Give me a week.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby Yoshi021 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Marina wrote:You guys are honestly too much.

Give me a week.
UnRIP Vanilla Episode

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Marina wrote:You guys are honestly too much.

Give me a week.
YES! Finally, a release schedule. Now, I can be patient and wait.

I'm really glad you're designing an episode (It will probably be better than anything I could have made), but at the same time, I'm kind of sad. I was so hyped to be making the episode with everyone's help, but alas, fate decided it would not be so. It's probably for the better, anyways, as my time is very limited.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat May 14, 2016 2:24 pm

mariogeek2 wrote: YES! Finally, a release schedule. Now, I can be patient and wait.

What... you could been patient before but ok.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Tinkerbell wrote: What... you could been patient before but ok.
I find it really hard to be patient if I don't know when something's coming. But if I do know when it's coming, for whatever reason, it makes it real easy to me to patiently wait for it to arrive.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 14, 2016 2:30 pm

I like how you're taking pride in being so annoying that you made Marina not want to ever see you make a game out of this.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Enjl wrote:I like how you're taking pride in being so annoying that you made Marina not want to ever see you make a game out of this.
Being properly annoying is an art. You've got to be clever enough to get people annoyed, but be interesting enough to keep people engaged. It's a balancing act.

(P.S. I'm just joking. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be annoying. I just wanted the episode. Since Marina had left, I was going to make it myself or get others to.)

Also, as a side note, it's amazing how well I've been able to keep this topic on life support using just the right replies.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:58 pm

That's nice, but if anyone's making this episode, it should be the one who hosted the contest. You had no right to take the initiative to make the episode just because of impatience, not to mention you didn't even ask Marina first.

btw hi marina

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:That's nice, but if anyone's making this episode, it should be the one who hosted the contest. You had no right to take the initiative to make the episode just because of impatience, not to mention you didn't even ask Marina first.

btw hi marina
I didn't take the initiative to make the episode because of impatience. Impatience had nothing to do with it. If I had been told, "The episode is being worked on right now, and we have no clue when it'll be released", I would've been fine with it. The reason I was making it and the reason I didn't ask Marina was because everybody had told me that Marina had left the SMBX forums because of life issues. That's why I was so suprised he responded to Mechdragon's comment.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Just because Marina wasn't going to make the episode doesn't mean it gives you the right to make it without his consent.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Sat May 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:btw hi marina
hiiiii c:

also spoilers

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Just because Marina wasn't going to make the episode doesn't mean it gives you the right to make it without his consent.
Well, how was I supposed to contact him if he had left? He wouldn't have responded to my private messages, would he? (Am I just being a complete idiot? I think I am) The only reason I didn't ask was because I was under the impression he wouldn't respond since he had left.

Look, I'm sorry for starting work on the episode without Marina's permission, but as far as I could tell it had been officially dropped and was going to go into oblivion. I said something about the episode in the CC12 topic (How hyped I was for it), and Tinkerbell said it was cancelled since Marina left (Which I didn't know). I started looking for the levels (To be given to whoever was going to design the episode), and as people sent me a level or two, it was naturally assumed I was working on it. I assumed the role, and started looking for designers to help me. Mechdragon, Linik, and Ness-Wednesday all wanted to help. The idea I was creating the episode was met with generally positive criticism, and no administrators had responded, much less said I was doing anything wrong. Then Marina responded. And I showed him nothing but respect, and when he said he was creating the episode, I didn't meet with any opposition. I'm sorry if I did anything wrong.

Marina has my full support. Mechdragon and Linik are both veterans of the community, and they didn't ever criticize my actions, so I didn't think twice about it.

EDIT: Hi, Marina. Those spoilers look pretty great. I think the episode is in fine hands.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil

Postby Marina » Sat May 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Oh don't worry I'm gonna go back into oblivion once the episode is done, I'm just here because people complained that they didn't want Mechdragon to do it.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Oh hey I designed one of these screens

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Sat May 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Are these CGFX I see???

Marina
Cecil
Cecil

Postby Marina » Sat May 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Spinda wrote:Are these CGFX I see???
It literally say so on the containers containing CGFX, are you literally illiterate?

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Marina wrote:Oh don't worry I'm gonna go back into oblivion once the episode is done, I'm just here because people complained that they didn't want Mechdragon to do it.
I had no clue. As far as I could tell, he's generally met with positive reception, and his levels usually score pretty high in contests. Nobody had complained to me about him designing some of it.

Also, okay. I'll guess we'll never see you again. Best to go out with a bang.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat May 14, 2016 3:54 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:As far as I could tell, he's generally met with positive reception, and his levels usually score pretty high in contests. Nobody had complained to me about him designing some of it.
If you mean MECHDRAGON777, alot of people didn't want him to because of some of the older levels until Sanctuary fortress 2 make them consider him a bad designer, but seeing his levels afterwards besides his entry to this contest, I could've trusted him it would be good.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote: If you mean MECHDRAGON777, alot of people didn't want him to because of some of the older levels until Sanctuary fortress 2 make them consider him a bad designer, but seeing his levels afterwards besides his entry to this contest, I could've trusted him it would be good.
Oh, that explains it all. Well, nothing to do but wait for the episode.

Just curious, how would you all feel about a trailer for it? I can make one within a week's time.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Nobody holds any ownership of the 2015 levels as a whole or the right to make an episode out of them. I put them up, so anyone is allowed to do what they want with them (unless one of the 2015 participants decides they want their level taken out, but we'll deal with that if it comes up).

I'd like for the people in this thread (mainly zlaker, Marina, and Enjl) to ease up on mariogeek2 and all of the others who wanted to make an episode. Y'all are getting too emotional over something that's ultimately not worth getting upset over, not to mention acting exclusionary. If someone has the 2016 levels and wants to make an episode out of them, they can. Whether or not it'll be labeled "LOL OFFICIAL SVLC 2016 EPISODE" is up to the contest host and the staff, but Marina apparently didn't look like he cared with all of this "I'm leaving" stuff. That was kind of the reason this was brought up, anyway; if you, Marina, hadn't said you were "leaving" then there would be no conflict.

Return to “Level Contests”