(Harder/Insane) Okiba Magmafall (Updated v1.1)

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

(Harder/Insane) Okiba Magmafall (Updated v1.1)

Postby Alagirez » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 am

A short magma level with Renzor Subconpolis adaption. I will update this level tomorrow. Credits in the GFX folder. Yeah, i tried to make a level wiithout switch blocks. (are you happy now as303298)
Spoiler: show
support darkmecha
I still need to fix the insta-kill phantom placements, fix some dialogues, change the platform, and remove a koopa in section 2. ;) idk if I uploaded the fully fixed version or not :/
Okiba Magmafall Original Version
Okiba Magmafall Lunalua version <------- recommended
Feedback(s) are appreciated.
Last edited by Alagirez on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: (Harder/Insane) Okiba Magmafall

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:26 am

That one night when I saw MECHDRAGON777 play this level, I had a dream with a level with these graphics thus more.
Seriously, this was a beautiful level you made.
The decoration and design is great, I will play this.
Good job Harvey! ;)

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Re: (Crazy/Insane) Okiba Magmafall

Postby RoundPiplup » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:03 am

I liked watching this in the Undeground Contest video. Reactions over reading a username and the "that killed the level."

So far what I've seen, the level is nice(very decorated), though just like what you said in the main post, you should tone down those insta kill blocks(not the lava, those "wolf things idk").

Last thing would be to remove the bat right at the end of the level.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:35 am

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Bugfixed npc-154 without any pink 1x1 pixels:
Also the level looks nice but what gfx did I make?

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Alagirez » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:43 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Bugfixed npc-154 without any pink 1x1 pixels:
Also the level looks nice but what gfx did I make?
Ohhh thank you for that
sorry i didn't use your GFX, i found the NPCs at SMSE, i was edited some of them
Waddle Derp wrote:<DM's demon level>

Nice visuals
thx
RoundPiplup wrote:I liked watching this in the Undeground Contest video. Reactions over reading a username and the "that killed the level."

So far what I've seen, the level is nice(very decorated), though just like what you said in the main post, you should tone down those insta kill blocks(not the lava, those "wolf things idk").

Last thing would be to remove the bat right at the end of the level.
Thank you for the nice comment! i will remove the bat later.
Ness-Wednesday wrote:That one night when I saw MECHDRAGON777 play this level, I had a dream with a level with these graphics thus more.
Seriously, this was a beautiful level you made.
The decoration and design is great, I will play this.
Good job Harvey! ;)
Ohhhh O_O
Thank you for the nice words :D
--------------------------------------------------------------
The update will come tomorrow, i still need to fix the NPC placements and remove some cut-offs. Edit : done.
Last edited by Alagirez on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Okiba Magmafall UPDATED

Postby Alagirez » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Level updated. The updated version requires lunalua to play.
Here

Lighthouse01
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: (Harder/Insane) Okiba Magmafall (Updated v1.1)

Postby Lighthouse01 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:32 pm

i will remove the bat later
(Link retracted)

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Lighthouse01 wrote:i will remove the bat later
(Link retracted)
Don't make posts like this. Keep outside links in your signature (don't advertise your things in others' threads) and stay on topic. This is not the right place to be posting things like this

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Review of Okiba Magmafall

Level Design and Gameplay (weighed 70%): 5.2/10
This level had some interesting elements to it, however I personally didn't find it much fun to play. Although it doesn't have much backtracking, the level seems too long for what it has to offer, which isn't much. The gimmicks used are very shallow, unintuitive, and overused. The insta-kill blocks aren't placed in a very challenging way and are easily avoidable, seeming kind of pointless. The moving platforms move just way too slowly when there are very few obstacles to avoid, as well as the Skull Rafts. One major issue I had with this level was the springboards in cramped areas. Compared to the rest of the level, these areas really spiked in difficulty and seemed a bit unfair. Coin placement also wasn't great, as most of the coins were just clumped together in bunches rather than being spread out more as they should have been. This level's biggest issue was the number of ideas it tried to squeeze in. There were some NPCs that were seen very few times and a great variety of them which was unneeded. I really expected this level to be much longer due to the sheer number of gimmicks it throws at the player and then leaves behind. A lot of the gimmicks had some potential but were used to briefly in a simple, unintuitive manner. The overall layout of the level is quite good though since it does seem kind of adventurous.

Graphics and Sounds (weighed 30%): 5.6/10
Overall, the graphics for this level were pretty good, although it was almost on the side of being over-worked due to the sheer amount of red and yellow covering the screen, especially the seemingly ongoing fight between BGO lava and the lava from the background. For a volcano though, some graphical choices were bad, such as the hills and plants. I think this level would be much more solid if there were no hills or plants inside. It would help develop the atmosphere better (which they now tae away from) in addition to other things. The graphics for the insta-kill blocks were also very poorly done in my opinion. The shading for the spikes needs a lot of work and the outline doesn't go all of the way around, which doesn't look too good. I also don't agree with the music choice for a volcano at all. It was way to joyful, bright, and upbeat for the atmosphere being developed, including the black and purple gas clouds, the red and dark brown rock, and the large amounts of boiling lava.

Overall: 5.32/10 (Average)

Return to “Average”