[MaGLX2 4th] Behold, There Is a White Bounce! (New link)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

[MaGLX2 4th] Behold, There Is a White Bounce! (New link)

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:57 am

Well, this is my MaGLX2 level, i'm happy with my place, this is a nice thing! In this level Mario have a mission, he'll be in a radioactive factory in search the legendary white bounce...(I hope this is a correct link, any error, lets me know). I hope enjoy! ;)

PS: I'll fix some errors other day!

Screens
Spoiler: show
raocow's video
Download
Last edited by Shinbison-Kof on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Erik
Eerie
Eerie

Re: [MaGLX2 4th] Behold, There Is a White Bounce!

Postby Erik » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:16 am

Congratulations on your 4th place! This level is really great, I loved playing it and the atmosphere is absolutely stunning. Great job!!!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:21 am

<imagine this is where I'd put all the compliments about flavour>

I was kinda disappointed that you scrapped the drill and the white arrows in favour of switch-hunting. What purpose does the drill even serve? You give it to the player for 5 seconds!

I deem a 9/10 appropriate for this level.
Last edited by Emral on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:53 am

Congrats! I would make a good level, but sadly, I couldn't! :cry:

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:55 am

I think this getting 4th place in the biggest SMBX contest ever warrants it being moved to The Best. Fantastic job.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:55 am

Behold, There is a White Bounce review

Design & Gameplay: Pure Amazing
+ This level was just perfect and stunning. The gameplay is really fun, the story is p. good too. The NPC placement is really nice, the difficulty is just excellent. The level had also really big variety, none of the parts were way too similar too each other. but it was still consistent enough. You've placed a drill, you've had toxic water, you've had elevators, you've had lots of other stuff. The custom boss fight isn't one of the best fights I've ever played, but it was still great. I lThe amount of switches in the level was p. high, but it still didn't go overkill. The level also has a high amount of replay value, because of good reasons. The suprise at the end was also a good touch. Overall, this level has amazing design and gameplay.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Pure Amazing (as well)
+ This level has one of the best atmospheres of all time. At some parts, the level is scary, at some parts, it's very robotic and at some parts, it's epic. The tileset mixing is done perfectly and nothing was clashing with each other. The music fits the level great as well. Overall, good job on the atmosphere too.

Score: 10/10
A perfect level with both excellent gameplay and stunning atmosphere.
Moved to 'The Best'

Personal note: I think this level is even better than 'Tribal Moonlight Transition'

EDIT: Ninja'd by Quill

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:03 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:The level also has a high amount of replay value, because of good reasons.
I have a hard time getting behind this sentence. Can you elaborate on some of these good reasons, please?

I'd personally only replay it if I wanted to see the white arrows and drill again, which the creator just kind of forgot about. (which is a bad reason to replay it, in my eyes)

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:14 pm

Enjl wrote:
ShadowStarX wrote:The level also has a high amount of replay value, because of good reasons.
I have a hard time getting behind this sentence. Can you elaborate on some of these good reasons, please?

I'd personally only replay it if I wanted to see the white arrows and drill again, which the creator just kind of forgot about. (which is a bad reason to replay it, in my eyes)
Good reasons?
Here ya go:
- The general gameplay
- The little story about the White Springboard
- Variety but not going overkill
- Great custom boss fight
Personally, I didn't have problems with the drill, neither the white arrows.
Well, if you didn't find the level perfect, then it's your opinion...
I can actually understand if you only give it a 9/10, but that's never avoidable, because of opinions.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks so much everyone, I really like this nice comment and feedback! :)
Enjl wrote:<imagine this is where I'd put all the compliments about flavour>

I was kinda disappointed that you scrapped the drill and the white arrows in favour of switch-hunting. What purpose does the drill even serve? You give it to the player for 5 seconds!

I deem a 9/10 appropriate for this level.
@Enjl: you is right about this, but I don't used the drill or white arrows many times, because the level would be repetitive in some parts...maybe.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:27 pm

I'd become repetitive if you always used them in the same fashion, but if you mix and combine different gameplay elements, you can make a much more engaging level than if you throw gimmick after gimmick at the player. The arrows, for example, could have opened up the door for some very interesting section layouts (and would have made a more reliable drill filter than the climbable npcs).

