M30: We are the 70.58% Player Sign-ups

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

M30: We are the 70.58% Player Sign-ups

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Sorry for the wait, I needed to finish writing the role PMs.

Long ago, the people of the nation lived in harmony. Everything changed when the corrupt politicians attacked.

Mafia 30: We are the 70.58%
Cardflip - 17 players

Corrupt Politicians
Dictator: Always protected by guards; can go into super paranoid mode twice throughout the whole game to kill anyone who visits him that night. (details below)
Military Man: Can beat someone up each night to make them cardflip black until the next night.
Propagandist: Can set one message to be displayed to the whole game in the phase transition message each night. (details below)
Doublespeaker: Can fake a lynch vote by sending the host a PM with their real lynch vote. Votes in the thread will not be counted.
The group conspires to kill one player each night and all members have contact with each other. They win if they eliminate the terrorist militant guy and equal or outnumber the Rebel Alliance.

The Brave Rebel Alliance
Goodguy Politician: The only honest politician left in the nation, s/he still has old connections that s/he can use to inspect one player each night and learn their cardflip color.
Commando: Can kill one player each night. Loses ability for one night if s/he kills a townsperson.
Conspiracy Theorist: Can set one message to be displayed to the whole game in the phase transition message each night. (details below)
Rebel Medic: Can protect one player each night to protect them from being night killed. Cannot self protect. (details below)
Hippie: Can protest outside one player's house each night (during the day lore-wise), preventing that player from voting on the following day phase. (details below)
Concerned citizen: Just going about their life, doesn't really care about politics. Would generally like the rebels to win.
Concerned citizen
Concerned citizen
Concerned citizen
Concerned citizen
Concerned citizen
Morally bankrupt individual: Still on the side of the rebels. S/he cardflips red, though. Thinks s/he's a concerned citizen.
They win by eliminating the corrupt politicians and the terrorist militant guy.

Terrorist militant guy: Literally doesn't care about anybody except for his small band of militants. Can kill one player each night. He will call one of his medics to save himself if he is night killed, rendering him immune to night kills (details below). Wins by being the last player standing.

Role Details
Spoiler: show
Dictator: Retaliation against visitors is considered a night kill - if the Rebel Medic protects the Commando who visits the paranoid Dictator, the Commando will not die. Abilities still work against a paranoid Dictator.
Conspiracy Theorist/Propagandist: Plain text only; it will be marked as a player message as well, so it cannot be used to fake kills or saves. Max 250 characters. Messages from both roles are indistinguishable from each other and are displayed in a random order.
Rebel Medic/Terrorist militant guy: A message will be displayed in the phase transition message if the Rebel Medic successfully protects someone, or if the terrorist militant guy successfully protects himself. These messages are indistinguishable.
Hippie: The Hippie's ability affects the Doublespeaker's ability to vote as well. The affected player will receive a host PM informing them that their vote has been disabled, and will not be allowed to "fake" votes in the thread (i.e. they will not be allowed to post in bold red text for that day).
- Power usage and lynches are optional, but all players should display signs of activity.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Role PM wrote:You are the Dictator! You are an eccentric and reserved despot with a paranoid streak. Each night, if you choose to, you may become especially paranoid and surround yourself with guards, killing anyone who visits you that night (you will still be affected by the ability), but you're only paying them enough to do this twice throughout the whole game. You will also conspire with your fellow corrupt politicians, <player> (the Military Man), <player> (the Propagandist), and <player> (the Doublespeaker) to make someone "disappear" each night.

Your goal is to eliminate the terrorist militant guy and equal or outnumber the Rebel Alliance.

By the way, don't forget to PM Pseudo if you're not using your ability! This will allow the nights to end sooner.
Role PM wrote:You are the Military Man! You are the angry and buff face of the totalitarian government. Each night, you can beat someone up and leave them unrecognizable, making them cardflip black until the next night. You will also conspire with your fellow corrupt politicians, <player> (the Dictator), <player> (the Propagandist), and <player> (the Doublespeaker) to make someone "disappear" each night.

Your goal is to eliminate the terrorist militant guy and equal or outnumber the Rebel Alliance.

By the way, don't forget to PM Pseudo if you're not using your ability! This will allow the nights to end sooner.
Role PM wrote:You are the Propagandist! You are the head of this totalitarian government's relentless propaganda machine. Each night, you can release a message to the public that will be displayed the next day. This message can contain up to 250 characters of whatever message you'd like to present. However, this message will be indistinguishable from those released by the Conspiracy Theorist who opposes you. You will also conspire with your fellow corrupt politicians, <player> (the Dictator), <player> (the Military Man), and <player> (the Doublespeaker) to make someone "disappear" each night.

Role PM wrote:You are the Doublespeaker! You are a low-level politician obsessed with committing small acts of voter fraud. During the day, instead of voting in the game thread, you may vote by sending Pseudo a PM containing your real lynch target. You are still allowed to fake votes in the thread, but they will not be counted. You will also conspire with your fellow corrupt politicians, <player> (the Dictator), <player> (the Military Man), and <player> (the Propagandist) to make someone "disappear" each night.

