Waterfall Beach

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
YairDude
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Waterfall Beach

Postby YairDude » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:43 pm

This level will be featured in my episode that I'm making, Mario's Quest for Something, as the first level. I'm uploading it to see if it's good enough, and to make a test post.

Screnshot:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ezys1 ... +Beach.zip

SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper

Re: Waterfall Beach

Postby SecondScolipede » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Wow, 3 beach levels in the levels forum at a time, what a record.

Anyways, I love the bright colors in this level. This really looks like a newer mario game. The underwater tileset in the pools looks a bit off, but that might just be me.

diamantico21
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby diamantico21 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:47 pm

There is no music playing and there's a pointless pirhanna plant block (maybe pointless)
Spoiler: show

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Level: Waterfall Beach
Designer: YairDude

A poorly, rushed level. You forgot to include the music. Design is kinda bad and not interesting, the gameplay was too short, you should've extend it longer. There's a pointless vine block, as diamantico21 mentioned. Also, you can swim in some areas, where the pipes are, but if you swim where there's just water, you die, so, especally for first level of your project, I wouldn't recommend doing that. NPC placement looks a little bit poor, there's placed both SMB3 coins and SMW coins and some emenies that their placement is a bit cluttered. The aesthetics are very poor, besides SMB3 and SMW coins I mentioned, decoration seems fine, but there's lots of cutoffs, most of them are water BGOs. Also, you forgot to remove the water bgo there.

Design: 3/10
Creativity: 1/10
Aesthetics: 2/10

Total: 6/30 -> 2/10

Return to “The Trash Can”