Basic Ice Cave Level #BackToBasics

This is the place to post your own levels.
Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Basic Ice Cave Level #BackToBasics

Postby Ace » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:42 am

Another level reminiscent of Super Mario Brothers 3! If you're a real Mario fan, you will know what this level is based off of. However, this is not a remake; it is simply inspired by a level in SMB3.
There's a puzzle to solve in this mysterious cave! Is Mario clever enough to find the exit all by himself? Play the level to find out!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/648 ... 20Cave.zip

Egg
Snifit
Snifit

Re: Basic Ice Cave Level #BackToBasics

Postby Egg » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:29 am

Despite of being an ice level it is really heartwarming, reminds me of Mario's glory days with SMB3. This level teaches us about how we need our mind to work in perfect sync with our body when going out on adventures, that's how our hero is able to solve the maze and escape the deep icy caverns. Good job with the level Ace, can't wait to see more from you.

Kevin Spacey

Postby Kevin Spacey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:32 am

A thrilling instalment in your Mario levels! Brilliant job, Ace.
It reminded me of my childhood when I used to play Super Mario Bros.3 on the NES console. Ah, the memories! Thanks for the nostalgia trip, Ace, and I can't wait for what lies next in store for your Mario levels. A solid 10 out of a 10.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:02 pm

It took me awhile to 100% this level, which is probably a good thing, and it was fun overall. The buster beetles were well placed and keep the player on their toes. As Kevin said, it does indeed remind me of the original SMB3 and thus this was a pretty well designed level!

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:19 am

Review of Basic Ice Cace Level based on SMB3's standards

This is a level based on SMB3's World 6-5, which has the same puzzle and style. Anyways, the level design here was amazing, there was more secrets than it was in original before. I really love collecting coins and 1-ups and that clever puzzle is the most one I enjoyed. Overall, this is an amazing level and everyone should try this out. 10/10

moved to the best

Return to “Levels”