Something cool (I'm just spitballing here), for example, would be having a place where a white arrow was buried in the ground (on a generator) (does this work? I don't know how the fast arrows function, but I'm guessing it's just a change in the NPC code), and the player is free to place it whereever they want. They would've seen an area before where they couldn't go because it was too high, so they'll know that that's where they gotta use it. Or if they think a bit further they might find a hidden area which rewards them with a 1-Up, or even a secret star.

There's a lot of unique stuff every gimmick can do (the drill would have made for a good mow-down-the-enemies section), you don't have to just use the most basic mechanics of each.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Enjl wrote:I'd become repetitive if you always used them in the same fashion, but if you mix and combine different gameplay elements, you can make a much more engaging level than if you throw gimmick after gimmick at the player. The arrows, for example, could have opened up the door for some very interesting section layouts (and would have made a more reliable drill filter than the climbable npcs).

Something cool (I'm just spitballing here), for example, would be having a place where a white arrow was buried in the ground (on a generator) (does this work? I don't know how the fast arrows function, but I'm guessing it's just a change in the NPC code), and the player is free to place it whereever they want. They would've seen an area before where they couldn't go because it was too high, so they'll know that that's where they gotta use it. Or if they think a bit further they might find a hidden area which rewards them with a 1-Up, or even a secret star.

There's a lot of unique stuff every gimmick can do (the drill would have made for a good mow-down-the-enemies section), you don't have to just use the most basic mechanics of each.
Oh I understand, thanks for your tips, I'll try this in others levels! About the arrows is simple, put a "vine" in : generator up> projectile> delay 0.1 seconds.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:40 pm

*watching raocow's video*
you didn't reach top 3 0/10
I got an inspiration from this awesome level. Wow, the GFX, atmosphere and design are GREAT! and there are a lot of cool gimmicks. Can I use the GFX from this level? The GFX looks beautiful....

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:43 am

Can you post a non-mediafire link, Chrome does not let us keep files from Media fire since mediafire has been known to distribute viruses lately... If you use Chrome, then no one can download from Media fire! I guess I will have to wait til MaGLX2 comes out before I play this level...

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Harvey36Dice wrote:*watching raocow's video*
you didn't reach top 3 0/10
I got an inspiration from this awesome level. Wow, the GFX, atmosphere and design are GREAT! and there are a lot of cool gimmicks. Can I use the GFX from this level? The GFX looks beautiful....
Thanks man! Yes, you can use, but give me credits! ;)
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Can you post a non-mediafire link, Chrome does not let us keep files from Media fire since mediafire has been known to distribute viruses lately... If you use Chrome, then no one can download from Media fire! I guess I will have to wait til MaGLX2 comes out before I play this level...
Sure, new link is available now!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/865dt494vit1c ... 1.rar?dl=0

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:44 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
What the hell are you talking about? I'm using Chrome, and Mediafire has always worked 100% fine.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:10 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Lmao what? Mediafire doesn't give out viruses where did you get that from.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
But here has happened the same thing with the problem of Mechadragon777, mediafire doesn't work currently (in my computer)...

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [MaGLX2 4th] Behold, There Is a White Bounce! (New link)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm definetley playing this level!
The design looks so well made and the graphics are stunning.
I like how alot of these graphics were changed to become more better (the swan Koopa still looks like if it wants to die :lol: ) and how you used a normal boo replacement and made it into a Bad ass boss!
Your great level designing is the reason why I love playing your levels.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 am

Tinkerbell wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
As you can see, When I downloaded the file from Mediafire, chrome flaged it as malicious. I clicked "Learn more" and the screen shows you what the reasons why are! It only lately started doing this.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: [MaGLX2 4th] Behold, There Is a White Bounce! (New link)

Postby Mable » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:09 am

Uff.. Mefiafire is not giving a virus it's the virus detection of chrome. Firefox didn't flag it neither did Explorer...

But whatever.

Return to “The Best”