a new airship level

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Postby bobogamer2500x » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:27 pm

here you go!!!! AN ACTUAL FIXED VERSION!! I HOPE I GET A 7/10! this fixes: difficulty , theme (such as brick color) , bowser now acts like he did in smb1 , purple Yoshi has appeared from the future , and the secret has been rebalanced! enjoy! :D

HERE IS DA LINK
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9ktymrxbywp0 ... D.zip?dl=0

KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Master Procrastinator

Postby KingBowser24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Alright, i see you made some improvements. I played both versions of the level.
Now im no expert, but I'll give you the best feedback i can.
I could say this level is a SLIGHT improvement over the other, but there are still several issues.

-This could just be me, but why stash all the coins in only a few places? Youre supposed to spread them out throughout the level. If theres a secret room full of coins, thats different.
Spoiler: show
-Why are there vines in an AIRSHIP level? Shouldve just used the SMB2 ladders, preferably recolored to fit the level. Plus, other than a few Cannons and like 3 Hammer Bros., the only enemies are Paratroopas. i know you can add more than that :)

-The windows should be spread out more, them being all bunched together like this just looks odd to me.
-Really, except for the last part, the level didnt even look much like an airship.

-The clashing isnt as bad here as in the first version of the level, good job fixing that.

-Oh gawd, and now to talk about the Bowser Fight. Honestly, I think its worse than the last one. If i didnt have the Firepower, I wouldnt of been able to beat him with Peach. Even with Mario or Luigi who can ride yoshi, the battle would still be kind of tedious. And yes you used the SMB1 Bowser, but its still not an SMB1 Bowser Fight. And the Music! The Music doesnt fit AT ALL! Any boss song would be way better than the Meta Knight theme.
If you want to make an SMB1 Style Bowser fight, you need to put Bowser on a bridge, and you need to get past him, and grab the axe to break the bridge, like this:
Doing this kind of Battle requires using Layers and Events, which i can show you how to do if you need me to.

That should sum up the major flaws I noticed in this level. I'd Probably give this level a 3 out of 10, which is a lower-average score. That may sound a little harsh, but if you practice youll get much better. Sorry if i came across rudely, Im known as a blunt person IRL... :)

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:15 pm

KingBowser24 wrote:Alright, i see you made some improvements. I played both versions of the level.
I could say this level is a SLIGHT improvement over the other, but there are still several issues.

-This could just be me, but why stash all the coins in only a few places? Youre supposed to spread them out throughout the level. If theres a secret room full of coins, thats different.
-Why are there vines in an AIRSHIP level? Shouldve just used the SMB2 ladders, preferably recolored to fit the level. Plus, other than a few Cannons and like 3 Hammer Bros., the only enemies are Paratroopas. i know you can add more than that :)

-The windows should be spread out more, them being all bunched together like this just looks odd to me.

-Really, except for the last part, the level didnt even look much like an airship.

-The clashing isnt as bad here as in the first version of the level, good job fixing that.

-Oh gawd, and now to talk about the Bowser Fight. Honestly, I think its worse than the last one. If i didnt have the Firepower, I wouldnt of been able to beat him with Peach. Even with Mario or Luigi who can ride yoshi, the battle would still be kind of tedious. And yes you used the SMB1 Bowser, but its still not an SMB1 Bowser Fight. And the Music! The Music doesnt fit AT ALL! Any boss song would be way better than the Meta Knight theme.
If you want to make an SMB1 Style Bowser fight, you need to put Bowser on a bridge, and you need to get past him, and grab the axe to break the bridge, like this:
Doing this kind of Battle requires using Layers and Events, which i can show you how to do if you need me to.

That should sum up the major flaws I noticed in this level. I'd Probably give this level a 3 out of 10, which is a lower-average score. That may sound a little harsh, but if you practice youll get much better. Sorry if i came across rudely, Im known as a blunt person IRL... :)
ok, but the boss fight was supposed to be NEW and FRESH and NEVER SEEN BEFORE!, I know how to use layers and events, its called smb1 STYLED because it LOOKS like an smb1 level and SOUNDS like an smb1 level ,it doesn't PLAY like one, why do you insult my ORIGANALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 pm

bobogamer2500x wrote:
KingBowser24 wrote:Alright, i see you made some improvements. I played both versions of the level.

ok, but the boss fight was supposed to be NEW and FRESH and NEVER SEEN BEFORE!, I know how to use layers and events, its called smb1 STYLED because it LOOKS like an smb1 level and SOUNDS like an smb1 level ,it doesn't PLAY like one, why do you insult my ORIGANALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah, don't overreact, I'm 99% sure that Kingbowser24 is giving you criticism, It can play like a SMB1 level if you use lunadll or lunalua.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Re:Re: I FIXED MY AIRSHIP!!!!

