PGE thread [Archive 2015-07-31]

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
Axiom
Foo
Foo

Re: PGE (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [0.3.1]

Postby Axiom » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:31 am

you guys forget that even if Wohlstand did decide to stop working on it for some reason, due to the open source nature, it wouldn't be difficult for someone else to pick it up.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:40 am

Prado wrote:PGE has a lot of potential.Don't abandonate it like Redigit did with SMBX.
PGE is a libre project with open source, therefore anybody can support and even contribute to it. Anyway, I and Kevsoft are working with PGE even we are have full-day job.

as303298 wrote:Abandonate is a rather strong word to use. Also one that doesn't exist too :3
He didn't really abandon it, he was forced to stop (as far as the stories go, not like we has reason to believe otherwise)
...also Redigit missed up mistakes in a legal protection and even violated some rules and caused attak from right holder side - from Nintendo.
While I checked out about those things, I don't wanna repeat them, and my politics is:
  • Payd/Commercial ads on PGE Project official site and forums are completely forbidden. Exception is a sharing of personal/community art/music/code/video/etc. or friend communities.
  • Hardcoding of the copyright stuff is forbidden [even common laws are forbids usage of copyright stuff without any grands]. This is a one of reasons of configuration packages system implementation. Second reason is ability to have different games SMBX/A2XT/etc. with alone engine copy instead of making a separated engine copies which was required with SMBX.
  • Never use Brands or Trade Marks in the PGE components!
  • SMBX Successors such an "SMBX 1.3 Compatible" and "Super Mario Bros. Xtended" will have special PR politic (license, information, warnings) which should prevent any possible issues caused by copyright Mario stuff.
Luigifan2010 wrote: you guys forget that even if Wohlstand did decide to stop working on it for some reason, due to the open source nature, it wouldn't be difficult for someone else to pick it up.
Therefore PGE has open source. Redigit thrown SMBX with closed source. And 3-4 years later I and later with Kevsoft and Talkhaus buddies we are do long job of a reverce engining of SMBX engine to have alternate and compatible SMBX-like engine before SMBX will be finally continued.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:11 am

Apperantly newest PGE Editor versions have this awesome "Tip of day" feature:
Spoiler: show
There are a lot more tips actually.
Very useful for newbies to PGE :)

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: They/She

Postby zxcv » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 am

Awesome

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:15 am

Hey Wohlstand, I just had a thought in regards to visible and hidden Layers. Would it be possible to implement a check box for layers where we can have them appear as semi-transparent like the paths on the world map? It would be good to have if certain layers were required to be placed exactly on top of another hidden layer. You would then be able to perfectly align one layer over another without constantly toggling the hide/show check box to make sure.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:49 am

Squishy Rex wrote:Hey Wohlstand, I just had a thought in regards to visible and hidden Layers. Would it be possible to implement a check box for layers where we can have them appear as semi-transparent like the paths on the world map? It would be good to have if certain layers were required to be placed exactly on top of another hidden layer. You would then be able to perfectly align one layer over another without constantly toggling the hide/show check box to make sure.
Good idea, I think than I can add it into context menu to the layer list (to activate this thing use right mouse button over layer in the list. Also I totally forgot to implement locking of items by layer. That should provide ability to lock items in the specific layer but not entire item type)

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby zxcv » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Also an undo button in the editor would be cool

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Prado wrote:Also an undo button in the editor would be cool
There already is one.

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby zxcv » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Sorry,I never downloaded PGE

SMetoid99

Postby SMetoid99 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Will this editor support non linear RPG projects?

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:42 am

Maybe you mean engine support. Yea, is planned to have RPG-like games. This concept reqires global variables bank and condition based events which will be triggered on level initialization process.

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby zxcv » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:13 pm

will be possible to create swith palaces like in SMW?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Prado wrote:will be possible to create swith palaces like in SMW?
Yes it's Possible but it requires alot of coding knowledge.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 am

SuperMario12345 wrote:
Not alot, a couple of global variables. A simple if statement at the start of your level maybe a for loop to iterate through each of the dotted blocks and change them to solid.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:43 am

Luigifan2010 wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:
Not alot, a couple of global variables. A simple if statement at the start of your level maybe a for loop to iterate through each of the dotted blocks and change them to solid.
Yea, the global variables are planned and will be implemented especially for lua and events usage. All global variables will got intial state from episode setup fille (also, I think, is a better world map organization idea to split actual world map and episode setup to different files: will be possible to have multiple world map files with different customized stuff inside one episode)

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 am

WIP Engine v0.2.2-alpha
has layers which can be hidden/shown/toggled, and events which can show/hide/toggle vizibility of layers, play sounds, spawn message boxes, trigger other events!

Frame 1

Frame 2

Frame 3

Frame 4

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:49 am

PGE Engine 0.2.2-alpha is available!
Download links are in the main post and you can use online installer to automatically update all config packs which you already have.

Updated engine finally has basic layers and partial events system, so, you can test various levels which has layers and events, but be sure than layer movement, autoscroll, section properties, holding of player controls are not implemented yet

Engine Changelog 0.2.2-alpha
- Added support of the layers and basic events! [layers: show, hide, toggle; message box; play SFX; trigger another event; other event actions are not implemented yet]. Working event triggers: block destroy, hit, empty-layer; NPC died, activated, empty layer [talk is not implemented yet!]
- Fixed random crash caused by lua activation event when camera catched a corpse of NPC
- Fixed slow performance caused by bad time delay function
- Player finally can ride on NPC's heads [anyway, is not finished yet]

HunnyBon
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Y'ever just jhdsfhdsjkh

Postby HunnyBon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 am

Will there be a possibility for altering some rendering to allow for stuff like the "dizzy" effect when touching fuzzy in Yoshi's Island?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Wohlstand wrote:PGE Engine 0.2.2-alpha is available!
Download links are in the main post and you can use online installer to automatically update all config packs which you already have.

Updated engine finally has basic layers and partial events system, so, you can test various levels which has layers and events, but be sure than layer movement, autoscroll, section properties, holding of player controls are not implemented yet

Engine Changelog 0.2.2-alpha
- Added support of the layers and basic events! [layers: show, hide, toggle; message box; play SFX; trigger another event; other event actions are not implemented yet]. Working event triggers: block destroy, hit, empty-layer; NPC died, activated, empty layer [talk is not implemented yet!]
- Fixed random crash caused by lua activation event when camera catched a corpse of NPC
- Fixed slow performance caused by bad time delay function
- Player finally can ride on NPC's heads [anyway, is not finished yet]
Where do i download it? I can't find the download link!

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote: Where do i download it? I can't find the download link!
Wohlstand wrote: Download links are in the main post

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”