SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v8.1 And a bugfix already!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 "expired" GFX-Pack v6.0 (update comming soon)

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Sorry for the expired download-link :-(

I tried to update the pack before that happened, but it didn't work out.
But the planned update will come next weekend, and it will fix a lot of things (shyguys turning into shells etc.).
It also will have 3 new tilesets and be fully PGE-optimized then :-)

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:09 pm

OMG
You're still updating this? can't wait!

TheIronWarrior
Bit
Bit

Postby TheIronWarrior » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:22 pm

The giant Cobrat looks like he could instantly KO a player! o.o

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:47 pm

luckily I downloaded it before the link has expired. uh..... so awesome CGFX!
You're god of CGFX! Can't wait to see the next version. When you'll release SMW and YI expanded?

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Hello fellow profile reader!

Postby superhammerbros100 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:02 pm

andialifbatara wrote:When you'll release SMW expanded?
He already did some months ago.

Edit: It was even featured i think.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Alagirez » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:07 pm

superhammerbros100 wrote:
andialifbatara wrote:When you'll release SMW expanded?
He already did some months ago.

Edit: It was even featured i think.
yes I know but it's SMW worldmap expanded, not SMW expanded like SMB1 expanded, SMB2 expanded, etc. which it has blocks, backgrounds, and NPCs.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:30 am

andialifbatara wrote:When you'll release SMW and YI expanded?
For SMW: only world map things were released.
For YI: as he said before, he won't do it.

deleted_account
Flurry
Flurry

Postby deleted_account » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:32 am

This GFX pack is pure genius. It's brilliant. :o

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v7.0 - final (PGE)update!

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:38 pm

After a really long period of no updates, the pack now got it's final state, where it features much new content.
You now have 4 completely new tilesets (3 are fully custom-made, while one is inspired by the NES-version of SMB2), all new custom-made lava with slopes, corners and stuff, aswell as new NPCs, BGOs, blocks for already existing tilesets, and bugfixes along the way. It also is now fully PGE-friendly to use :-D.
I hope you will enjoy the update ^^.
Superiorstar wrote:OMG
You're still updating this? can't wait!
Yes, it really was in the need for an update, right ^^?
Have fun using the new version.
TheIronWarrior wrote:The giant Cobrat looks like he could instantly KO a player! o.o
It looks like it, but do not worry, as it will not do so ^^.
andialifbatara wrote:luckily I downloaded it before the link has expired. uh..... so awesome CGFX!
You're god of CGFX! Can't wait to see the next version. When you'll release SMW and YI expanded?
I guess you need to download the update now, then :-P. Also, thank you very much.
About SMW, it will come somewhere this year for sure, about YI, it will never come, since I dislike the artstyle of it mostly (but not everything), so it would be of no fun for me to do such a pack. Sorry about that.
LordKofu wrote:This GFX pack is pure genius. It's brilliant. :o
xD thanks. I hope the new update will live up to that too :-).

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Will be going to add this update to the pack. The new graphics look great, and the addition of PGE support helps loads as well!

Erik
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Erik » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm

There's really useful stuff in this pack. Are you going to make a SMW Expanded GFX Pack too??

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:16 pm

He couldn't since Silverdeoxys already did all of the vanilla tilesets.
Sedniaur still looking good buddy. :)

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:04 am

Your new update is awesome, I love new tilesets, love new background, NPCs and other things that you added in your update!
Yet again(!) I have a few questions about this update:
Spoiler: show
1. You misplaced a few things in your Castle folder! THere are some pyramid slopes for some reason...
2. If you don't know, mini "Star-effects" existed in SMB2:
So what I want from you, is that you could change this effect to these stars above:
3. Also, a rather dumb (probably) question, but where this background can be used?:

Don't mind me for reporting these things, I just want to make this pack more awesome than it's already!
EDIT: I just remembered that you stated that you'll also make Beach tileset, so... will there be another update? And if yes, will you add some more SMA elements?

