Fog Gardens (Updated and Fixed)

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
TanookiMan
Swooper
Swooper

Fog Gardens (Updated and Fixed)

Postby TanookiMan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:58 am

FOG GARDENS

Well , i removed some bad things (Switch Blocks) in this level !!! This time I'm so really satisfied. :D

Screenshots :

Download Link :

MediaFire : Note : Please copy the link and paste in the Search Bar because it's not working automatically.
Last edited by TanookiMan on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fog Gardens (Final Version)

Postby Waddle » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:10 am

It looks really nice, but a little generic.
Try something fun, and innovative!

And for the love of god, STOP using switch blocks to make your level longer.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:11 pm

It looks pretty good, but I suggest, before this happens more and more, stop using switches to make your level longer. Try to find silly little gimmicks to use instead. Honestly, it will make your levels much more enjoyable too.

TanookiMan
Swooper
Swooper

Postby TanookiMan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm so happy that you like of the level and that you give-me suggestions,I will make some changes in level and
Will post here.

PopYoshi
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Re: Fog Gardens (Updated and Fixed)

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Wait a minute, is not this the first level of your project?

ShadowTreecko
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby ShadowTreecko » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:51 am

I really liked this level. I liked how its laid out and all the details! The only problem I have with this level is the baseballs that are right next to the fire flowers, imo they weren't really needed.

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Official Review: Fog Gardens

This is a rather pleasant level. The design and gameplay are rather basic, but the construction feels very natural with a nice attention to detail to make this an enjoyable run. There's not a lot of variation here to speak of, mostly consisting of hills and jumps, but the level does a fine job with enemy placements and obstacle arrangements for an easy grassland. I think you could have done more with it than just tunnels of land, like taking further advantage of pipes and sizables to make the player do more complicated running and jumping without necessarily adding to the danger, but as it is the level is pretty functional and sturdy with how it performs. Sizables and pipes add a small amount to the gameplay as they are now, but are decent touches nonetheless.

The only things about the gameplay that bugged me a bit were the non-exit star placements. The pipe leading to Section 3's doesn't stand out at all as something worth exploring, and should have a little side goal attached to it or more clever form of hiding. Give it its own setup so that it looks suspicious. The Dragon Coins are fine and reasonably simple, but the first one isn't linked to the star event properly and the location of the star itself should be indicated better. Perhaps consider putting it closer to the final coin, or have something that makes its current location more obvious even if it's not there. For example, a star outline, or a more noteworthy arrangement around it that looks more devoted to it. I also feel like the baseballs are unnecessary, because I'd rather defeat enemies normally than babysit an item that serves a single tiny optional purpose, but it's also harmless and can be ignored if a player so desires.

Graphically, the level does a super nice job. The tileset's really pretty, the clouds and internal bushes really add to the ground and sky without being excessive, the bushes and sizables match the surroundings wonderfully and are given a good amount, and the birds compliment the cheerful atmosphere. Both the background and music match exactly the happy mood that this level conveys.

Overall, this is a nice level. It sets a great mood, it's not difficult at all, it provides solid design, and the effort clearly shows. It isn't the most original or engaging level and could stand to be a little more complex, but it's enjoyable for what it is, especially if an easier time is the intention.

I give this a 6/10. Pretty Good.

DarkDragon94
Swooper
Swooper

Postby DarkDragon94 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:11 am

Really the level was very good do not know how you got the tileset, really means great but good, keep it up! Creating incredible levels

Return to “Pretty Good”