4-6 A short level (Updated)

Post new levels here!
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

4-6 A short level (Updated)

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:00 pm

This is my second finished level for the project.
Screenshots are in the spoiler:
Spoiler: show
Here is the download-link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=095 ... 2997882156

Since it is too short to make it difficult in a fair way (at least in my opinion), I came up with the idea to change things differently with this level.
If you played the original level in The Invasion 2, then you probably know about the catch of the exit being a death trap, like in somekind of SMW-hack.
But that is probably all you can use as knowledge about this level, as I changed things up from the original.
The shadow-version of the level features also another twist. :-)
Last edited by Sednaiur on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: 4-6 A short level

Postby Lx Xzit » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:26 pm

I liked the simplicity of this level and I also like the way you've put the exits (especially the star one). :)
However, I've found some problems in the way:
Spoiler: show
(This is in both exits)
Specially the third one caught my attention, if you hit the vine block and quickly move to another section, you will see a cutted vine, you could fix it this with some layers/events, for example if the player hit the block then a invisible axe will appear in the other section (where the player stands) this axe could trigger an event that will replace the vine with a new one.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: 4-6 A short level

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Oh my - there I go with my bugs again xD

Thank you very much for telling me. I will fix them over the next few days and update the download-link.

The bug with the vines is easy fixed by just using blocks or ladders, so this is no problem at all (but your idea is cool for a section-change not higher than a corridor :-) ).
About the uzumaki-clouds (these spiral clouds) I simply didn't get that bug when I testplayed the level, but since the right-facing zigzag-BGO replaces a funnel, this may happen.
And for the missing mask, I do not get how it could not get into the downloadable folder, since I clearly did put it in, but I will check for it again.

I am relieved that this level got approved to be in this project. I tried to keep it simple yet fresh from the original, so I used the ideas in this level.
Thank you again :-)

Return to “Levels (Invasion 3)”