Underground Puzzle Level

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Underground Puzzle Level

Postby MirzaBM » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:38 am

Hi guys! Today i have a under ground puzzle level and its easy and fun you don't need a checkpoint here too!

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/CG3O8

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mriri7xv05lr6 ... l.lvl?dl=0

Good luck playing!

Duster
Bit
Bit

Re: Underground Puzzle Level

Postby Duster » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm sorry buddy but you aren't going to get anywhere if you close your ears to feedback and pop a level every 5 hours or so.

Villager103
Bit
Bit

Postby Villager103 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:01 am

Dude, you should slow the hell down. Don't rush a level. If you rush a level, the level is usually bad. Also, accept some feedback, otherwise you are just going to be stuck at rock bottom.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Ok, so these are some of my thoughts during this level
In the beginning: "Oh, a generic section where you must blow up some bricks"
I got stuck in this section, and by that I mean I couldn't get out to get another bomb, so I had to place a block to get out.
After that: "Ok, a pipe... OH, GOOD! ANOTHER GENERIC BOMB SECTION, EXCEPT THIS ONES HARDER THAN THE LAST!!!" You have to blow up a wall, which isn't fun. Don't do this
After that: "A section with 3 koopas... why is this even here?" This section is completely useless.
The last part (I'm serious, the last part) "Ok, a section where you use a koopa to break some bricks, cool... I guess."
And then the koopa walks off screen, sending you into a freak out, because you couldn't beat the level, but then
"Oh, he came back... WHY CAN HE EVEN WALK OFF SCREEN!?"
You then use the koopa to break the bricks, and you get a fire flower "Ok, cool"
You then enter a pipe, and the level ends... WHY!? Why do you give the player a fire flower, but then have the level end!?
The only thing I like about this level is the use of the underground blocks, which are pretty good, I guess.
Overall, this isn't a puzzle level, its not fun either. I give it a 1/10.
Video Playthrough:
Spoiler: show

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Review of Underground Puzzle Level
This was not a fun level to play and it wasn't even really a puzzle as the title suggests. The entire level is extremely cramped and bland. The ceilings are really low and there are no coins nor BGOs. There were also other design errors such as the pipe that you use to exit the level which was only the bottom part of the pipe, which did not look very good. Power-ups were also poorly placed, such as the power-up right before the level exit, which didn't make make much sense. The placement of NPCs was alright, but due to the whole level being cramped, some of them were unnecessarily tough to avoid. One instance where Bob-Ombs were being spawned could cause issues: since they cliffturn, many of them can quickly pile up on that one platform, causing possible 1-ul farming (a situation where the player can get many 1-ups at once.) The overall idea of the level wasn't good at all. The idea of getting Bob-Ombs and using them to blow up blocks was very uncreative and boring. It was used in excess throughout the level as the main gimmick and wasn't built upon whatsoever. This meant that almost all of the level had very little variety and wasn't overly fun for the player. The level was also very short. Most of the graphics seemed to fit in the level, including the SMB3 Bob-Ombs, just be careful in the future when mixing styles like that.

0.5/10 (The Trash Can)

MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Postby MirzaBM » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:27 am

PixelPest wrote:Review of Underground Puzzle Level
This was not a fun level to play and it wasn't even really a puzzle as the title suggests. The entire level is extremely cramped and bland. The ceilings are really low and there are no coins nor BGOs. There were also other design errors such as the pipe that you use to exit the level which was only the bottom part of the pipe, which did not look very good. Power-ups were also poorly placed, such as the power-up right before the level exit, which didn't make make much sense. The placement of NPCs was alright, but due to the whole level being cramped, some of them were unnecessarily tough to avoid. One instance where Bob-Ombs were being spawned could cause issues: since they cliffturn, many of them can quickly pile up on that one platform, causing possible 1-ul farming (a situation where the player can get many 1-ups at once.) The overall idea of the level wasn't good at all. The idea of getting Bob-Ombs and using them to blow up blocks was very uncreative and boring. It was used in excess throughout the level as the main gimmick and wasn't built upon whatsoever. This meant that almost all of the level had very little variety and wasn't overly fun for the player. The level was also very short. Most of the graphics seemed to fit in the level, including the SMB3 Bob-Ombs, just be careful in the future when mixing styles like that.

0.5/10 (The Trash Can)
Again? Well check your pm and see that this level is still in you project and it's in trash. What????

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:38 am

MirzaBM wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Spoiler: show
Review of Underground Puzzle Level

0.5/10 (The Trash Can)
Again? Well check your pm and see that this level is still in you project and it's in trash. What????
You may have sent me this level for my project, however I didn't approve it

Return to “The Trash Can”