
Your game should contain around 13-18 players (a little lower than usual, due to current interest).
Have about 1 mafia member for each 4/5 townies.
Your game doesn't need to be overly complex to be fun and interesting. Sometimes a good combination of roles can produce a better result.
Don't try to go overboard with the custom roles! You don't need to change the entire theme of your game for it to be interesting.

Ready for Mafia?
Think up some ideas!

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: M32 - Host Sign-ups

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 am

I will not be submitting a game, by the way, since Sanct is the rightful host of this match.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:48 am

You forgot to say "32" in the host thingy.
Pseudo-dino wrote:by the way, since Sanct is the rightful host of this match.
What?

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:49 am

^
Thanks, also, I'm only joking but the point is that I want Sanct to win.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:^
Thanks, also, I'm only joking but the point is that I want Sanct to win.
How do you submit Mystery games to these?

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:27 am

From Under the Floorboards
-Cardflip
-Public votes
-Day/Night

In the dark of the night, an evil cult lurks over the town of Stoneriver, and after one too many sacrifice victims being found in the square, the villagers are rallying together to figure out who the members of the cult are. Meanwhile, an unknown threat sneaks through the town...

The Cult:
Cult Leader - Cardflips red upon inspection, but green upon death.
Cultist
Cultist

The Town:
Mayor Cromby - Once throughout the entire game, he can come forth and reveal his role during the night. On the following day phase, all players may lynch for two targets as opposed to one.
Seer - During the night, may inspect a player, revealing their color to the seer.
The Huntsman - During the night, may kill a player. This ability is lost for the next night phase if an innocent is killed.
Father Gregory - During the night, he may protect a player from nightkills, making them immune for the night phase.
Acolyte - Becomes the Seer when the Seer dies.
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Villager
Deranged Villager - Can lynch vote, but their votes don't count. Knows they are the Deranged.

The Corrupted:
The Corruptor - Immune to nightkills. Lynch votes don't count. Once throughout the entire game, during the night, but only after the first night, the Corruptor can target a player, infecting them with the Corruptor's contagion. That player becomes an Infected. If an Infected successfully kills a player, the Corruptor can use its ability again.
Infected - A player affected by the Corruptor's ability becomes an Infected. Each night, the Infected may kill a player. The Infected can not speak during the day, which means in turn that it can't lynch vote.

EXTRA INFO:
-The Cult wins if they have killed all the Corrupted and outnumber the amount of surviving town members.
-The Town wins if they have killed all of the Cult members and have eliminated all of the Corrupted.
-The Corrupted wins if they have killed off the Cult members and have either eliminated the Town or have turned half the surviving members into Infected.
-When the Seer dies, the Acolyte gains the color and ability of the Seer at the moment the Seer dies, and they will also receive a message that the Seer has died and they have become the Seer.
-When a player is turned into an Infected, they lose their previous role and color, and take on the role and color of the Infected. This happens at the moment they are targeted by the ability (during the phase change), and they will receive a message that they have been turned into an Infected, which causes them to be silenced every day phase.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Cult Leader wrote:You are the Cult Leader, the malevolent head honcho of the Cult that is terrorizing the town of Stoneriver. You and your fellow Cultists are ___ and ___, and your collective goal is to rid this town of those that are impure.
Cultist wrote:You are a Cultist, a devoted follower that is part of the Cult that is terrorizing the town of Stoneriver. You and your fellow Cultists are ___ and ___, and your collective goal is to rid this town of those that are impure.
Mayor Cromby wrote:You are Mayor Cromby, the paranoid Mayor that looks over Stoneriver and its people.
Seer wrote:You are the Seer, a protector of the people of Stoneriver. You know almost everyone in this town, however you are extremely skeptical of their followings.
The Huntsman wrote:You are The Huntsman, a burly lumberjack-esque vigilante who has a slight thirst for blood.
Father Gregory wrote:You are Father Gregory, the caring priest of Stoneriver. You can hide someone inside your church for a night, protecting them from anyone that is out for blood.
Acolyte wrote:You are the Acolyte, and you are the budding apprentice of the Seer. If your mentor dies, you will take his lead and become the next Seer.
Villager wrote:You are a Villager, a simple townsperson of Stoneriver. You are part of the majority that seeks out the Cult.
Deranged Villager wrote:You are the Deranged Villager, and as much as you want to believe that you're normal, you know deep down that you aren't.
The Corruptor wrote:You are The Corruptor, a malevolent, zombie-like figure that stalks the streets of Stoneriver, looking to take on victims and overrun the town with swathes of your zombie-like drones.
Pseudo-dino wrote:I've already seen this work pretty well lol
Spinda wrote:Lookin' good

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:17 am

Mafia: Gensokian Mafia

Lore: Everyone in the town has decided it would be a great idea to Cosplay as different Touhou characters, yet when they got the the castle, they were locked in and were given abilities equivalent to the character they chose to Cosplay as.

