Iced Abandoned Factory

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
bossedit8
Banned

Iced Abandoned Factory

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:16 pm

It's time to release a level of what I made into the forums... once again!

Iced Abandoned Factory was mainly inspirated from a place called Abandoned Factory from a game Shantae and the Pirate's Curse including the music from that game that's used in this level. Level is for sure pretty difficult, has a lot of sections used and it even has a boss that you have to beat to get this level finished!

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_bcF_rInOc

Download Iced Abandoned Factory Level here!

Credits for the graphics goes to @Ace, @AirShip, @Mudkip, @Red Yoshi, @Sednaiur, @Legend-Tony and myself (@bossedit8) for the whole level.

Enjoy the level as I also even enjoyed making this kind of level!

braineat
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Iced Abandoned Factory

Postby braineat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:45 pm

This level is Epic! 10 Purple Haired Warrior Maidens /10 :D

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 am

My Unofficial (and probably very crappy) Review of Iced Abandoned Factory

What I liked about the level:

Almost everything. You nailed the factory atmosphere, and the music also fit the level perfectly. The length was perfect. Not too long, not too short. The gameplay was fair, and although there were a few branching paths, the direction was always clear. Great mixing of graphics, by the way. The boss was kind of silly, but also amazing gameplay-wise. New gimmicks are introduced in almost every section, and I truly enjoyed them. All in all, I really liked this level, and it's easily one of my all-time favourites.

What I didn't like about the level:

As I said, there is very little that I dislike about this level. The section where the player encounters the skull boxes for the first time seemed unfair to me, until I noticed the chains that hung from the ceiling. I felt like they were a bit too dark. Aside from this (very minor) complaint and a few slightly cramped areas, this level was virtually perfect.

Score:

If my review didn't clarify this, I'll say it again; Amazing level! Easily your best level so far. Well-balanced difficulty, awesome atmosphere, and a silly bossfight to top it all off.

9.8/10

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:55 pm

I swear, I remember this level from somewhere I just don't know why.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:05 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:I swear, I remember this level from somewhere I just don't know why.
...The screenshot thread?
bossedit's channel?

I like the gradient effect on the backgrounds and how it looks like the blue stuff (liquid nitrogen or something I guess) that kills you is glowing.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:20 am

HenryRichard wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote:I swear, I remember this level from somewhere I just don't know why.
bossedit's channel?

I like the gradient effect on the backgrounds and how it looks like the blue stuff (liquid nitrogen or something I guess) that kills you is glowing.
I think it is probably the graphics...

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:58 am

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
HenryRichard wrote:
bossedit's channel?

I think it is probably the graphics...
Airship made them and used them in his CC8 level.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:56 am

Iced Abandoned Factory review

Design & Gameplay: Awesome
+ This level was pure fun. The design is really nice: the NPC placement is really good, the variety between the different parts of the level is also pretty big. The level is quite challenging, but it's still not unfair. The boss fight is pretty good, true it was a bit too chaotic at some points. I also like the hidden powerups, the powerup variety and the detailed effort in several sections. (for example: you cannot collect the 1-up above the checkpoint if you died in the second half) Overall, this is an amazing level.
| The level was a bit longer than necessary, but it wasn't too bad, and considering the variety, it's not a big flaw.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Awesome
+ The atmospheric feeling is really, really great. The level is really detailed, but it still didn't feel like a bunch of random decoration. The music was also fitting in the level, and I didn't find any bugs or fatal flaws either. Overall, the level had a really nice atmosphere.
| The chains could've been a bit brighte, because sometimes the player may think that they're BGOs. (or that's just my stupidity)

Score: 9.5/10
A really fun and nice factory level without any major flaws
Moved to 'The Best'

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!

Postby Waddle » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Why didn't you just approve of my review :^c

doomguy34000
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby doomguy34000 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:12 pm

I love it deserves 10/10 more I like Shantae and Curse of Pirate 's my favorite games :) I also love music , although I also understand just Shantae games?

hikki_power222
Rex
Rex

Postby hikki_power222 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Very good, right as expected from bossedit8.

Return to “The Best”