MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: Community Contest 12 - TOP 3!

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:52 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote: Even if they didn't have them or deleted them, we could get them from the contestants.
Some of us delete our levels after we send them in... I still have both of mine, but still...
Well, they had to upload it to a file-sharing website (like MediaFire) and PM the url to the contest organizer, so even if they did delete them, all they'd have to do is redownload it or PM the url to the episode creator.
except I use Sendspace for contests... Others may as well...

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri May 13, 2016 12:34 am

Tbh the svlc was a disaster and i wouldn't want it to be episode just to replay da salt. Marina already deleted the levels anyway pretty sure about this

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Fri May 13, 2016 6:18 am

Wait, Marina left the forums? Wow I'm behind ;3;

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Fri May 13, 2016 7:50 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Tbh the svlc was a disaster and i wouldn't want it to be episode just to replay da salt. Marina already deleted the levels anyway pretty sure about this
Why? I think there were a lot of great levels in there, like the one by Enjl and Pyro. I think an episode for it would be neat.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 am

I would like only play certain levels and those who wraith gave an unfair rating. Not the bgo spam ones tho or the terrible ones.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:03 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Some of us delete our levels after we send them in... I still have both of mine, but still...
Well, they had to upload it to a file-sharing website (like MediaFire) and PM the url to the contest organizer, so even if they did delete them, all they'd have to do is redownload it or PM the url to the episode creator.
Well, what is the expiration length on files uploaded to send-space? (Also, wasn't sendspace banned by Joey?) If it's a long time, we can still get them before they expire.
Tinkerbell wrote:Tbh the svlc was a disaster and i wouldn't want it to be episode just to replay da salt.
The contest ITSELF was pretty bad. The levels were actually pretty good, like PixelPest's. No need to trash them simply because the contest was a crap show.
Tinkerbell wrote:I would like only play certain levels and those who wraith gave an unfair rating. Not the bgo spam ones tho or the terrible ones.
Well, we could have the "bgo spam ones or the terrible ones" have no stars, and be completely unnecessary to play. Like the bottom Tier of Tower of Biased 5, with the three joke levels. Those had no stars, and there was no progression or advancement from playing them.

And even if they were necessary, there's nothing saying you have to play the episode. You can just download it, and play the levels you want to play through the level editor.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri May 13, 2016 3:06 pm

So who's that other person which you mentioned has all the levels?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote: Well, they had to upload it to a file-sharing website (like MediaFire) and PM the url to the contest organizer, so even if they did delete them, all they'd have to do is redownload it or PM the url to the episode creator.
Well, what is the expiration length on files uploaded to send-space? (Also, wasn't sendspace banned by Joey?) If it's a long time, we can still get them before they expire.
Tinkerbell wrote:Tbh the svlc was a disaster and i wouldn't want it to be episode just to replay da salt.
The contest ITSELF was pretty bad. The levels were actually pretty good, like PixelPest's. No need to trash them simply because the contest was a crap show.
Tinkerbell wrote:I would like only play certain levels and those who wraith gave an unfair rating. Not the bgo spam ones tho or the terrible ones.
Well, we could have the "bgo spam ones or the terrible ones" have no stars, and be completely unnecessary to play. Like the bottom Tier of Tower of Biased 5, with the three joke levels. Those had no stars, and there was no progression or advancement from playing them.

And even if they were necessary, there's nothing saying you have to play the episode. You can just download it, and play the levels you want to play through the level editor.
Mine is pretty much all three you guys mentioned, if only I didn't go far with enemies and take the boss challenge idea so seriously and spam exact copies or such, so you go me there. XP

Also, what Enjl said, and fact I don't know who we are talking about when it comes to getting all 42 levels, however I know we have some released on the forums already, we just need the rest and one could take place over Marina.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:11 pm

So who's that other person which you mentioned has all the levels?
I was talking about the level designers, themselves.
Last edited by mariogeek2 on Fri May 13, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri May 13, 2016 3:12 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:U know, there's some 1 else that has all the levels.
Sorry, this sounded like you were talking about one person.

