Pit of Doom

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
MarioHacker
Banned

Pit of Doom

Postby MarioHacker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Hey everyone, this is a Kaizo level. I hope you enjoy the challenge. It's possible.

download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/42jjb ... ofdoom.zip

Zipper
Flurry
Flurry

Re: Pit of Doom

Postby Zipper » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:29 pm

MarioHacker wrote:Hey everyone, this is a Kaizo level-
No. Bad.

Kaizo is only "not terrible" because of savestates. Making one without them is almost guaranteed to suck 10 times over. (I played the level btw, dying 20 times on the same challenge ain't fun)

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Zipper wrote:
No. Bad.

Kaizo is only "not terrible" because of savestates. Making one without them is almost guaranteed to suck 10 times over. (I played the level btw, dying 20 times on the same challenge ain't fun)
Sorry. You probably shouldn't have played it at all if you think Kaizo isn't your thing.

SanicHegehog
Koopa
Koopa

Postby SanicHegehog » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Ugh, it is so much harder without the save states
I am still trying to beat it

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:52 pm

You can replace the player's starting point if you want. That'll allow you to save state. Somewhat.

SanicHegehog
Koopa
Koopa

Postby SanicHegehog » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh, okay then, I somehow beat it now, thanks :3

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Looking forward to receiving a review!

MarioboyFan602
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Honestly, Kaizo Levels i dont like, cos they are SO DARN HARD!!! though i may play it later if im in a good mood. ;D

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Very few people can pull off kaizo well. I may try this later and see if you did it.

Cedrik
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Cedrik » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:51 am

Zipper wrote:
No. Bad.

With the update 2.0 for SMBX, you can savestate.

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Eh, it was pretty easy. The level wasn't very well designed and the tricks were all pretty simple. The only part I hated was the shell walljump at the beginning. Those are fine in SMW/Mario Maker/any official Mario game as the shells move fairly slow. In SMBX, however, the shells move around 2x as fast as they do in official games, making it nearly impossible to actually pull off. I originally planned to use this trick in sHell, but due to the shell physics in SMBX I decided to remove it. The only way I managed to get past it here was right against that left wall- and it was really, really tight. Ouch.

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Mivixion wrote:Eh, it was pretty easy. The level wasn't very well designed and the tricks were all pretty simple. The only part I hated was the shell walljump at the beginning. Those are fine in SMW/Mario Maker/any official Mario game as the shells move fairly slow. In SMBX, however, the shells move around 2x as fast as they do in official games, making it nearly impossible to actually pull off. I originally planned to use this trick in sHell, but due to the shell physics in SMBX I decided to remove it. The only way I managed to get past it here was right against that left wall- and it was really, really tight. Ouch.
It was pretty EASY? You've got some guts to say something like that. I've made the most absolute most horrific SMBX level you have ever seen, and you will SUFFER from playing it. The agony it will bring to you will be unbearable that you will regret very much saying this

Regards

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Nah there are way more horrific levels like this even tho it's supposed to be kaizo.

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:23 pm

How DARE you

Liraxus
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Liraxus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:16 pm

MarioHacker wrote:How DARE you
How dare he for giving his opinion.

And the others sum this up well, these kind of levels aren't really liked in the community that often.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:41 pm

MarioHacker wrote:
Mivixion wrote:Eh, it was pretty easy. The level wasn't very well designed and the tricks were all pretty simple. The only part I hated was the shell walljump at the beginning. Those are fine in SMW/Mario Maker/any official Mario game as the shells move fairly slow. In SMBX, however, the shells move around 2x as fast as they do in official games, making it nearly impossible to actually pull off. I originally planned to use this trick in sHell, but due to the shell physics in SMBX I decided to remove it. The only way I managed to get past it here was right against that left wall- and it was really, really tight. Ouch.
It was pretty EASY? You've got some guts to say something like that. I've made the most absolute most horrific SMBX level you have ever seen, and you will SUFFER from playing it. The agony it will bring to you will be unbearable that you will regret very much saying this

Regards
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Kaizo Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on good game design, and I have over 300 confirmed unfair deaths. I am trained in Yoshi warfare and I’m the top invisible block in the entire Mushroom Kingdom forces. You are nothing to me but just another player. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in a level, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of level designers across the internet and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call fairness. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with Mario Maker. Not only am I extensively trained in Lunar Magic, but I have access to the entire arsenal of LunaLua and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

MarioHacker
Banned

Postby MarioHacker » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Liraxus wrote:
MarioHacker wrote:How DARE you
How dare he for giving his opinion.

And the others sum this up well, these kind of levels aren't really liked in the community that often.
Sense of humor = zero

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:52 pm

How do you get past the bomb bricks in this area:

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Pretty sure you have to pick that bomb guy up spinjump over the sawblades and throw the bombguy at the blocks.

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Pretty sure you have to pick that bomb guy up spinjump over the sawblades and throw the bombguy at the blocks.
The bob-omb blast radius doesn't reach it.

Return to “The Trash Can”