Airship Attack 2

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Airship Attack 2

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:45 pm

I am looking forward to this. I am almost finished with the original airship attack, and it was great. I hope this one does just as well or better.

The maps definitely look better, and the fact that you used the green star system from SM3DW is an interesting concept to bring into SMBX.

I do think it is a shame there is an apparent lack of links between worlds like the original, although you have only got the first 3 worlds done in the beta.

Anyway, I am also posting to ensure that this does not become forgotten and lost.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 am

King of Eterity wrote:I am looking forward to this. I am almost finished with the original airship attack, and it was great. I hope this one does just as well or better.

The maps definitely look better, and the fact that you used the green star system from SM3DW is an interesting concept to bring into SMBX.

I do think it is a shame there is an apparent lack of links between worlds like the original, although you have only got the first 3 worlds done in the beta.

Anyway, I am also posting to ensure that this does not become forgotten and lost.
I can assure from what I have seen, this will not be forgotten. I enjoyed he first beta, albeit I was shocked that it became public beta... Either way, the screenshots, and screenshareing was nice. Can not to see if you redesign the map since SMBXpanded came out a few hours ago...

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

I want to say a few things about the mystery house.
I feel that the time limit is a bit short. I found it frustrating that I constantly failed to beat it. Yes, I understand that we need to make sure it is not too easy with 2 players but you do also need to consider the players playing 1 player mode. Or...
I think the time limit should stop once the star appears, not when it is collected (exclude stars that exist already). Surely if you complete an objective, you've completed it, and does not require claiming the prize to fully complete.

And what is this?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Update!
Seems like World 2 is done for now except for the level names and some other level names on the first world aswell but it's still in it's early beta so everyone can suggest me what to like, add into the game like name suggestions or anything like that. No extensions like lunalua involved! (...yet...)
Spoiler: show
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/yhwIILX.png

Download Airship Attack 2 ~ Earlybeta - v0.03 here!

Enjoy your time and feedback~!

King of Eterity wrote:I feel that the time limit is a bit short. I found it frustrating that I constantly failed to beat it. Yes, I understand that we need to make sure it is not too easy with 2 players but you do also need to consider the players playing 1 player mode. Or...
I think the time limit should stop once the star appears, not when it is collected (exclude stars that exist already). Surely if you complete an objective, you've completed it, and does not require claiming the prize to fully complete.
It's supposed to be challenging and also everything's tested on 1 player to begin with. I probably check as of what I can do with the timer itself to make sure a regular SMBX player can beat it with their regular fashion instead of someone who's already super good at it and such. I see what I can do.

About the timer not be able to be stopped after the green star appears, that's how SM3DW did so that won't be changed.
King of Eterity wrote:And what is this?
Spoiler: show
Hahaha~! Someone actually discovered that via the editor that this box exists. This box as of why I put it like that in the editor, it's supposed to be the ingame's border which basically means once you're in the world map you see borders around it so during the editor which is in PGE, after I finished portion of the world map I move these music boxes around as of where the pathing and levels are and drag it like that so I can remove unnecessary junk outside later on to have more space for later worlds aka don't waste a lot of spacing in general.~ Good discovery though. Wouldn't really thought you would of found something like that in the editor, haha~!
Last edited by bossedit8 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NicoBros
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Heh.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby NicoBros » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:10 pm

I liked AA1. And my level, Snowy Island will appear in AA2 :). OF COURSE I WILL DOWNLOAD AA2! (Waiting for full game)

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Well, seems like I had to reconfigure the download link... it's fixed for now~.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:21 pm

I can't download the update, it says link not found.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:09 pm

King of Eterity wrote:I can't download the update, it says link not found.
The download should work... I don't know why it doesn't show up for you.

Super Mario Channel
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Super Mario Channel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:13 pm

bossedit8 wrote:

1.) I can't wait for this!
2.) HOLY CRAP! IT"S CHOCOLA!!!!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Hani
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Hani » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 pm

Honesty it looks great. How come it's hard for me to make good layers and events? ;w;

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:19 am

bossedit8 wrote:

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFVM4FKUkMs
oh snap...
the level that was in the trailer was also in koopalings castle contest 2
fricking excited

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:36 am

Catastrophe wrote:How come it's hard for me to make good layers and events? ;w;
I feel you when I was new in SMBX. It took me days to figure out everything SMBX has the capeability off but later on I figured out how they work and such. All I can say is that you can practice how SMBX works and then after you experience it then you can come up with endless amount of ideas SMBX has and yourself as of how to make levels and even Episodes aswell. =w=
glitch4 wrote:the level that was in the trailer was also in koopalings castle contest 2
Indeed! This level will show in Airship Attack 2 somewhere...

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:37 pm

There is a flaw with the World 2-Tank level. As the screen scrolls, the player moves slowly when on the ground.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:50 pm

King of Eterity wrote:There is a flaw with the World 2-Tank level. As the screen scrolls, the player moves slowly when on the ground.
You mean while standing on the floor it looks like the player is moving while the floor moves aswell? That's actually how SMB3 did with their tank levels so it's just a feature that it's the same from the original games in this SMBX Episode aswell. Thank you for mentioning it though. If more peoples find it odd I can always change it so it doesn't look like that but for now I'll keep it.

Deathdmndcrftsmbx
Rex
Rex

Postby Deathdmndcrftsmbx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:19 pm

This looks amazing and I have tried the demo but some levels are just a tad bit long and doesn't feel like the original (doesn't have to be a bad thing ) although I like the custom gfx and level design

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Deathdmndcrftsmbx wrote:...some levels are just a tad bit long and doesn't feel like the original (doesn't have to be a bad thing ) although I like the custom gfx and level design
Well about the originality and such, it hasn't to be like that... level design and such can be anything alike even if it has to be original or not or if you call into Airship Attack, I try to make something different as in having a level to make it a bit more explorative unlike the first Airship Attack by adding green collectible stars to the mix like as of how SM3DW did. About the length... well, depends if you go with being explorative it can take a bit longer than intended but if it's too long anyway then I might have to edit a bit of the length haha. Least you liked my creations in my SMBX Episode so far~.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Deathdmndcrftsmbx wrote:This looks amazing and I have tried the demo but some levels are just a tad bit long and doesn't feel like the original (doesn't have to be a bad thing ) although I like the custom gfx and level design
Star Wars VII --> better than III, even though it was very different (although in all honest when was the acting ever any worse than in III)

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:10 am

bossedit8 wrote:
Deathdmndcrftsmbx wrote:...some levels are just a tad bit long and doesn't feel like the original (doesn't have to be a bad thing ) although I like the custom gfx and level design
The fact that you can only have 1 green star per section kind of limits you, and therefore every level in this game with green stars will have at least 3 sections, and it can cause some of the levels' length to increase. As long as there isn't too many levels, then it should not be too much of a problem.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:25 am

PixelPest wrote:
Deathdmndcrftsmbx wrote:This looks amazing and I have tried the demo but some levels are just a tad bit long and doesn't feel like the original (doesn't have to be a bad thing ) although I like the custom gfx and level design
Star Wars VII --> better than III, even though it was very different (although in all honest when was the acting ever any worse than in III)
I liked the third Star Wars film the most followed by the first...
King of Eterity wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
The fact that you can only have 1 green star per section kind of limits you, and therefore every level in this game with green stars will have at least 3 sections, and it can cause some of the levels' length to increase. As long as there isn't too many levels, then it should not be too much of a problem.
three sections+ may be a limit, but I see it as a plus. you know he can use a secret pipe to a new section just for the star.

Return to “Projects”