Desert Level

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Desert Level

Postby MirzaBM » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:18 pm

Hello i fixed the level and heres the fixed link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrec5fuq90y2e ... 9.rar?dl=0

Here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/GVB4k

Note: Some of these graphics are in a project thats wip but its not stealed or anything like that but these graphics are gonna be in my graphic box but not all graphics have been used.

Also i'm a newbie level maker so thats why they look bad but i have a secret exit here but secret means none would show that but before you post remember that do not reveal the secret exit.

O and also on screenshots there is a unused keyhole out of nowere but i removed that when before i posted the download.

On the images there is something that says i'm a newbie graphic creator BUT that only the preview of my graphic box project.

You don't need a checkpoint in this easy level because why should i place it? Its easy or you can simply add a checkpoint yourself.
Last edited by MirzaBM on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: Desert Level

Postby Mable » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:56 pm

1. What's with the strange yellowing
2. How do you even end the level if you end up from the pipe, where you removed the keyhole??
3. Why did you even block off the goal?????
4.¯\_ツ_/¯

MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Postby MirzaBM » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 am

Tinkerbell wrote:1. What's with the strange yellowing
2. How do you even end the level if you end up from the pipe, where you removed the keyhole??
4.¯\_ツ_/¯
1. What yellowing
2. I removed a keyhole near a koopa at his left and you end up from the pipe by clicking the p-switch
3. You need to get into that small hole in which is the p-switch to unblock the goal
4. :)

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:13 pm

MirzaBM wrote:
4.¯\_ツ_/¯
1. What yellowing
2. I removed a keyhole near a koopa at his left and you end up from the pipe by clicking the p-switch
3. You need to get into that small hole in which is the p-switch to unblock the goal
I think Tinkerbell is referring to the NPCs and blocks that you recoloured to yellow.
If you are using Paint.Net, I would recommend using the recolour tool instead of the paint bucket.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:58 pm

For cgfx, you really need to start using paint.net, as those yellow goombas have 1x1 pixels all over them

MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Postby MirzaBM » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:35 am

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
MirzaBM wrote:
4.¯\_ツ_/¯
1. What yellowing
I think Tinkerbell is referring to the NPCs and blocks that you recoloured to yellow.
If you are using Paint.Net, I would recommend using the recolour tool instead of the paint bucket.
Why recoler? Paint bucket is easier to use.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:40 am

The recolour tool does the job better

MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Postby MirzaBM » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:50 am

PixelPest wrote:The recolour tool does the job better
Okey i will start using recoler tool.

TDK
Foo
Foo

Postby TDK » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:46 pm

MirzaBM wrote:
I've played the level, and there's one important thing I should mention.
NEVER have Lakitu throw SMW Lakitus. Seriously, it makes the game lag very quickly, and it adds NOTHING to the level.
You should remove that major flaw.
The rest of the level wasn't good either (it has a lot of cutoffs and poor NPC placement).
Score: 0.5/10
I would suggest redoing the level.

MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Postby MirzaBM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:36 am

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
MirzaBM wrote:
NEVER have Lakitu throw SMW Lakitus. Seriously, it makes the game lag very quickly, and it adds NOTHING to the level.
The rest of the level wasn't good either (it has a lot of cutoffs and poor NPC placement).
O my god. Why did you act like a level judge?

Cheeyev
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Cheeyev » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:11 am

MirzaBM wrote:
TheDinoKing432 wrote:
MirzaBM wrote:
TheDinoKing432 gave out a very good point, and if anything, it makes your level far worse, and he was simply reviewing your level, and to be fair, there's barely anything that's good about this level (The only good thing being the layout of it which is actually somewhat okayish), and I've played it as well. I don't want to be harsh, but your level is pretty terrible.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:27 am

MirzaBM wrote:
TheDinoKing432 wrote:
MirzaBM wrote:
Bc not only level judges can judge levels. Normal people can do that also it's called an unofficial review also.

OH MY GOD WHY DON'T YOU TAKE HIS FEEDBACK INSTEAD OF UGNORING IT????

Gameinsky
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Gameinsky » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 am

Heh, the golden bricks could actually be used as some kind of midas-bricks.
The rest of the recolours are a complete eyesore though, but worry not. You'll get better.

MyNameIsEric2016
Banned

Postby MyNameIsEric2016 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:50 am

Well, the graphics is not that bad, design as well...
When i gonna have a free time, i gonna play it, maybe i can help you.

TDK
Foo
Foo

Postby TDK » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:01 pm

MirzaBM wrote:
TheDinoKing432 wrote:
MirzaBM wrote:
Because your level was bad, and I wanted to give my opinion.

Actually, I would like to ask a question. Why did you have lakitus throwing lakitus in the first place? It doesn't work as an enemy as it out of the way and can't hurt the player. The only explanation I have, is that you accidentally did the method to access the secret NPC tab, and you didn't test the level to find that it caused the lakitu to throw lakitus.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:42 pm

What TheDinoKing432 did was completely acceptable. People are always welcome to do unoffical reviews to provide feedback

MirzaBM
Bit
Bit

Postby MirzaBM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:27 pm

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
MirzaBM wrote:
TheDinoKing432 wrote: I've played the level, and there's one important thing I should mention.
Because your level was bad, and I wanted to give my opinion.

Actually, I would like to ask a question. Why did you have lakitus throwing lakitus in the first place? It doesn't work as an enemy as it out of the way and can't hurt the player. The only explanation I have, is that you accidentally did the method to access the secret NPC tab, and you didn't test the level to find that it caused the lakitu to throw lakitus.
I totally didn't see that lakitu thing now i'm fixing the level.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:43 am

Review of Desert Level

Starting in the desert section, there's custom graphic npcs, which look really ugly. The same happens with design, which is flat and bland, has cutoffs on background objects, bullet shooters and the pipe and emeny placements are really bad. There's no coins placed and no pipes, except two ones, which were at the end of the section, but only for a warp use. The next section is not as good as the first one - it's way worse. Besides koopas, which were the same in the first section, the SMB3 goomba pallets are really bad. The design is the same - bland and boring, except it's not connected to desert-themed, because of music playing sm64 desert theme. Coins and emenies are placed very badly here.

overall, this level is really bad. 0/10. You should look at the 'smbx guide to spriting' topic in help and support forum some levels in 'the best' subforum so you can improve your skills.

Return to “The Trash Can”