Curious about LunaLua and Online Functions?

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Curious about LunaLua and Online Functions?

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:02 am

So, yeah, I'm a little curious. LunaLua is some pretty amazing stuff. Has anybody been able to do anything with it and online features in SMBX, such as stabilizing SMBX online level design? Or is online functionality one thing its healing magic can't restore? (Note: I'm not actually needing anything to do with online features. If I did, I would've posted this in the Lua help thread. I just wanted to know if anybody had made any progress.)

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: Curious about LunaLua and Online Functions?

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:00 am

mariogeek2 wrote:So, yeah, I'm a little curious. LunaLua is some pretty amazing stuff. Has anybody been able to do anything with it and online features in SMBX, such as stabilizing SMBX online level design? Or is online functionality one thing its healing magic can't restore? (Note: I'm not actually needing anything to do with online features. If I did, I would've posted this in the Lua help thread. I just wanted to know if anybody had made any progress.)
I was told it was easy to fix the online mode of SMBX, it was just not a high priority, but I hope it gets fixed. (I will say this, the only flaws is that you can not test the level, and no custom graphics can be used.)

Kevsoft
Flurry
Flurry

Postby Kevsoft » Mon May 16, 2016 2:30 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:So, yeah, I'm a little curious. LunaLua is some pretty amazing stuff. Has anybody been able to do anything with it and online features in SMBX, such as stabilizing SMBX online level design? Or is online functionality one thing its healing magic can't restore? (Note: I'm not actually needing anything to do with online features. If I did, I would've posted this in the Lua help thread. I just wanted to know if anybody had made any progress.)
I was told it was easy to fix the online mode of SMBX, it was just not a high priority, but I hope it gets fixed. (I will say this, the only flaws is that you can not test the level, and no custom graphics can be used.)
Ehh.. It is not that easy to fix online-mode. However there are plans for making an online-system for PGE.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:48 am

Kevsoft wrote:However there are plans for making an online-system for PGE.
That's great! SMBX has so much potential with online features.

Also, will this "online-system" be limited to the level editor or will it also be usable when playing episodes as well?

Kevsoft
Flurry
Flurry

Postby Kevsoft » Mon May 16, 2016 11:51 am

mariogeek2 wrote: Also, will this "online-system" be limited to the level editor or will it also be usable when playing episodes as well?
For now it will only be limited to the PGE level editor/world editor but maybe extended to gameplay in the future.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Kevsoft wrote:For now it will only be limited to the PGE level editor/world editor but maybe extended to gameplay in the future.
Ok, that's great! Maybe one day users like Bossedit8 and Mechdragon777 will be able to design Touhou levels together.

Return to “LunaLua”