6-1 Arachnophobic Area

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

6-1 Arachnophobic Area

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:00 pm

I made another level and I thought it was a good idea to release it.
It plays in a corrupted grassland infested with spiders.

Screenshots.
Spoiler: show
And yes, the graphics are released from now on.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Witchking666 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlayerYoshi14
Spiny
Spiny

Re: 6-1 Arachnophobic Area

Postby PlayerYoshi14 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Wow! Nice level :mrgreen: These folded bushes look great and background is also interesting. All graphics seduces the eye 8-) Music fits to the stage, nevertheless it is calm. Level was a long, but it wasn't demanding.

However, I saw a small cutoff :!:

This cobweb is not connected. Moreever these oblique spider threads look oddly in my opinion.
But I still think that this level is cool.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:26 pm

PlayerYoshi14 wrote:Wow! Nice level :mrgreen: These folded bushes look great and background is also interesting. All graphics seduces the eye 8-) Music fits to the stage, nevertheless it is calm. Level was a long, but it wasn't demanding.

However, I saw a small cutoff :!:

This cobweb is not connected. Moreever these oblique spider threads look oddly in my opinion.
But I still think that this level is cool.
I did not catch that in beta-testing. Sorry.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:57 pm

This was a very good level! It just needs a checkpoint
Video:
Spoiler: show

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
I added a checkpoint and removed the cutoff in the secret star section. I also spotted a second cutoff and fixed it straightaway.
I also placed some more npc's to make it a tad more difficult.

fixed link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpomfop52gxc3 ... a.zip?dl=0

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:02 am

I played the alpha of this level two weeks ago. I will review it in a day or two.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:45 am

An unofficial review of 6-1 Arachnophobic Area

- Gameplay things -
This level was one of the most fun levels I've played in a while. It was pretty tough, but since it's a world 6 level that's completely justified. You really nailed the spiderweb-centered gameplay, and it got especially hectic in the part after the checkpoint. The star coin placement was good too, however the last one caused me some trouble, since the fact that you can bounce off the spiders isn't really explained/clarified in the level itself. I also disliked some of your pipe placement, but that may just be me.

- Graphical things and atmospheric doodlies -
I liked the atmosphere of this level. A lot. The fused background was gorgeous, and I loved the mushroom BGOs. The spider webs were also cleverly constructed, but I'll get to that later. Your music choice was also good, however I must say it got a little repetitive throughout the level, but that may have been because I died a few times. I do have some complaints though; first off, the enemies were much brighter than their surroundings; this would have been fine if it was just powerups and coins, but for the enemies it looks kind of odd (but that may just be me). Secondly, the spiderwebs attached to the smaller thwomp spiders caused cutoff at the top; just making them a little longer would resolve this issue. All in all, you did pretty great in terms of aesthetics.

- Overall score -
Since I don't rate individual parts of a level, I'll explain my final score of an 9.0. As I (hopefully) stated in my review, I really enjoyed this level; the gameplay was awesome, the theme was rather original and the graphics fit well. As I mentioned, however, there were some tiny issues with both the graphics and the gameplay, but it didn't really bother me too much while playing the level.

Return to “The Best”