Topics that have reached 100 pages.
Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Re: PGE (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [0.3.1]

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 pm

litchh wrote:But if I made for example 256x256 image of castle brick and used with different sizes to optimize blocks quantity I'll get all 256x256 in PGE :?
It's a reason to provide a solid sizable blocks (not top collision like others), but this thing will be PGE Specific because there are will be implemented as lvl_blocks.ini and new blockIDs will be added.
But you can even place any unique for your level design (which is not fits to your level) and then use right mouse button with "transform all blockID to.."... but I think is not so heavy, you can use sizable blocks for insides of walls and regular blocks for edges

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper

Postby mariofan 64 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:36 pm

When will events be implemented in the game engine? It would help to test an entire project at once properly than stick with 'hope this works.' :/

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:13 pm

mariofan 64 wrote:When will events be implemented in the game engine? It would help to test an entire project at once properly than stick with 'hope this works.' :/
I can implement simple events like showing up of message boxes or play sounds, but to hide/show something stuff or move it I will need to implement layers subsystem at engine. With events even without layers I will can able to make autoscroll subsystem ;-)
anyway most of my PGE works will be continued at weekends, because in weekdays I have a job where I completely busy :P
..but I still collect things and suggestions into todo file(s) at our GitHub repo

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper

Postby mariofan 64 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
mariofan 64 wrote:When will events be implemented in the game engine? It would help to test an entire project at once properly than stick with 'hope this works.' :/
I can implement simple events like showing up of message boxes or play sounds, but to hide/show something stuff or move it I will need to implement layers subsystem at engine. With events even without layers I will can able to make autoscroll subsystem ;-)
anyway most of my PGE works will be continued at weekends, because in weekdays I have a job where I completely busy :P
..but I still collect things and suggestions into todo file(s) at our GitHub repo
But, butbutbutbutbut that's what I need... :'C
I know how that job feel is, so I did stuff after the workday. Busy at work, levels after. Now it's PGE only, with special project that's ongoing right now. ;)

awesome_gamer
Rex
Rex

Postby awesome_gamer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:58 am

Thanks! I'm about to download it!

Devin_Manning

Re: New CrossPlarform OpenSource engine of SMBX

Postby Devin_Manning » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 am

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:Let's see... how many smbx failed reviving project we had counting this? ah yes 6.

many tried many failed
Well at least this time we got a functioning program instead of lost hopes and dreams of never being able to play the other failed revivals.

Devin_Manning

Postby Devin_Manning » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 am

Well after using it... it sure shows that it's not finished. Nothing really works at all, i've looked around it and I can't find any way to switch player one's character (You can't switch to Mario what so ever)

Everything is here but they don't have their properties in this editor's default testing engine

It honestly wasn't intended for use yet unless you decide to run the level in SMBX. And even then you'd be better off using the default editor

I am aware this is in Alpha, and I am aware that it is still being worked on. I do hope these problems are fixed in the future, and the play test is made to work a little bit better, it is impressive for an Alpha and I can't wait to see what lies in the future for this engine. It still has problems but it has everything you basicly need

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Devin_Manning wrote:Well after using it... it sure shows that it's not finished. Nothing really works at all, i've looked around it and I can't find any way to switch player one's character (You can't switch to Mario what so ever)

Everything is here but they don't have their properties in this editor's default testing engine

It honestly wasn't intended for use yet unless you decide to run the level in SMBX. And even then you'd be better off using the default editor

I am aware this is in Alpha, and I am aware that it is still being worked on. I do hope these problems are fixed in the future, and the play test is made to work a little bit better, it is impressive for an Alpha and I can't wait to see what lies in the future for this engine. It still has problems but it has everything you basicly need
you just told us things we already knew.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Devin_Manning wrote:Well after using it... it sure shows that it's not finished. Nothing really works at all, i've looked around it and I can't find any way to switch player one's character (You can't switch to Mario what so ever)

That's why you run PGE alongside SMBX + LunaLua, so it hooks into it and allows you to playtest to SMBX from PGE without having to reload the level in SMBX.

Willhart
Banned

Postby Willhart » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:37 pm

It's possible to run smbx editor and the PGE editor at the same time too. Turning off the sprite animations on PGE helps with the performance, and testing works well as long as you don't save on top of the level when starting it on the default editor.

andreepika11233
Swooper
Swooper

Postby andreepika11233 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Why is pge taking so long to load?

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:30 pm

andreepika11233 wrote:Why is pge taking so long to load?
Loads for me under 10 seconds. Ur pc must be under heavy overload.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:43 am

andreepika11233 wrote:Why is pge taking so long to load?
On my PC (on Linux) editor loads ~4 sec., on my brothers PC (on Windows XP and which slower than my PC) it loads (anyway, it's wonderful!) 2~3 sec.
512 MB is too small memory size, recommended size 1 GB (DDR1 is not so rare and you can found a lot of 1 GB modules, or you even can find 2x512 modules which cheaper and will give same 1 GB, or check out number of RAM slots and you can add more modules. For example on brother's PC I have been added 4x1GB DDR1 modules and he have 4 GB RAM. AMD Athlon 64 1 core 2.4 Ghz)

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper

Postby mariofan 64 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:27 am

When will you update it again? There's no signs of any more progress being made.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 am

mariofan 64 wrote:When will you update it again? There's no signs of any more progress being made.
I was busy on a job, and now I working on PGE Manager which an autoupdating feature and userfriendly config packs management (download&install&update)

Kevsoft
Flurry
Flurry

Postby Kevsoft » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:11 am

Wohlstand wrote:
mariofan 64 wrote:When will you update it again? There's no signs of any more progress being made.
I was busy on a job, and now I working on PGE Manager which an autoupdating feature and userfriendly config packs management (download&install&update)
Beeing also on a summer job for 2 more weeks only gives me time to work on PGE on weekends.

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper

Postby mariofan 64 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:43 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Details. Mother of Detail Explanation. Please Us All.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 am

it downloads and extracts the pge configs to the right places for you, what more of an explanation would you want

also updates the program automatically from what i understand.

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: They/She

Postby zxcv » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:11 am

PGE has a lot of potential.Don't abandonate it like Redigit did with SMBX.

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:14 am

Abandonate is a rather strong word to use. Also one that doesn't exist too :3
He didn't really abandon it, he was forced to stop (as far as the stories go, not like we has reason to believe otherwise)

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”