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:25 am

Murphmario wrote:Will be going to add this update to the pack. The new graphics look great, and the addition of PGE support helps loads as well!
Thanks a lot :-).
Just in case I misunderstood the "Will be going to add this update to the pack"-line, I recommend you to just delete the old version, because I changed many things in the order of some GFX, so just combine both folders (the old and new version) could cause some bugs with their order.
If I did misunderstood you, then please ignore that advice of mine completely ^^.
Superiorstar wrote:He couldn't since Silverdeoxys already did all of the vanilla tilesets.
Sedniaur still looking good buddy. :)
I don't really know how many people did what tilesets already, so I am sorry for any mistakes in that matter :-/.
But also, I always expand on all the existing stuff, so when I do an expanded SMW-pack in the future, it will probably feature lots of custom-made stuff made by me from scratch.
So in that case, people can await new BGOs, new backgrounds, and also new NPCs and tilesets too ^^.
h2643 wrote:Your new update is awesome, I love new tilesets, love new background, NPCs and other things that you added in your update!
Yet again(!) I have a few questions about this update:
Spoiler: show
1. You misplaced a few things in your Castle folder! THere are some pyramid slopes for some reason...
2. If you don't know, mini "Star-effects" existed in SMB2:
So what I want from you, is that you could change this effect to these stars above:
3. Also, a rather dumb (probably) question, but where this background can be used?:

Don't mind me for reporting these things, I just want to make this pack more awesome than it's already!
EDIT: I just remembered that you stated that you'll also make Beach tileset, so... will there be another update? And if yes, will you add some more SMA elements?
Thanks for reporting me the bugs. There is no problem for me, when you report them ^^. I just was really weary and wanted to release the update, so I can go to bed.
To answer your points:
I used the effects for the stars from the advance-version of SMB2, so they are more up to date (the effect is also using the colors from the advance-version, but with an SNES-pallette), which is the reason there is not the effect with yellow stars in the pack :-).
The background marked by you can be used as an object for the trashcan of the OS of your trust, since I forgot to remove it xD. I liked to make somekind of forest-like background, but then I scrapped that, as it would make too much work to create a crown for such massive trees. Also it would then make me need to do a BGO-version of such tree crowns, since it would be awkward to have them in the background, but not in the foreground then.
And for the beach tileset, I don't really know about this one. I would have an idea for it, but in the end I didn't came to it to make one. Maybe I can do one as price for some contest, as this would be another possibility. For now I don't plan on doing another update, except for fixing up bugs. I think I have done so much stuff for SMB2 now, that it should be enough to work with ^^.

About the SMA-elements, I never really played more then the first two worlds of the avance-version of SMB2, so I don't know about any more stuff I could add. What ideas do you have in mind?

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Murphmario wrote:Will be going to add this update to the pack. The new graphics look great, and the addition of PGE support helps loads as well!
Thanks a lot :-).
Just in case I misunderstood the "Will be going to add this update to the pack"-line, I recommend you to just delete the old version, because I changed many things in the order of some GFX, so just combine both folders (the old and new version) could cause some bugs with their order.
If I did misunderstood you, then please ignore that advice of mine completely ^^.
I already did that before you posted that response.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Wow! The new tileset are amagazing! And finally you added the PGE tileset, it's difficult to put all those tileset togheter.
Also, I was wondering, are those tileset on the first new screen supposed to be used in levels where there are trees?

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Alagirez » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Finally! Thanks! for your FINAL SMB2 VERSION!
where is the changelog?

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:49 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:Wow! The new tileset are amagazing! And finally you added the PGE tileset, it's difficult to put all those tileset togheter.
Also, I was wondering, are those tileset on the first new screen supposed to be used in levels where there are trees?
Thank you very much for your compliment ^^. Yes, it sure was necessary to do that update, as I for myself also had some problems to put the tilesets together in PGE xD.
About your question: The tileset seen on the first screenshot (I replaced it by an better one) is meant to use for somekind of western-like terrain (maybe like nevada). Of course you can use it in an forest too, since the tileset also looks like somekind of earthern forest tileset, in my opinion. Just do as you please with that :-)
andialifbatara wrote:Finally! Thanks! for your FINAL SMB2 VERSION!
where is the changelog?
Thanks. It's nice to support more SMB2-styled levels and episodes ^^.
I usually do not make changelogs, as not really many people seem to be interested in that. But if you want to know most of the changes, just look at the toppost please.

Edit: I just added the other screens that I couldn't add last week. Now the screens show off almost everything that is contained in this pack (some recolors and minor stuff still isn't shown on the screens).

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:39 am

Don't know when I got this, but it was sitting around in my folder of things to do presumably because of the sideways cacti. Would you like to add those to your pack? ;)

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:14 am

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:Don't know when I got this, but it was sitting around in my folder of things to do presumably because of the sideways cacti. Would you like to add those to your pack? ;)
To be honest, for me it would be fun to do also corner pieces for them too. I could see about that in the next time then (in a seperate download on the toppost) ^^.
Maybe a special thing replacing some or all of the vases, since there are no free blocks left in SMBX :-P

Return to “Graphics”