SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v8.1 And a bugfix already!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v8.1 And a bugfix already!

Postby Sednaiur » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Welcome to my SMB2 Expanded GFX-Pack!

A very long time ago (2013) I have made an "Expanded SMBX-Tilesets"-pack, that contained the expansions of some of the tilesets that are featured in SMBX, be it to make them bigger and better usable or just to remove some graphical errors from them, like cutoff etc.

And with this "SMB2-edition" I like to advance a bit furter with that, and expand all the tilesets that can be found in the original SMB2.
But not just that, as this pack now features a lot of fully custom designed tilesets, NPCs, level backgrounds and more, to vastly expand the selection of SMB2 elements to choose from. Also, all the NES-exclusive tilesets are here aswell, all 16-bit rendered and expanded.
And to round it all up nicely, I have done a fully custom SMB2-styled worldmap expansion aswell, meaning you can build whole world maps with this and are not just restricted to HUBs.

Now, with this eighth full version, a long needed update has come. It introduces literally thousands of new graphics in form of many new tilsets, NPCs, parallaxing level backgrounds etc. A bunch of new things, made to be used with SMBX2 and its LUA-functionality has also been added.
The main topic of this update is "New frozen elements" hence the name.

So, without further ado, have some screenshots of the pack, with lots of the new stuff (but not all of it) shown:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Here is the download of version 8.1 as a .rar-file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqkxihjwdhxrj ... r.rar?dl=0

Changelog of v8:
1: A massive selection of new tilesets: Beach, Clouds, Underwater, Boss Room, Frozen Tower, Metal Tower, Ice Temple, Cloudy Underground, 3 different colored Cavern-tilesets, a second Inside Tree-tileset and more. Also, there are now real Desert- and Snow-tilesets added. Every tileset also got several BGOs made.

2: The worldmap section has been revamped. New sceneries, levels, tiles etc have been added. Useless elements (underground tiles) have been removed.
Different tilesets can be used together better now.

3: Many new NPCs aswell as reworked ones. SMBX2 introduced a lot of SMB2-NPCs missing in previous versions, so all of the "fake" NPCs have been removed in favor of the real ones. Many new NPCs to resprite the newly added SMBX2-NPCs have been made.

4: All graphics that already existed have been touched up. Unneccessary colors have been removed and several graphics have been redrawn from the ground up, especially big sprites. Recolors can now be done just by using default SMB2 color pallettes.

5: Every single vase tile can be used at the same time now, so there is no need to choose between normal or gold anymore. Also, glass vases have been added a both old vase tilesets have been fully redrawn.

Changelog of v8.1:
1: Several NPCs got the "harmlessgrab" and/ or"harmlessthrown"-tags added, so they can bel helt without being killed by contact with other NPCs. This was a nuisance most notable with power-ups and coins.

2: A few switch palace-switches were missing their graphics. That has been fixed.

3: Several unused graphics (NPCs, tiles and even a whole folder) have been removed.

Please note that due to all the updates I made, a lot in this pack has changed and moved around. That means this pack is not compatible with any previous versions.
There is a lot more that has been altered and added, but since I did all that over the course of 2 years, I cannot list them all. :-P

Please see the enclosed "Please Read"-document in the pack for additional information and credits.

Enjoy building levels with this pack ^-^

Please give credit to me, when using any of the GFX contained in this pack, as it was serious work to edit and make all these. Thanks
Last edited by Sednaiur on Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 27 times in total.

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets

Postby FallingSnow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 pm

The outdoor castle tileset is pretty amazing I must say (as are the rest of them, but that one is my favorite). I love the gray stones/bricks on the tops of them.

xtremegamer51

Postby xtremegamer51 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 pm

If I have not paid attention to the whole topic made by who thing,I would have thought this was made bye Valtteri(Since he makes a lot of tileset expansions)
Other then that I must say,that these tilesets are amazing!Your becoming one of the best gfx makers around along with other people such as Squishy rex and bloodelf.From your hd graphics,to your giant graphics,and now your tileset expansions,you really are one of the best gfx makers Sednaiur,bravo.

