Basic Tricky Grass Level #BackToBasics

This is the place to post your own levels.
BTB
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Basic Tricky Grass Level #BackToBasics

Postby BTB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:43 am

Hey Super Mario Brothers X community! I've got another cool level that follows the official community guidelines! This time my level is based off Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. The game is very rare in the United States, but it shares many similarities with the first Super Mario Bros. with enough new content to kick it up a notch. I think you'll definitely see some of the big differences in this level, as I try to showcase them. Let's put it this way: it's no cakewalk!

Thanks for taking your time to check out my level, and feel free to leave a nice comment!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?s97mrovdjyb78a8
Last edited by BTB on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Basic Tricky Grass Level #BackToBasics

Postby Ace » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:03 am

I really liked the trick at the end of the level. I won't spoil it, but it's really in the spirit of Super Mario Brothers The Lost Levels!

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:19 am

Ace wrote:I really liked the trick at the end of the level. I won't spoil it, but it's really in the spirit of Super Mario Brothers The Lost Levels!
I agree, it was kind of funny. It showed a cool glitch with the Lakitu though.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:12 am

Review of Basic Tricky Grass Level by SMB1's standarts

It's SMB1's 1-1 except more difficult with lots of changes, like no bonus room, Spinys are placed instead of goombas, more pits and Lakitu at the end. The trick with the pipe warp is nicely done, since it reminds me of SMB: The Lost Levels world 3 one, where it sends back to the beginning of the game. The hammer bros was tricky to pass, though. Overall, this is a pretty good level and I recommend everyone to play it, it's worth it. 8/10

moved to pretty good

Return to “Levels”