SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v8.1 And a bugfix already!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
erkyp3rky
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Re: SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v8.1 And a bugfix already!

Postby erkyp3rky » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 am

came back from the dead to say this is such a lovely and unexpected update. welcome back and thank you for updating one of my favourite gfx packs of all time. : D

Reign
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Reign » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:46 am

Oh, my favorite gfx designer is back! The update to this pack may just motivate me to start working on a sequel to Mario Prime. Amazing job yet again. Now if only SMBX2 gets out of beta one day... :)

Just_Thomas
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Just_Thomas » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:04 am

I have some .. problems here.
I basically placed all files form the non number folders into a project folder and got that message here.

Code: Select all

local bigSwitch = {}

local npcManager = require("npcManager")
local palaceSwitch = require("npcs/ai/palaceswitch")

local npcID = NPC_ID

local settings = {id=npcID, color="white", blockon=409, blockoff=410,  iscustomswitch = true}

palaceSwitch.registerSwitch(settings)
return bigSwitch
From my testing experience however I do know these "switch palace" scripts, so somehow anything related to it, seem to cause problems as soon as you make a copy of them and try to modify them in your own project. I do not know why, but it seems to be the case for me.

The folders for "SMB2 Misc. Blocks - Sednaiur" and "SMB2 Switch Palace - Sednaiur" do share block IDs, for blocks 409, 410.
"SMB2 Vases Interior - Sednaiur" has only a txt file for 409 with "customhurt = true" (so this is a third folder which might cause problems).
In general it looks light you used several block IDs from the switch palace folders for something else. From what I understood this is not supposed to be. Can you check that?

For the coin counter replacement BTW
viewtopic.php?t=29361
I just realized it has been some time since your last visit here .. oh well.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:20 pm

Reign wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:46 am
The update to this pack may just motivate me to start working on a sequel to Mario Prime. Amazing job yet again. Now if only SMBX2 gets out of beta one day... :)
Thank you very much. To be honest, I would be so happy if you worked on one, as I liked Mario Prime a lot. And as of the typing of this message, SMBX got its next beta at least, and one that will cause me to update this pack soon.
Just_Thomas wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:04 am
I have some .. problems here.

The folders for "SMB2 Misc. Blocks - Sednaiur" and "SMB2 Switch Palace - Sednaiur" do share block IDs, for blocks 409, 410.
"SMB2 Vases Interior - Sednaiur" has only a txt file for 409 with "customhurt = true" (so this is a third folder which might cause problems).
In general it looks light you used several block IDs from the switch palace folders for something else. From what I understood this is not supposed to be. Can you check that?

For the coin counter replacement BTW
viewtopic.php?t=29361
I just realized it has been some time since your last visit here .. oh well.
Thank you very much for letting me know. About my long time not coming to the forums, it may look like I am gone for good every now and then but in reality I just do not log in often, though, I am not disappearing at all, so do not worry about your report being useless, I just checked about what you've said and it turns out, all the files of blocks 409, 410, 432 and 433 located in the folders "SMB2 Misc. Blocks - Sednaiur" are not supposed to be there. Blocks 409 and 410 are indeed supposed to be only in the folder "SMB2 Switch Palace - Sednaiur". This kind of error might have happened when I changed the structure of some tilesets mid-update. In my test folder, everything works as intended, though.
About the textplus files, I already know about those and make use of them in my Expanded SMB3 GFX-Pack, but thank you for telling me anyways.

Also a big thank you to everyone else, for your comments and interest. I will continue to work on my graphics, even if it might take a lot of time. :-)

Just_Thomas
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Just_Thomas » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:17 am

You are welcome. Your gfx packs are absolutely amazing. Glad are not gone.

Return to “Graphics”