[Guide] SMBX Glitch List

Share guides you have written for SMBX, and related tools here.
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: SMBX Glitch List

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:51 am

Jayce 777 wrote:There is another Link glitch: the super jump. BossEdit8 has a video detailing this.
I assume.e you are talking about upstaging ice/throw block? (Any breakable block really.) I know about, I learned about it the week or two before he uploaded that video through him showing it in a Skype call. Anyways, I though Iisted that. I will post that when I get back on my computer. This rely does need to be stickied since I had to look through the forum for it. (Top of page 8) when I made the update. So yeah, mi d of hard to find. Still glad I am.getti g poi t outs for what I forgot to add because I copy pasted my wiki article to the forums. (One Link glitch listed was. Ot typed by me, so I do not know if it is right or not.)

UPDATE

Added Link's "Super Jump"!

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Postby loop » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:21 am

Yeah, the throw blocks. I usually bookmark pages to find them when a reply is posted.

ajddavid452
Goomba
Goomba

Postby ajddavid452 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:05 pm

"it is frowned upon to force these upon the player"
what if a world had a secret area where you have to use an exploit to get there but not required to 100% the world?, like a tiny easter egg for explorers

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 am

ajddavid452 wrote:"it is frowned upon to force these upon the player"
what if a world had a secret area where you have to use an exploit to get there but not required to 100% the world?, like a tiny easter egg for explorers
You can get a secret aslong as it's optional like it's not required to do so to get 100% in a save file.

HackPlayer7
Spike
Spike

Postby HackPlayer7 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:47 pm

I dunno if somebody already said it but I found 2 glitches in 1.3.0.1
Alright, the first one is that if you stomp a SMW normal goomba* while touching a coin, the Goomba won't die.
The other glitch is that if you, as small Luigi**, run in a large slope with nothing under it, you'll just go trough it.

* I don't know if it's only for the SMW Goomba
** I don't know if it's only small Luigi
Last edited by HackPlayer7 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:56 pm

HackPlayer7 wrote:I dunno if somebody already said it but I found 2 glitches in 1.3.0.1
Alright, the first one is that if you stomp a SMW normal goomba* while touching a coin, the Goomba won't die.
The other glitch is that if you, as small Luigi**, run in a slope with nothing under it, you'll just go trough it.

* I don't know if it's only for the SMW Goomba
** I don't know if it's only small Luigi
A: That is all NPCs
B: That is all characters with a hitbox of 32 pixels high (to my knowledge so far)

I have known about both of these.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:57 pm

About the first bug, it happens on a lot on NPCs like if there are coins at the ground level and enemies at the same area, coins are collected but at the same time you bounce off of that enemy without the enemy getting defeated.

About the second bug, I actually never knew that. I might try it out assuming if I don't forget.

Edit: Welp... W/E.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:04 am

bossedit8 wrote:About the first bug, it happens on a lot on NPCs like if there are coins at the ground level and enemies at the same area, coins are collected but at the same time you bounce off of that enemy without the enemy getting defeated.

About the second bug, I actually never knew that. I might try it out assuming if I don't forget.

Edit: Welp... W/E.
I can not believe I actually ninja'ed you on that one.I actually learned about the two mentioned glitches about a year or three ago. I was experimenting with slopes inside walls, and it happened. I think it is just an extension of the crouch glitch on a sloped ceiling though. As for the NPCs and coins, a user by the name of Sanct taught me that one about a year or two ago.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:19 pm

New video added, to bad I had to resort to a live stream highlight.

Return to “Guides”