Role PM wrote:You are the Goodguy Politician, the only honest politician left in this corrupt nation. Although you've sided with the brave Rebel Alliance, you still have connections with the government, so you can ask for a favor every night and learn the color of one player of your choice.

Your goal is to eliminate the terrorist militant guy and the Corrupt Politicians.

Role PM wrote:You are the Commando! You are an ordinary citizen who has taken up arms against the corrupt government. Each night, you can storm into someone's house and kill them. If you kill one of your allies in the Rebel Alliance, however, you will be demoralized and unwilling to do anything on the next night.

Your goal is to eliminate the terrorist militant guy and the Corrupt Politicians.

Role PM wrote:You are the Conspiracy Theorist! You're a little crazy, but probably overall right in your stance against the corrupt government of your small nation. Each night, you can release a message to the public that will be displayed the next day. This message can contain up to 250 characters of whatever message you'd like to present. However, this message will be indistinguishable from those released by the Propagandist who opposes you.

Role PM wrote:You are the Rebel Medic! You are a brave member of the Rebel Alliance who seeks to help their fellow citizen in their campaign against the corrupt government. Each night, you can visit one player and protect them from being night killed (you are too busy treating others to treat yourself, by the way). If the player was going to be killed, the following message will be displayed during the next day phase:
Medic message wrote:Someone tried to kill <player> last night, but a brave medic came to their aid!

Role PM wrote:You are the Hippie! You just want everyone to live together in harmony, maaan... Each night, you can prepare to protest outside one player's house, preventing that player from voting on the next day. They will receive the following host PM:
Hippie message wrote:You wake up to see a smelly-looking hippie protesting out in front of your house. You don't really want to deal with them, and decide not to vote today. (please do not write in bold red text during this day phase, unless you're the Doublespeaker)

Role PM wrote:You are a concerned citizen. You're just a regular person who doesn't like the government much but also isn't really doing anything special to help the rebels, you know?

You might have no morals, but you can't say for sure.

Role PM wrote:You are the terrorist militant guy! You've been a rebel longer than any of the other rebels, but you don't really care for them any more than you do the government. In fact, you really just want to get rid of all of them. Each night, you can kill one player. If someone tries to kill you during the night, you will call upon one of your medics to save you (automatically), preventing your death and displaying the following message on the next day:
Medic message wrote:Someone tried to kill <player> last night, but a brave medic came to their aid!
Your goal is to be the last player standing.

Players
1. Ness-Wednesday
2. PixelPest
3. Zeldamaster12
4. RezsurXion
5. MECHDRAGON777
6. MosaicMario
7. TNTtimelord
8. Spinda
9. PaperPlayerX
10. Waddle Derp
11. ExKyo
12. Sanct
13. Nien
14. Bomber57
15. Kyo Saito
16. Supershroom
17. Nuclear_Blaze

Backups

Phases will shift during the evening (in Central European Time) each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta-lynch during the day).

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: M30: We are the 70.58% Player Sign-ups

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm in for a shot.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:29 pm

In

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:06 pm

FINALLY

THE ROCK HAS COME BACK

oops i mean in

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:07 pm

Finally, The Rock has come....

HOME.

*cough* in

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Sure, I guess I will join.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:35 pm

In

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:08 pm

The player names aren't the worst so I'll take a shot at mafia.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Heres to hoping im on the same team as my best furrend. xoxo tnt

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:05 am

I hope i'm mafia ;)

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:36 am

MosaicMario

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:12 am

In

MacheTheFerret
Phanto
Phanto
Pronouns: she/her

Postby MacheTheFerret » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:39 am

in

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:40 am

Lettuce roll

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:59 pm

People seemed to urge that we should start adding slots to our games but then we just barely reach 10 players as it is.

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:19 pm

Ikuze

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Before I join this game, I have a question :
Pseudo-dino wrote:Phases will shift at approximately 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta-lynch during the day).
My time zone is UTC +08:00, it means should I start at midnight? (4:00 AM, sorry if i'm wrong)

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:32 am

Camacho wrote:Before I join this game, I have a question :
Pseudo-dino wrote:Phases will shift at approximately 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta-lynch during the day).
My time zone is UTC +08:00, it means should I start at midnight? (4:00 AM, sorry if i'm wrong)
You don't necessarily need to be online right at the phase change - people play from all kinds of time zones. It looks like you're about 9 hours behind me (well, 15 hours ahead, but you know), so phases will change for you at about 9:00 AM.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:51 am

OK IUN

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Camacho wrote:
Bomber57 wrote:
Nien wrote:
Ragont wrote:
That I don't want to get caught up in any of that
Funky shit goin' down in the city
BIG OL JET AIRLINER

BTW sign up guys since it takes so much effort to get to 15.

Return to “Mafia”