A Trivial Quest

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Eternity
Snifit
Snifit

A Trivial Quest

Postby Eternity » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:02 pm

quality "logo" that has nothing to do with the project and i totally didnt just make in two mins ;)

Sup guys, this is a thing I've been working on for years a week and only now made a thread for some reason. I was originally going to keep it a secret and stuff but having a thread might somehow motivate me a bit more to work on it (or at least be a bit more active here) so here it is.

It's yet another SMW styled project (woo!). Design-wise it will be rather similar to both SMW and most (good) SMW hacks, as I have a fair bit of experience with SMW hacking. A few other things that might be important:

-I'll be designing all levels myself
-Graphics will be a mix of the original SMW graphics and some custom SMW styled stuff (I'll eventually add everything made by me to my GFX pack btw)
-For music I'll likely be using stuff from SMWC's music section
-Nonlinear overworld (similar to the one in the original SMW), with branching paths/bonus worlds/etc. 8 normal worlds planned, first one is some weird Grass/Sky/Lava mix

Okay, this is already a lot longer than expected so I guess I'll just throw some screens here lol (note: some big screens included)
Spoiler: show
Not all of these are from the actual level start, I just occasionally move in the player start points for testing.

LordYoshi999
Spike
Spike

Re: A Trivial Quest

Postby LordYoshi999 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:06 pm

dang this looks fancy
also you might want to include what worlds there is or something
Last edited by LordYoshi999 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssumday
Bit
Bit
Flair: Nope

Postby ssumday » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Looks very beautiful, simple and original.
Good point: World 1 with sky and lava levels. I played some EPs with only grass levels on world 1, and it's very annoying in my opinion.
I hope you can make all the EP. =)

Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 am

You had me at "another SMW styled project (woo!)". If the rest of the game is going to be as funky as World 1, I can see this will be most interesting indeed. If you need custom stuff you know where to find me. :)

Gameinsky
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Gameinsky » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:49 am

Looking good, I'll be looking forward to this.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:07 pm

The levels seems fun and are well detailed. I like how simple and beautiful this seems, I like the smw graphics. Good job!

Ethereality
Banned

Postby Ethereality » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Wow, that project is amazing. The graphics are very cute! Keep up the work, Eternity!

Return to “Projects”