Postby bobogamer2500x » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:26 pm

FINE!!! THIS LEVEL SHALL BE SCRAPPED,BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT IS IS LESS THAN A 5/10 RATING , too the next level (my goal is to have my level be used in 1 or 2 of your episodes)

KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Master Procrastinator

Postby KingBowser24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:29 pm

If you get at least a 3/10, which is average, you dont need to scrap it. Even if you get below a 3, which is Trash Can, you can still improve it. One level i submitted is Trash Can, and im working heavily on improving it right now. Most of the levels i have submitted have been average. But my "review" wasnt official, you still have an offical review coming.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 pm

KingBowser24 wrote:If you get at least a 3/10, which is average, you dont need to scrap it. Even if you get below a 3, which is Trash Can, you can still improve it. One level i submitted is Trash Can, and im working heavily on improving it right now. Most of the levels i have submitted have been average. But my "review" wasnt official, you still have an offical review coming.
well then ,,,, I will still make a better level!,,,,,, keep up to date on my quote on quote ""content""

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:38 pm

KingBowser24 wrote:If you get at least a 3/10, which is average, you dont need to scrap it. Even if you get below a 3, which is Trash Can, you can still improve it. One level i submitted is Trash Can, and im working heavily on improving it right now. Most of the levels i have submitted have been average. But my "review" wasnt official, you still have an offical review coming.
IS THE ONE AND ONLY VALTERY GOING TO GIVE THE OFFICAIL REVIEW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:48 pm

bobogamer2500x wrote:
IS THE ONE AND ONLY VALTERY GOING TO GIVE THE OFFICAIL REVIEW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
Or someone else who has a pink username. That's the level judge group.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:09 am

META KNIGHT IS A BOSS THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:00 am

Valtteri*
No the Meta Knight one isn't it's the theme from the Halberd in Kirby Super Star Ultra used as a remix in brawl.

You say it's smb1 styled yet you put smb2 vines and a smw yoshi in it.

You overeacted means you still need to learn how to accept critic about ur levels writing in all caps doesn't help you at all.

You want an official review? Try pming one of them to get their attention but i highly doubt the review would be much different.

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:10 am

bobogamer2500x wrote:here you go!!!! AN ACTUAL FIXED VERSION!! I HOPE I GET A 7/10! this fixes: difficulty , theme (such as brick color) , bowser now acts like he did in smb1 , purple Yoshi has appeared from the future , and the secret has been rebalanced! enjoy! :D

HERE IS DA LINK
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9ktymrxbywp0 ... D.zip?dl=0

While this version is an improvement of the original, the boss wasn't.
Since the boss is an SMB1 bowser, it's almost impossible to break the bricks, so I had to use a fireflower to kill him. You also forgot to add the event when bowser dies, so the level is impossible, so I doubt this version was tested.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: Re:Re: I FIXED MY AIRSHIP!!!!

Postby Emral » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:16 am

bobogamer2500x wrote:FINE!!! THIS LEVEL SHALL BE SCRAPPED,BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT IS IS LESS THAN A 5/10 RATING , too the next level (my goal is to have my level be used in 1 or 2 of your episodes)
People around here make their own levels for their episodes, or hire "Level Designers". Taking levels from the Levels forum is considered stealing.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Valtteri*
No the Meta Knight one isn't it's the theme from the Halberd in Kirby Super Star Ultra used as a remix in brawl.

You say it's smb1 styled yet you put smb2 vines and a smw yoshi in it.

You overeacted means you still need to learn how to accept critic about ur levels writing in all caps doesn't help you at all.

