A legitimate request towards the staff

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: A legitimate request towards the staff

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:27 am

SnifitGuy wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:perhaps we should have a casual levels topic instead of a thread where we all post a single screenshot and a download link and discussion is not meant to actually take place about the individual levels.
I don't really like the concept of having the levels of multiple users in the same topic. Multiple levels from the same user in one topic I'm fine with
that too could work. im not saying that people make massive amounts of levels or anything, but i really don't think it's necessary for someone to create a new thread just because they want to post a new level. then again, if they post a level pack, would it be considered an episode?
Nah. It would just be considered a level pack. Just like the Graphics forum more or less, except levels could be posted as individual downloads in a users OP of their level topic

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:57 pm

On the subject of casual levels, would anyone be upset if we just got rid of that subforum if we were to implement the one-thread-per-user system?

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Yoshi021 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Will you still allow 1.4 levels?

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 pm

I wouldn't mind as the new system would make the forum obsolete for its intended purpose of separating levels that are just for fun so they don't pile up in the main forum.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:29 pm

Joey wrote:On the subject of casual levels, would anyone be upset if we just got rid of that subforum if we were to implement the one-thread-per-user system?
Would that mean getting rid of the other subforums too? If not, how would that work?

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:42 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Joey wrote:On the subject of casual levels, would anyone be upset if we just got rid of that subforum if we were to implement the one-thread-per-user system?
Would that mean getting rid of the other subforums too? If not, how would that work?
I've already suggested featuring certain designer's threads every week or so. I think that'd create an interesting contrast, where the contests put a focus on the levels since the creator's name is usually hidden, while the focus of the Levels forum is the designers themselves.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 pm

If this is implemented, what happens to the Level Judges group?

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:09 am

TNTtimelord wrote:If this is implemented, what happens to the Level Judges group?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:59 am

PixelPest wrote:
Yes, that would mean we would not have four category subforums anymore.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:10 am

Sounds good.

Kyo Saito
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Kyo Saito » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:38 am

I support having just a "Levels" forum, if that's what you're getting at.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48 am

I think it would be best just to have one big forum with people's levels in their own single topic. Should the current levels forum as it is now be archived then (except for maybe some of the still relevant stickied topics)? As I mentioned earlier, it would save time and users can repost their levels that they still want visible in their own topics

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:53 am

PixelPest wrote:I think it would be best just to have one big forum with people's levels in their own single topic. Should the current levels forum as it is now be archived then (except for maybe some of the still relevant stickied topics)? As I mentioned earlier, it would save time and users can repost their levels that they still want visible in their own topics
Yeah, that's what I suggested and I think deleting it wouldn't really help in any way.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:33 am

The entire levels forum would be archived (save for relevant stickies if there are any) and a new forum would be created. Should we keep the Level Judges strictly for vibes?

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:43 am

Joey wrote:The entire levels forum would be archived (save for relevant stickies if there are any) and a new forum would be created. Should we keep the Level Judges strictly for vibes?
If we have those monthly/biweekly/whatever featured level designers, I think the LJs should choose them and also do moderating (though we'll have to see how much moderating will actually be needed in that forum).

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:48 am

I was thinking that the Level Judges could pick featured level designers and then I also remembered that we still have to worry about the Projects forum (and the Episodes forum, albeit much less) which will still follow the current system. I want to rewrite the Levels forum rules as well as roll out new Projects forum rules (to curb unfinished projects).

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:55 am

Joey wrote:I want to rewrite the Levels forum rules as well as roll out new Projects forum rules (to curb unfinished projects).
As long as you don't make project threads auto-delete themselves after a set number of days, that's a good idea.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:52 am

Spinda wrote:
Joey wrote:The entire levels forum would be archived (save for relevant stickies if there are any) and a new forum would be created. Should we keep the Level Judges strictly for vibes?
If we have those monthly/biweekly/whatever featured level designers, I think the LJs should choose them and also do moderating (though we'll have to see how much moderating will actually be needed in that forum).
I agree with this. Even without the need for reviewing levels officially, I think the group could still be useful

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 am

yeah, definitely accepting these ideas.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Joey wrote:I was thinking that the Level Judges could pick featured level designers and then I also remembered that we still have to worry about the Projects forum (and the Episodes forum, albeit much less) which will still follow the current system. I want to rewrite the Levels forum rules as well as roll out new Projects forum rules (to curb unfinished projects).
Kind of reminds me of how we had Featured Episodes once a month and we fell behind with that loose of a schedule. If it's at all possible I think it would be best if the general community could decide what level designers get featured by having a button on posts kind of like the report button to just click and leave a reason why you're supporting that designer and after a designer gets this attention then they can be featured. Either that, a functional like button for these forums, or something along those lines would work. Also IIRC the ACP should let you enable auto-locking of dead threads, so that could take care of the Projects forum's unfinished projects that fall behind the active topics that have progress being made.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”