Update

The hidden forum for The Invasion 3 development discussion.
Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Update

Postby Valtteri » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:41 am

So Red Yoshi and I made a little progress for The Invasion 3! First of all please check out 1-6 Very Old Ruins if you haven't already: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... 86&t=12918

We talked about the worlds that SMBX United/Revived made when they managed the project and ultimately decided to give up trying to combine the original The Invasion 3 plan and the community-submitted levels. It just wasn't going to work out. The levels stood out too much with the absence of the Shadow Star concept and, I'll be blunt, total lack of loyalty to the series. We'll be returning to the plan as it was when the SMBX beta tester team was developing this, meaning we'll scrap the worlds from SMBX United/Revived's plan.

I encourage you all to continue working on this. At least finish the levels you claimed. Otherwise it'll just be Red Yoshi and I making every level. We will do it if it comes to that!

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Update

Postby zlaker » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 am

It's really nice to see that we're finally resuming this project, however I really think we should wait till the contest's submission has passed considering that a lot of us is partaking it. That's just my opinion.

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 am

Well, althrough I like more the Revivied Levels, I'll work on this now. ( I stopped with smbx a while due personal questions ).
Now I'm back, I'm busy trying do my CC12 level, but I'll put effort to work with this.
A question, all level need the shadow realm?

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:26 am

Sux wrote:Well, althrough I like more the Revivied Levels, I'll work on this now. ( I stopped with smbx a while due personal questions ).
Now I'm back, I'm busy trying do my CC12 level, but I'll put effort to work with this.
A question, all level need the shadow realm?
Yes, that was the plan. Don't worry, usually just copying sections and adding enemies is sufficient and it only takes a few minutes (although making it more interesting is highly encouraged). Don't forget to use the level intro template; it's a real pain in the ass to recreate it from scratch. Make sure you have the template and make yourself familiar with the rest of the design rules here: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =82&t=6626

Return to “The Invasion 3”