Mechanics:
  • Mystery.
  • 15 Players.
  • Pseudo-Faction.
  • Karma.
  • Screenshots permitted.
  • Expected to fake your role claim.
  • Newspaper.
  • Night-->Dawn-->Day-->Twilight
Example Role PM:
This is not a role from this game
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:You have decided to cosplay as Flandre Scarlet. You can use your destructive ability to kill one person per night. Watch and do not kill your sister, <player> or you may lose your own head.Your goal is to take out the Shrine Maiden and her Cohearts. Your team mates are <Player>, <Player>, and <Player>.
Not required, but expected:
  • When speaking to someone, try to use "She" instead of "He", "They" or any other singular pronouns. It makes the lore make since since you do not know who anyone is, and all characters being roleplayed as are female. This is not required by any means, but it is just expected considering the lore.
Pseudo-dino wrote:I'll take it.
Spinda wrote:I'm not sure another faction game by you would be a good idea. Also, allowing screenshots is a terrible idea.
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:20 am

^
How do dawn and twilight phases work in that game?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:24 am

That is not public. I am not sure if I say what happens in those phases will be allowed to be a mystery game anymore. I did forget to mention that Day lasts 23 47 hours, Night lasts 47 23 hours, and Dawn and Twilight last only one hour though.
As per rules of a Mystery game, I typed the full game up on Google Docs, and the Game Master that asks via PM will get the role url. (Unless their is another method I do not know about)

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 am

Generally, even for a mystery game you should divulge the general game mechanics, just not the roles. With Spinda's mystery game, he showcased a few of the items and very specific information about how the game operated (i.e. game starts on a night, some roles know other roles etc.). I don't think you're giving enough information to players as-is.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:39 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:Generally, even for a mystery game you should divulge the general game mechanics, just not the roles. With Spinda's mystery game, he showcased a few of the items and very specific information about how the game operated (i.e. game starts on a night, some roles know other roles etc.). I don't think you're giving enough information to players as-is.
I was told by other people on the forums to not do items. There are a few roles who know each other however.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:21 am

Gonna go ahead and submit this game yo, hopefully it doesn't have too many problems.

Fourth Great Ninja War

-18 players.
-Cardflip.
-Town wins if all the Mafia is killed.
-Mafia wins if the Mafia number equals or outnumbers the Town.
-Third Party wins if he's the last one standing.
-Roles can only be used at night.
-Lynch votes must be in bolded red. If you don't bold it that's fine, but if the lynch vote isn't red, it won't be counted.
-If you want to be a sub, please don't hesitate to post in the Mafia Discussion thread. You'll then replace a player if they're either too inactive or they drop out.

The Akatsuki
Madara: One of the Leaf Village's founders and one of the greatest threats in the history of the Ninja World. Has the ability to activate Infinite Tsukoyomi once throughout the entire game. Lynch votes will not be counted whatsoever the following day. Infinite Tsukoyomi will be announced at the beginning of the day phase. If Madara is roleblocked the night he attempts to use Infinite Tsukoyomi, then Infinite Tsukoyomi will simply be delayed for the next day.
Obito: The founder of the Akatsuki who used Madara's identity for years to manipulate the Ninja World. With his sheer skill in manipulation, Obito cardflips blue, even upon inspection. Additionally, he uses Izanagi to cheat death if targeted by a killer, but after it is used once, it is no longer able to be used.
Nagato: The figurehead of the Akatsuki. With his Six Paths of Pain, he can target a player each night, and he will be notified if that player was visited that night.
Zetsu: Madara's so-called creations. There is White Zetsu who has millions of clones of himself, and there's Black Zetsu, who is working with Madara. Using White Zetsu's ability traps the targeted player, disabling their ability for the night. Black Zetsu allows him to attach himself to another player, making the selected player cardflip black for the Day phase. The same ability can't be used twice in a row.

The Ninja Alliance
Naruto: The jinchuriki of the Nine-Tailed Fox and one of the greatest shinobi in the Ninja Alliance. He can read peoples' chakra and is able to tell what rolecolor the selected player has.
Sakura: One of the greatest medical ninja right under Lady Tsunade. She is able to heal a player each night. That player will not only be immune to nightkills that night, but will be protected from any other ability from the Akatsuki or Orochimaru.
Sasuke: The only survivor from the massacre of the Uchiha Clan, aside from Obito and Madara. He has been a rogue ninja for a long time, but has decided to aid the Ninja Alliance. Sasuke is able to use his impressive visual prowess to see if the targeted player was visited that night. Cardflips red because the Ninja Alliance isn't positive if he has good intent.
Kakashi: Kakashi is a world-known ninja who is much respected, and the captain of Squad 7. Kakashi was given the Sharingan years back by Obito. With this, he is able to use the Mangekyou technique Kamui to trap a player in another dimension. That player's lynch vote will not count the following day. If a member of the Akatsuki or Orochimaru is targeted, his lynch vote will count as two.
Alliance Shinobi: A regular shinobi. Has no special ability, but is aiding the Ninja Alliance.
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi
Alliance Shinobi

