Super Mario World at War [Possibly last screenshot before demo]

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.

Should this game have a special world/world 11

Poll ended at Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Yes, and make the levels' difficulty increase dramatically
50%
Yes, but keep the difficulty increasing like the rest of the game - I really don't want another perfect run or something
50%
No, it will be too much/it will be too hard to download/be too big
No votes

Total votes: 4
ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Super Mario World at War [Possibly last screenshot before demo]

Postby ElectriKong » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:34 am

SUPER MARIO WORLD AT WAR

This is my first project. All times are in UCT+0

BLOG
Spoiler: show
1st August 2016: 16:42
If you are wondering why I did not release the demo, there are 2 reasons as to why:
1) I don't want to release anything about the project that will require bumping it until #backtobasics dies out, due to some of its supporters potentially trying to blast the project for going against the guidelines that they set up, and while they know not to do that, any attempts, even if punished, to try and stop the project could have long term effects on it and such as defame due to increased disinterest due to people accepting such criticism.

2) I did receive advice from TTK that to take kinda means putting the project on hold. I think that, even if the project goes on hold, it will help in the long term and maybe speed development in the end.

I probably won't be continuing development of this project (excluding contest levels, maybe) until at least after #backtobasics dies and no demo will be released until then. Please don't post here until then either as I don't want this bumped. All team applications from now on in PMs please.
LOGO
DETAILS
Inspiration from Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros series, Super Mario 3D land/World, Airship attack 1 and 2, and probably more games
Will use custom music and GFX
You will be able to beta test in the future
I may let you submit your levels, provided that they meet the guidelines I will give you if I do this
STORY*
Set during a war in the Mushroom World
WORLDS
World 1: Goomba Plains
World 2: Stabbin' Desert
World 3: Subcon Mountain
World 4: Wet Wet Wet
World 5: Forest Maze
World 6: Frosted Peak
World 7: Neo Skyline
World 8: Space Garbage Zone
World 9: Yoshi's Island
World 10: Warzone
LEVEL SCREENSHOTS*
1-1 Areas:

1-2 Areas:

A section of a random level:

A random cave level

MAP SCREENSHOTS*
1st half of world 1 (definitely appearing in the July 2016 demo):
SCREENSHOTS OF CERTAIN GRAPHICS
CHANGELOG
0.1 coming soon
THE TEAM
Leader
King of Eterity
Co-leaders (0/2 spots taken)
Level Designers (1/5 spots taken)
RhysOwens
Boss Designers (1/5 Spots taken)
RhysOwens
GFX Designeers (0/5 spots taken)
LunaLua API Designers (0/5 spots taken)
Beta testers/Judges (0/10 spots taken)
*Footage or content shown here may undergo changes before the final version
Last edited by ElectriKong on Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 34 times in total.

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World 3: The evil within

Postby ElectriKong » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:17 pm

I have changed the game title to something that sounds better. Also, as of when I can finally release the first world for beta testing, I will go for a world per month, so depending on the amount of worlds the final game ends up with should give you an idea as to how long the wait for the full release will be. There maybe certain exceptions such as if I decide to create a few longer worlds or development slows down for whatever reason (IRL issues or certain testings (e.g lunalua tests that make level development harder)). I will also try to get in weekly screenshots.

Crystal More
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Re: Super Mario World 3: The evil within

Postby Crystal More » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Since the episode is called "Super Mario World 3: The evil within" so the focus of the graphics (in my opinion) should be the majority of SMW

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World X: The evil within [A new screen shot to show]

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:43 am

I have a new screenshot. It is not of any level or map, but a GFX I made. Vote in the poll whether or not I should continue making them (I will still be using some from GFX packs though).
Note: Do not use any of the graphics in my project until release, unless they were from other packs or projects.

Circle Guy
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Circle Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:29 am

King of Eterity wrote:I have a new screenshot. It is not of any level or map, but a GFX I made. Vote in the poll whether or not I should continue making them (I will still be using some from GFX packs though).
Note: Do not use any of the graphics in my project until release, unless they were from other packs or projects.
You should use paint.net, your graphic has 1x1 pixels.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:54 am

Circle Guy wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:I have a new screenshot. It is not of any level or map, but a GFX I made. Vote in the poll whether or not I should continue making them (I will still be using some from GFX packs though).
You should use paint.net, your graphic has 1x1 pixels.
OK, I got paint.net. Unfortunately though I am not redoing the background as it was rather time consuming. OK, since making graphic is not relevant at the moment though, I will remove the poll and maybe put it up again, but probably reword the question, or you guys can just throw suggestions of improvement.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:39 pm

The Evil Within + Super Mario World
How do you plan on making a HORROR game with the smbx engine?

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World X [Update on works of this project]

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:53 am

The 'The Evil Within' part was removed because this like a first game of a series. I may reuse it for another game. This is because there will not be enough horror game elements in the game, and it would bring about critics and skeptics with the name of a horror game being used (see the post above). I had also remove some worlds (Mt Mountain and the 2 ??? worlds) so the game is not too long. Also, if you want to apply for level designer or beta tester, the apply in the thread (guidelines and requirements will be issued in PM). The first public demo will be available at the end of this month.

