SVLC 2016

Official community level contests.
mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: SVLC 2016

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:24 pm

All right, guess that's settled. Just so everyone knows, I'm actually glad Marina is making this, as he's had a lot more experience than me. I'm just not happy it had to happen this way.

One more thing I wanted to point out. This has been the saltiest contest in quite a long time. Like seriously, it's as if the topic is cursed or something. There's been so many controversies in it (I won't go into detail, or list them all) that have not been related to one another that I'm wondering if perhaps it maybe shouldn't just be locked right now to make sure there's not another salt overflow.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Sat May 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Well I was planning on leaving but Valtteri complained that he didn't want certain other people to make the episode so I stepped in and decided to do it myself after all. I also never said that mariogeek2 was somehow not qualified enough or anything to make the episode, that was all him. I wouldn't have minded if someone else had done the episode, but by now like 3 people complained to me about someone else making the episode, so I decided to do it myself to prevent further complaints.

Also I don't mind this thread being locked until the episode is done. By now most of the turmoil about the results has subsided anyways.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:48 pm

May I know what is wrong with me trying to offer help? I hope the judges levels will be fun! I am looking forward. Most to their levels...

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Marina wrote:Well I was planning on leaving but Valtteri complained that he didn't want certain other people to make the episode so I stepped in and decided to do it myself after all. I wouldn't have minded if someone else had done the episode, but by now like 3 people complained to me about someone else making the episode, so I decided to do it myself to prevent further complaints.
It sucks that you had to be brought out of SMBX retirement by guys who didn't want the episode to be designed by "certain other people".
I also never said that mariogeek2 was somehow not qualified enough or anything to make the episode, that was all him.
I will admit, it was all me. He never said anything negative about me.
By now most of the turmoil about the results has subsided anyways.
You're forgetting the curse of the SVLC 2016 salt cycle, where it'll rise, reach a peak, subside, and go back to step 1. The turmoil has subsided for now, but it shall rise.

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:35 am

Marina wrote:Well I was planning on leaving but Valtteri complained that he didn't want certain other people to make the episode so I stepped in and decided to do it myself after all. I also never said that mariogeek2 was somehow not qualified enough or anything to make the episode, that was all him. I wouldn't have minded if someone else had done the episode, but by now like 3 people complained to me about someone else making the episode, so I decided to do it myself to prevent further complaints.

Also I don't mind this thread being locked until the episode is done. By now most of the turmoil about the results has subsided anyways.
-Edit- Nvm my first comment

As for the episode itself, have the other judges created a SVLC level aside from me? And if you need help constructing the episode itself...I imagine the judges wouldn't mind lending a hand since you have no interest in the matter anyway.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:23 pm

as303298 wrote:
Marina wrote:Well I was planning on leaving but Valtteri complained that he didn't want certain other people to make the episode so I stepped in and decided to do it myself after all. I also never said that mariogeek2 was somehow not qualified enough or anything to make the episode, that was all him. I wouldn't have minded if someone else had done the episode, but by now like 3 people complained to me about someone else making the episode, so I decided to do it myself to prevent further complaints.

-Edit- Nvm my first comment

As for the episode itself, have the other judges created a SVLC level aside from me? And if you need help constructing the episode itself...I imagine the judges wouldn't mind lending a hand since you have no interest in the matter anyway.
Actually, I know bossedit8 made a level. I think this is a great idea.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I think this is a great idea.
Agreed. The judges for the contest are all veterans of the community, and generally praised designers. Plus Marina is pretty stretched thin. The episode is a lot of work to do in just a week.

liamsjunk
Spiny
Spiny

Postby liamsjunk » Thu May 26, 2016 3:08 pm

i have officially given up now that i realized whenever i try too do something productive it leads to failure.(and not just smbx)

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Thu May 26, 2016 3:17 pm

liamsjunk wrote:i have officially given up now that i realized whenever i try too do something productive it leads to failure.(and not just smbx)
why are you posting this here?

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Well, now that this topic is active a little bit, I guess it's time to play a little game called:

"When is the episode coming out?"

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Thu May 26, 2016 3:29 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:Well, now that this topic is active a little bit, I guess it's time to play a little game called:

mariogeek2 Past once posted this wrote: Be patient.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Well, now that this topic is active a little bit, I guess it's time to play a little game called:

mariogeek2 Past once posted this wrote: Be patient.
Touche, Tinkerbell. Touche...

liamsjunk
Spiny
Spiny

Postby liamsjunk » Fri May 27, 2016 8:53 am

no idea 0_0

is my course still in the contest or not?
Last edited by Shadow Yoshi on Fri May 27, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. Please use the edit button next time.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:22 am

liamsjunk wrote:is my course still in the contest or not?
You were disqualified for using SMBX 1.4 to make the level.

liamsjunk
Spiny
Spiny

Postby liamsjunk » Fri May 27, 2016 9:45 am

welp, guess its my fault for thinking 1.4 was the latest version '-.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri May 27, 2016 9:55 am

liamsjunk wrote:welp, guess its my fault for thinking 1.4 was the latest version '-.
You may only submit one .lvl file. As this is a vanilla contest, we want the levels to be made for vanilla SMBX. Using custom graphics, custom music, SMBX 1.4, LunaDLL or LunaLua is not permitted. Feel free to send in levels using these, but be aware that the level will be judged without them. It is permitted to use PGE to make the level.

Return to “Level Contests”