Third Party
Orochimaru: A former Leaf Village Jounin who went rogue to become immortal and learn all jutsu. Orochimaru's goal is to be the last one standing. He is able to kill a player every night. Additionally, he is immune to nightkills, as he can simply take on a new body using a vessle if his current body is deteriorated.
Pseudo-dino wrote:The Akatsuki might be a little powerful compared to the town, especially due to Obito. Neither of his abilities are overpowered on their own, but combining them into one role seems like it might get a little strong. This could be mitigated by nerfing Obito in some way or buffing the town, maybe replacing a Shinobi with another blue.
edit: Never mind that, I misunderstood the Obito description
Spinda wrote:Looks good.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:36 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Gonna go ahead and submit this game yo, hopefully it doesn't have too many problems.
As much as I like Naruto, I think I am not sure...

Good luck either way.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:08 am

M31: Moral Match
16 Players, Cardflip.

The Mafia
Dark Spirit: May paint a player black for the next night & day phase.
Prank Caller: May call up a player and distract them for the whole night so they wouldn't use their ability.
Stalker: May stalk a player learning who visited them that night.
Attorney: May visit a player and make their lynch vote count as 0 the following day.

The Town Dudes/Dudettes
Vigilante: May kill a player each night, if the player is alligned with the town he/she loses his/her ability for 1 night
Doctor: May stop a player from dying each night.
Sheriff: May inspect a player to find out their color each night.
Necromancer: If nightkilled he/she can post 1 more message on the game thread during the next day phase. Can't lynch in this post.
Ghost: Knows who the necromancer is, Immune to nightkills
Townie: Chooses who to lynch with the rest of the town during the day phase
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Miller

Third Party
Identity Thief: Can kill one player each night, if they're not green he'll take their color and their name will be displayed black in their death message. Immune to nightkills.

All PMs must be sent through the host aswell.
Basic mafia rules apply.
Pseudo-dino wrote:resubmission
Spinda wrote:Re: Sub Mission

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Sanct wrote:M31: Moral Match
16 Players, Cardflip.

The Mafia
Dark Spirit: May paint a player black for the next night & day phase.
Prank Caller: May call up a player and distract them for the whole night so they wouldn't use their ability.
Stalker: May stalk a player learning who visited them that night.
Attorney: May visit a player and make their lynch vote count as 0 the following day.

The Town Dudes/Dudettes
Vigilante: May kill a player each night, if the player is alligned with the town he/she loses his/her ability for 1 night
Doctor: May stop a player from dying each night.
Sheriff: May inspect a player to find out their color each night.
Necromancer: If nightkilled he/she can post 1 more message on the game thread during the next day phase. Can't lynch in this post.
Ghost: Knows who the necromancer is, Immune to nightkills
Townie: Chooses who to lynch with the rest of the town during the day phase
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Miller

Third Party
Identity Thief: Can kill one player each night, if they're not green he'll take their color and their name will be displayed black in their death message. Immune to nightkills.

All PMs must be sent through the host aswell.
Basic mafia rules apply.
If I lose, I would like to play this over anything else ^_^.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:23 pm

MX: Trials And Tribulations

18 players
Cardflip

Game Gimmick

Instead of the usual Night -> Day cycle, this game runs on a different cycle, which consists of Night -> Night -> Day -> Day, meaning that there'll be 2 phases in a row where people can use their night ability, and then there'll be two phases in a row where a lynch will happen. The game's roles have been balanced to reflect on this. A group of two interconnected phases of the same nature is known as a dual phase, ex: Night 1 and Night 2 are a dual night phase, Day 5 & Day 6 are a dual day phase.

Lore
The mafia has gotten their hands on a machine which alters the normal flow of time, changing the duration of night and day. This machine was invented by a mastermind with the purpose of giving him a strategical advantage to his plans to murder everyone in the town and gain control of it, since all of them crushed his previous inventions for being dangerous every time he tried to make one. He intentionally let their machine be taken by the mafia in order to remove suspicion from himself, as he had yet to develop something as complicated as this.

With the machine in hand, the Mafia was able to have more power over the town, since they gained more time to plan and execute all of their shanenigans. With determination to stop this madness, everyone in town; even the regular townsfolk, decided to do their best and try to get everything back to normal. To do this, they must get rid of the mafia and completely stop the mastermind's plans.

