Bowser's Invasion, A LunaLUA Project, In Need of Level Designers, Beta Testers, and Graphics Designers

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.

Should I add an extra world?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 25
loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Bowser's Invasion, A LunaLUA Project, In Need of Level Designers, Beta Testers, and Graphics Designers

Postby loop » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Since I found out how to upload screenshots, I decided to make this public. My project is called Bowser's Invasion, inspired by The Invasion. This project will have 8 normal worlds and two special worlds. I have two screenshots, so here they are:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
I added a poll that asks if I should add another world or keep it at the length of ten worlds.

I need level designers, beta testers, and graphics designers, so PM me if you want to sign up.

I will put proper credits when my laptop is fixed. :roll:

This project will use LunaLUA.

Level themes:
World 1: grassland
World 2: desert
World 3: Forest
World 4: underground
World 5: retro
World 6: mountains
World 7: summit
World 8: lava land
World 9: skies
World 10: various, space overworld (special world)
Level Designers
-King of Eterity
-Jayce 777
-Turret 3471
-MarioMaster1608.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Beta Testers
-yoshiegg
-KOJIMKJ
-Turret 3471
-
-
-
-
Graphics Designers
-
-
-
-
-

Credits to IsaacDavid for the banner.
Last edited by loop on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 20 times in total.

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Bowser's Invasion

Postby EnderTnt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Looks good, can already see a SMB2 theme here. Looks not too flowing (In bgo terms). Good so far, I can possibly make a banner, but I'm eager to help make levels. I'm making a Project myself (no screens so no post) but I hope that this one will keep you occupied on here!

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:44 pm

You can submit levels if you want, but not all levels will have the same theme. Thanks for considering making a banner.

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:You can submit levels if you want, but not all levels will have the same theme. Thanks for considering making a banner.
Well if they all had the same theme, it'd be pretty bland wouldn't it? Ive had these ideas down; Ones I have yet to fully finish at any stage, til now;
Pipe Maze (Cliche)
Pyramid Maze (Not Cliche)
Pyramid with a dark gimmick

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:You can submit levels if you want, but not all levels will have the same theme. Thanks for considering making a banner.
Well if they all had the same theme, it'd be pretty bland wouldn't it? Ive had these ideas down; Ones I have yet to fully finish at any stage, til now;
Pipe Maze (Cliche)
Pyramid Maze (Not Cliche)
Pyramid with a dark gimmick

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Sorry for 2x post, submit button made me think it didn't post, so I copied and pasted it and tried again

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:51 pm

That's okay. About to post another screenshot.

Crud, my game crashed and I lost a LOT of progress. I will replace the above screenshot with a new one.

EnderTnt
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby EnderTnt » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:That's okay. About to post another screenshot.

Crud, my game crashed and I lost a LOT of progress. I will replace the above screenshot with a new one.
Damn, hope you can replace it though

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:25 am

Thanks. I may be delayed with the screenshots, but I can still build levels. I may be offline from my laptop for up to 19 days, but I will post screenshots when I can. I was typing this with my phone. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
My phone has a hotspot at least, albeit a slow one.

Screenshot changed.

Mooshry
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Mooshry » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Add the extra world!

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Only if the votes are in favor of it. The poll ends on 9/3/2016.

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:02 pm

This project is halted until I get a new laptop /my laptop fixed. I was about to post a screenshot, but my laptop's charger port is smashed in, disabling it. I can hopefully get it fixed this week if we can afford it, but if not, it could be a month before I can restart the project.
Edit: My laptop may get fixed today.

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I have decided to recruit level designers and beta testers. My laptop is still on the fritz, so I was like "Why not?". PM me if you want to join.

Kingbowser112
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Re: Bowser's Invasion, A LunaLUA Project, In Need of Level Designers and Beta Testers

Postby Kingbowser112 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:16 pm

The screen looks very innotive and creative, with so much things, yeah really full of custom gfx. The design is decent. (except for that part empty, I think you can add some backgrounds or coins)
Ten worlds are so many, I think you will spend a long time on this. Anyway, I've to ask why I do not see enemies ?
Enemies are important to make level's difficult. Add a pair of shy guys and it should work.
Is it your first work ?
Also, I would see more screens next time. Hope you will finish soon your episode!

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Bowser's Invasion, A LunaLUA Project, In Need of Level Designers and Beta Testers

Postby loop » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Kingbowser112 wrote:The screen looks very innotive and creative, with so much things, yeah really full of custom gfx. The design is decent. (except for that part empty, I think you can add some backgrounds or coins)
Ten worlds are so many, I think you will spend a long time on this. Anyway, I've to ask why I do not see enemies ?
Enemies are important to make level's difficult. Add a pair of shy guys and it should work.
Is it your first work ?
Also, I would see more screens next time. Hope you will finish soon your episode!
Thanks, and yes, this is my first project. I am already getting the hang of things, all I need is experience with LunaLUA.
Oh, and I have a new screenshot!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Interesting project going on so far and I like how you go with the SMB2 theme going on here and also SMB aswell. I wonder how many different themes this game has like SMW or even Non-Mario relative and such.

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:51 am

Great news! My laptop may get fixed next week, so I may be able to get back to work! :mrgreen: Remember that there are a lot of spots left for level designers and beta testers!

IsaacDavid
Koopa
Koopa

Postby IsaacDavid » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 am

Looks goin nice Project!

kojimkj
Spike
Spike
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Bowser's Invasion, A LunaLUA Project, In Need of Level Designers, Beta Testers, and Graphics Designers

Postby kojimkj » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 pm

In the second screenshot, there is a pipe top on top of another pipe top, and why there is a floating black pipe part with 2 castle blocks :?:

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Re: Bowser's Invasion, A LunaLUA Project, In Need of Level Designers, Beta Testers, and Graphics Designers

Postby loop » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:06 pm

I forgot to remove the black pipe and dungeon blocks before. The double pipe tops are there for a reason. A little trick I got from SMM. I will remove the black pipe and dungeon blocks. I can also remove the double pipe tops if they bother you, though.

Return to “Projects”