You want an official review? Try pming one of them to get their attention but i highly doubt the review would be much different.
Y WERE SMB1 VINES!!! LOOK IN THE SMB1 SECTION!!!!! (and I already told you the Yoshi is from the future!)
Enjl wrote:
bobogamer2500x wrote:FINE!!! THIS LEVEL SHALL BE SCRAPPED,BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT IS IS LESS THAN A 5/10 RATING , too the next level (my goal is to have my level be used in 1 or 2 of your episodes)
People around here make their own levels for their episodes, or hire "Level Designers". Taking levels from the Levels forum is considered stealing.
I allow you to use ANY of my levels in ANY episode ,I Give YOU PERMISSION TO ALL OF THE LEVELS IN MY POSSESION ,(basicly ,if you use mine I say it is OK, )
Last edited by PixelPest on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Official Review of A New Airship Level (Updated Version)

Design and Gameplay (weighed 70%): 0.3/10
This level is really short and poorly made as an airship level. Elements such as the vines ruin the atmosphere. There was little variety in NPCs and coin placement needs a lot of work; coins should be spread out through the level, not in small clusters. The two hammer bros on the ground beside the pipe should really be removed. The windows on the airships are too clustered and make it look messy. The secret was also really obvious and overpowered, and the fire flower and 1-up sitting around in the main path outside of ?-blocks was another poor idea. The SMB1 Bowser battle was poorly made and is pretty much impossible, due to the fact that Bowser never moves.

Graphics and Music (weighed 30%): 1.5/10
Most of the graphics in this level didn't fit well together. The airship sequence also would look better with a background. Also, the resprite of the bullet bills were missing a modified death effect.
The music for the airship section fit, but an SMB1 Bowser boss battle should have SMB1 Bowser/Boss music, not Meta Knight music.

Overall: 0.66/10 (The Trash Can)

TDK
Foo
Foo

Postby TDK » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:06 pm

PixelPest wrote:Official Review of A New Airship Level (Updated Version)

Design and Gameplay (weighed 70%): 0.3/10
This level is really short and poorly made as an airship level. Elements such as the vines ruin the atmosphere. There was little variety in NPCs and coin placement needs a lot of work; coins should be spread out through the level, not in small clusters. The two hammer bros on the ground beside the pipe should really be removed. The windows on the airships are too clustered and make it look messy. The secret was also really obvious and overpowered, and the fire flower and 1-up sitting around in the main path outside of ?-blocks was another poor idea. The SMB1 Bowser battle was poorly made and is pretty much impossible, due to the fact that Bowser never moves.

Graphics and Music (weighed 30%): 1.5/10
Most of the graphics in this level didn't fit well together. The airship sequence also would look better with a background. Also, the resprite of the bullet bills were missing a modified death effect.
The music for the airship section fit, but an SMB1 Bowser boss battle should have SMB1 Bowser/Boss music, not Meta Knight music.

Overall: 0.66/10 (The Trash Can)
Shouldn't the bold part be in the graphics section of the review, since it's more of a graphical issue.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:20 pm

It's not a graphical issue. The graphics for the windows are fine, it's their placement that is a design flaw.

TDK
Foo
Foo

Postby TDK » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:21 pm

PixelPest wrote:It's not a graphical issue. The graphics for the windows are fine, it's their placement that is a design flaw.
Oh okay, thanks. I thought since the window's placement looks messy it would be graphical issue.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:23 pm

But, it DOES look like a real super Mario maker level , right?
vines are all over airship levels in Mario maker , the hammer bros are Gaurding the boss , the secret is not obvious anymore , again: airship levels stache coins differently , the boss fight is actualy very intuitive (because it has never been done before) , meta knight was a BOSS in Kirby (therefore it IS a boss theme) , when I gave the block transparent masks they stayed opaqe(so I COULDN'T change the background) , and finaly ,TRY TO BE NICER (you have been added as a foe)
THE REAL RATING IS : 7.2/10 (Pretty Good) THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE 8-) therefore i'm telling the truth
Last edited by PixelPest on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Censored rude rage post.

TDK
Foo
Foo

Postby TDK » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:30 pm

bobogamer2500x wrote: But, it DOES look like a real super Mario maker level , right?
vines are all over airship levels in Mario maker , the hammer bros are Gaurding the boss , the secret is not obvious anymore , again: airship levels stache coins differently , the boss fight is actualy very intuitive (because it has never been done before) , meta knight was a BOSS in Kirby (therefore it IS a boss theme) , when I gave the block transparent masks they stayed opaqe(so I COULDN'T change the background) , and finaly ,TRY TO BE NICER (you have been added as a foe)
You need to take criticism or you'll never improve your level design.
bobogamer2500x wrote: THE REAL RATING IS : 7.2/10 (Pretty Good) THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE 8-) therefore i'm telling the truth
Lol.
Last edited by TDK on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “The Trash Can”