Anyways, have fun contacting everyone^^

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Enjl wrote:

I won't have to contact everyone (Thankfully), as some have already uploaded their levels up to the levels forum. But hopefully it won't be too hard. Let's hope the rest respond.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri May 13, 2016 3:21 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
Enjl wrote:

I won't have to contact everyone (Thankfully), as some have already uploaded their levels up to the levels forum. But hopefully it won't be too hard. Let's hope the rest respond.
There are only 14 though, 2 are in the pretty good section and the other 12 are between pages 1 and 2.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:
Enjl wrote: Sorry, this sounded like you were talking about one person.

There are only 14 though, 2 are in the pretty good section and the other 12 are between pages 1 and 2.
Well, guess I'd better get busy then.

BTW, are we absolutely sure that all of the contest judges and contest hosts deleted all of the submissions they got, or am I being a complete idiot and users like Bossedit8 or Joey have still got them and all we need to do is ask them if they can send them to us?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:32 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote: I won't have to contact everyone (Thankfully), as some have already uploaded their levels up to the levels forum. But hopefully it won't be too hard. Let's hope the rest respond.
Well, guess I'd better get busy then.

BTW, are we absolutely sure that all of the contest judges and contest hosts deleted all of the submissions they got, or am I being a complete idiot and users like Bossedit8 or Joey have still got them and all we need to do is ask them if they can send them to us?
You need to contact all of the judges because they were making a level for it as well, but I know bossedit8 has them. (I asked).

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby CopyLeft » Fri May 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Woah, Marina left the forums? Well, that puts a damper in the day.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:23 pm

A Goat wrote:Woah, Marina left the forums? Well, that puts a damper in the day.
I know. It sucks, right? Marina was such an integral part of the SMBX community.
Mechdragon wrote:You need to contact all of the judges because they were making a level for it as well, but I know bossedit8 has them. (I asked).
Ok. Thanks. It looks like I'll be contacting bossedit8 then.

Well, the good news is, 15 down, and only 39 to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get both contests' levels. However, if I can't get the levels from the first contest, we can just make an episode based off of the second contest, and, after several years, pull another Tower of Biased Zero.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
A Goat wrote:Woah, Marina left the forums? Well, that puts a damper in the day.
I know. It sucks, right? Marina was such an integral part of the SMBX community.
Mechdragon wrote:You need to contact all of the judges because they were making a level for it as well, but I know bossedit8 has them. (I asked).
Ok. Thanks. It looks like I'll be contacting bossedit8 then.

Well, the good news is, 15 down, and only 39 to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get both contests' levels. However, if I can't get the levels from the first contest, we can just make an episode based off of the second contest, and, after several years, pull another Tower of Biased Zero.
I sent you both of my SVLC contest levels, and I may not be here for longs from last year.

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:44 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Well, the good news is, 15 down, and only 39 to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get both contests' levels. However, if I can't get the levels from the first contest, we can just make an episode based off of the second contest, and, after several years, pull another Tower of Biased Zero.
I sent you both of my SVLC contest levels, and I may not be here for longs from last year.
Ok, thanks Mechdragon. You've already saved me from so much work that I would've had to have done.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:49 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Well, the good news is, 15 down, and only 39 to go. Hopefully I'll be able to get both contests' levels. However, if I can't get the levels from the first contest, we can just make an episode based off of the second contest, and, after several years, pull another Tower of Biased Zero.
Ok, thanks Mechdragon. You've already saved me from so much work that I would've had to have done.
Want me to send you the links of all SVLCs that were posted in the level forum?

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Re: Community Contest 12 - Topic Derailed

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:53 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote: Want me to send you the links of all SVLCs that were posted in the level forum?
You do not have to. I'm perfectly capable of finding them on my own. If you want to do this, however, I would really appreciate the help.

Return to “Level Contests”