Dangerous Bay [Medium/Hard]

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
Hasin
Koopa
Koopa

Dangerous Bay [Medium/Hard]

Postby Hasin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello!
I would like to present my level.
It contains a unique gimmick in the last section.
Credits (CGFX authors) can be found in the level folder.

Level type: Beach/Water
Difficulty: Medium/Hard
Level ending: SMB3 Star

Screen
Spoiler: show
DOWNLOAD LINK -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/ghik0 ... sin%29.rar

SomeRandomGuy
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Dangerous Bay [Medium/Hard]

Postby SomeRandomGuy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:24 am

I like the graphics choice of the level.

Mario_and_Luigi_55
Spike
Spike

Postby Mario_and_Luigi_55 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:10 am

What can I say about this level except: I like it. The graphics choice is really good. Level isn't that hard as I thought it will be (which is good, because I can really fail at platformers :lol: ). I got a little confused at the end of section 1, but except of that, I didn't see any flaws :D .

Hasin
Koopa
Koopa

Postby Hasin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Hello, if any judge finally test and write a review on my stage? :v

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Hasin wrote:Hello, if any judge finally test and write a review on my stage? :v
Alrighty here's your long-awaited review.

The music choice is splendid, and you really fit all of the graphics very well together to create a nice tropical beach atmosphere. I never thought of using the smw wood to resemble a sort of pier or beach post wood. You combine smb3 and smw ina relatively smooth way, so I commend you for pulling that off. The only exception is you should've kept all of the piranha plants consistent; either have them all in smw or in smb3 form. You initially had me concerned with having a goomba coming out of a block, and if you're to do that I recommend having the goombas in blocks be something that's occurring through the level. I was completely confused by why there was a pipe with koopa shells generating out of it; I saw the purpose to the rainbow koopa shell guarding the yoshi coin (which was a nice touch), but there's no reason to have a pipe you're supposed to enter have koopa shells coming out of it in that area. The overall game play of the level was smooth with some nice backtracking implemented early on. You have a nice flow of difficulty throughout with the smw wood being the main cause with it's good placement. With the sections where you have to jump through the smw wood, you assume the player will at least have a mushroom to get the leaf, but overall this creates a sort of leap of faith scenario with the second row of wood in particular with the gap right after the last block of wood. I recommend either changing that area completely or maybe having the lead available through a bubble so the player is guaranteed to get it. Other than that the level isn't too bad, it's really just a lot of the smaller details throughout that hold this level back.

6.1/10 Moved to Pretty Good

Return to “Pretty Good”