The Mafia: Goal - Eliminate the mastermind and outnumber the town. They can kill someone each night, and they all know eachother.
The ringleader: Immune to night kills. Can blackmail someone to not talk the following dual day phase. Can only be used once per dual night phase.
The corrupt prosecutor: Can choose to instantly end a lynch if there's at least 3 votes on the same person. Can only use this once per dual day phase.
The thug: Can beat up someone to block their ability each night.
The spy: Can spy on someone to learn their actions each night.

The town Goal - Kill the mafia and the mastermind
The detective: Can inspect someone each night to learn their color.
The cop: Can choose to kill someone each night, if their kill goes through on an innocent person, they will be colored as red for the rest of the game.
The attorney: Can choose to nullify a lynch once per dual day phase. To do this, the person with the most votes must've been visited by a player colored red the previous dual night phase.
The doctor: Can choose to save someone from death each night. Can only self heal twice.
The shady doctor: Can choose to save someone from death once per dual night phase. Can only self heal once.
Witness: Can visit someone each night. They will know the name of anyone else who visits the same person.
Witness
Witness
Witness
Witness
Unreliable Witness
Unreliable Witness

The mastermind: Goal - Be the last player alive.
The mastermind: Immune to night kills. Can choose to kill someone each night. Witnesses will not find any trail of him.
Pseudo-dino wrote:Cool gimmick, approved.
My first impression is that the corrupt prosecutor might be a little OP (since, at the beginning of the game, the rest of the mafia can instantly confirm a lynch with his ability), but I'd have to see it in action to be sure. The situation I described would expose the mafia anyways.
Spinda wrote:Looks interesting!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:59 pm

The Wizard of Darkness

Cardflip
19 Players
Role Usage is optional
Each night, 5 random players have the ability to visit someone

The Dark Wizard & Cursed Mythical Creatures

Dark Wizard
: Can choose what color they flip as at the beginning of the game, and they are also immune to nightkills.
Basilisk: Anyone that visits them during the night phase will die, unless they have a mirror.
Black Dragon: Can take someone to their cave every night phase, disabling their ability that night phase, and also destroying any items they have.
Red Slime: Can trap someone inside their slimy form each night, silencing them for the next day phase

The Good Wizards & Good Mythical Creatures

Forensics Wizard: Can find out the color of someone each night
White Dragon: Can protect someone during the night phase, and if that player is targeted, they’ll die instead.
Mirror Wizard: Can give someone a mirror every night.
Orb Wizard: Can give someone a X2 Orb every 2 nights to make their lynch votes permanently count as 2 unless destroyed by the Black Dragon.
Blue Slime: This Slime is able to absorb white magic of fallen wizards and mythical creatures, and therefore, on a night, if a blue dies, they can target them to gain that blue's ability. Will flip as green until it gets an ablilty of someone, in which it'll flip as blue for the remainder of the game. If it targets the Dark Wizard, assuming they picked blue, then nothing happens.
Dragon Duo(Green Dragon): Knows who the other dragon is, and can discuss with them who to set ablaze, killing them, if one of them die, they can’t choose a kill target anymore
Dragon Duo(Red Dragon)
Regular Wizard: No special abilities
Regular Wizard
Regular Wizard
Regular Wizard
Regular Wizard

Magic Studier: Knows they're the Magic Studier
Witchery Student: Knows they're the Witchery Student

Third Party

Witch:
They can set a spell on a player each night and select a word atleast 6 letters long, and if the that player says that word the next day phase they’ll die. They also have nightkill immunity.

The Witch wins if the dark wizard and all its allies and specials are dead.

ITEMS
Spoiler: show
Mirror
If you have this item, if you visit the basilisk, you won’t die.

X2 Orb
If your given this item, your lynch votes will count as two, unless it’s destroyed by the Black Dragon

EDIT:
Changelog:

- added 2 more players
- added 2 slime roles, one for town, one for mafia
- added the witch win condtion
- changed the dragon duo to dragon trio

Changelog 2:

- reverted the dragon trio back to dragon duo
- removed the revival potion
- switched the cooldowns for the mirror wizard and orb wizard
Pseudo-dino wrote:Is the dragon duo supposed to be a different color from the mafia?
Otherwise, looks good.
Spinda wrote:Resubmission
Last edited by PersonNamedUser on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:12 pm

well i know who im voting for, this should be a fun m32.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Regarding the comment of my game. It wouldn't be that overpowered. There are 3 mafia in total, if 3 people just chain vote and get someone killed more than once, they will get a lot of suspicion thrown onto them (assuming the town aren't apes)

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:39 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Is the dragon duo supposed to be a different color from the mafia?
Yes, they are.

Return to “Mafia”