Veudekato

Postby Veudekato » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:56 am

good job.this will facilitate the creation of levels in Mario..where i can download smb1 expanded tilesets?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:38 am

Oh wow. This set of creativity and the expandation of the Tileset in Super Mario Bros. 2 looks very amazingly made and I really appreciate that the work is definetly a large customization we have right here. The Bomb-omb Statues and everything related to that are very great and it feels more like a Bomb-omb's Cave and also inside Mouser's Tower/Dungeon/Castle. If I will ever make a SMB2 out of my Level Designing, (maybe) I am gonna use them. Very nice work.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:33 am

Looks pretty cool and very useful for SMB2 levels. And I've seen that cave and grass tileset before. But it's cool to see that you did the same thing with the rest of SMB2 tileset available for SMBX. I admire your job Sednaiur. Keep up the good work boy..

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:59 am

Looks great! I really like the Sky Fortress tiles. I'll definitely use these in future levels.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 am

Wow, these tileset expansions are great! I don't normally use SMB2 graphics/physics however I think this may all be about to change :)

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:09 am

Shocking as always, so much talent.

You must have gotten used to this but all of your graphics have great shading, design, and fit nicely on Mario levels. My favourite overall from those graphics for now are the golden SMB2 pipes, really original, along with the Fortress Outside tileset. Really good work Sednaiur, keep your amusingness, do not stop amusing us.

Eternity
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Eternity » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 am

This looks awesome! The outdoor dungeon tileset is great, and I really like the other tilesets too. Ill definitely be using this, very useful for SMB2 levels! (even though I'm no very good at designing them :p)

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 am

Cool! I'll use them!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you all so much for all the Praise and Comments on this - it really gives me the Coal into my Fire to work onto the final Tilesets of SMB2 8-D
I am working on the "Inside Vase"-Tiles at the Moment, so i try to update this within the next Days.
But also did that silly Guy named Sednaiur forget to include the Opening Effect for the blue Door, so i will also fix this in the next Update. Sorry for that.
Veudekato wrote:good job.this will facilitate the creation of levels in Mario. Where i can download smb1 expanded tilesets?
I will upload an SMB1-Version of a Pack like this soon. I have completed the "SMB1 Overworld" and the "SMB1 Dungeon". There is only "SMB1 Water" and "SMB1 Underground" left...if i remember correctly :-P
zlakerboy357 wrote:Looks pretty cool and very useful for SMB2 levels. And I've seen that cave and grass tileset before. But it's cool to see that you did the same thing with the rest of SMB2 tileset available for SMBX. I admire your job Sednaiur. Keep up the good work boy.
I have released them already some Time before, but i felt they could be of more use, so i have expanded them a Bit more.
I will try my Best for the Future ^^

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets (quick Update)

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 pm

I just updated the Toppost with an updated Download, that include a single new Tileset (SMB2 - inside Vase), some GFX i forgot to add into the previous Version, and some new interesting Features, like Vases that replace the SMB3-Question Blocks, Vases that can be thrown to break, and my new Invention - the "Ceramics Blaster" that fires Pidgits at you, and many more Things, so we can finally build whole Level Sections, that take Place inside a Vase.
You can check out all the new Stuff at the Screenshot on the Toppost :-)

I hope you enjoy and use them in the Future ;-)

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^
Hey hold on a minute! I wanted to use all of these tiles together to make the ultimate SMB2 level! Now I won't be able to use Snow, Desert etc!

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 am

FanofSMBX wrote:Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^
Hey hold on a minute! I wanted to use all of these tiles together to make the ultimate SMB2 level! Now I won't be able to use Snow, Desert etc!
Now here's a person who truly can't be satisfied with anything.

Anyways, these should really come in handy for one of my personal levels, especially the overworld stuff.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:24 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^
Now here's a person who truly can't be satisfied with anything.

Anyways, these should really come in handy for one of my personal levels, especially the overworld stuff.
Well come on on the first update I was thinking "Yes! No more picking and choosing tilesets!" but now it has come to this :(

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:28 am

Because using an ice, desert, grass, cave, and castle tileset all in one level is totally necessary!

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:38 am

TNTtimelord wrote:Because using an ice, desert, grass, cave, and castle tileset all in one level is totally necessary!
You know the last level of Apocalypse of Foroze? Same idea.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 am

You make a vase which work as a bullet cannon, wow. Now the pidgit projectiles styled SMB2 have a use!

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 am

This is way too amazing, i never made smb2 levels, but these tilesets, ooh these tilesets makes me wanna make a level

Return to “Graphics”