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World at War [Week Commencing July 11th 2016 Screenshots have arrived]

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Right, the name is finalised.
There are 5 new screenshots, 4 level and 1 map. I removed the old map screenshot as well, because that may or may not appear in the game as it is in the screenshot.

I also need beta testers and level designers.

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World at War [New poll RE: Public demos]

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:39 am

I will be doing 5 random levels in each monthly demo. This is because I don't want non-beta testers seeing almost the entire game before it even comes out. Also, not much about the story will be revealed. I do however want to know how I should be getting players from one level to another within the demos, either World map or hub.

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World at War [Team members needed +You can finally support this]

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:57 am

I have now created a logo for this project. If you want to show your support to this project, you can include it in your signature. BBcode for the image

Code: Select all

[img]http://puu.sh/q3y2M/9b69566fc1.png[/img]
I am not a professional graphics designer or great artist and not set to be the next Valterri or Chad so I am sure that there are flaws with it. If you think you can improve it, then send a PM for it and ask for a download link (You will need paint.net, as that was where I created it in).

Also, I need team members, and a few level designers to create 1-3, 1-4 and 1-5, because I am focused on my lava contest level and might not get them done in 2 weeks to release the July demo without any help.

Anyway, enough of that, there are plenty of roles to choose from, and hopefully there is something for you:

Leader: That is me, I have full control over the project and team. I will decide who comes on, who gets which role, who I will dismiss etc. No one else can take this position. Can take part in every role below.

Co-Leader: These people will have similar rights to the leader, controlling who is on the team and all that good stuff. Can help with designing the world map. Can take part in every role below. If you want to have this position, then you won't need to apply for another role to take that role. LunaLua reccomended.

Level Designer: These people help to make the levels in the game. LunaLua Recommended.

Boss Designer: These people contribute to the custom bosses at the end of the last level of each world. LunaLua Recommended.

GFX Designer: These people make Custom GFXs for this game. All GFXs new to this game will be included in a GFX pack that will be released along with the game. Graphics making/editing software required.

LunaLua API designer: These people will make APIs using LunaLua to help make unique levels or help level designers who want to use an API and need to help get it working. LunaLua required.

Beta tester: The entire team will have this role. These people review levels and report bugs. Only apply if you don't want another role or if no other role is available. LunaLua recommended.

I also suggest everyone on this has Platformer Game Engine (PGE)

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World at War [New Screenshot and still seeking team members]

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Here is the section of a level.
Note: No screenshots shown here right now are final. There will almost certainly be changes to what you see here.

Also, the 1st demo is set to be released 30th July 2016.

Finally, I am still looking for team members. See posts above for details.

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Postby loop » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:10 pm

King of Eterity wrote:Here is the section of a level.
Note: No screenshots shown here right now are final. There will almost certainly be changes to what you see here.

It is okay... what really bothers me is the stacked grass tiles. :roll: :|
I suggest using this:http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =31&t=4907

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Wind » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:17 pm

is super mario modern warfare coming next

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:26 pm

This project looks too confusing to me... But good luck with the project though. :roll:

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Here is the section of a level.

It is okay... what really bothers me is the stacked grass tiles. :roll: :|
I suggest using this:http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =31&t=4907
The stacked grass is is used quite a bit by the SMF community and I was trying it here. I will try the GFX pack you suggested. If more people dislike the stacked grass, then I will remove it.
Wind wrote:is super mario modern warfare coming next
I don't know. The fact that this project has only started just last month, I have not planned out any sequel. I guess we will have to see when this game is fully released maybe. There will not be any sequel anytime soon, and it will probably be quite a long time after release before any possible sequel does take off.
NintendoOtaku93 wrote:This project looks too confusing to me... But good luck with the project though. :roll:
I wish you luck with any projects you are doing/will do as well. What is confusing about this project?

ElectriKong

Re: Super Mario World at War [Possibly last screenshot before demo]

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:14 am

Possibly the last photo of the game before the demo.Image
I will add more scenery
Last edited by ElectriKong on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

BTB
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby BTB » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:28 am

this looks like a classic mario game, something we don't see enough in this community anymore. best of luck, i'll be excited to play it when it comes out.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:36 am

BTB wrote:this looks like a classic mario game, something we don't see enough in this community anymore. best of luck, i'll be excited to play it when it comes out.
Unfortunately this may be far from classic. There will be a lot of custom GFXs in it and some of the levels will have some kind of gimmick within them. As stated in some posts above, Lunalua will be used, mainly because this is a 1 player game although may be a few . No SMBX 2.0 will be used unless it comes out of beta before this gets released, then it may transfer. And there will be no 1.4 as otherwise this project would be posted on wohlstand forums. I will mainly use PGE though, but only for a few things to make level making easier, and to take screenshots of large areas, such as world maps. I am going to be mixing a few classic levels in the game though. Just don't expect a 100% classic here. You can take a role in this project if you want though.

BTB
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby BTB » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:21 am

i'd love to help, but i don't really think you should try to not make it like a classic mario game. if you make some adjustments though, i'd be interested, so feel free to contact me.

Return to “Projects”