Topics that have reached 100 pages.
Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Re: PGE (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [0.3.1]

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Luigifan2010 wrote:awesome alright, see I'm not a C++ pro so you know lol.
Also, about Windows 10: I tried to install it on VirtualBox and I tried to run PGE Editor under it: I got mega-long loading of editor (infinite splash screen), same editor works fine on Windows 7 under same VirtualBox :P

EDIT: Editor finally started on Windows 10 under VirtualBox when I acidentally closed splash with Alt+F4 :mrgreen: and waited some time

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Yeah I noticed it does take a little bit longer to load under Windows 10 but it still isn't finished. Thanks so much Wohl you're the best!

PopYoshi
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Is very complex but it works good

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Wohlstand, I'm just updating the Super Mario theme UI, however I can't seem to find the icon with the black box and red arrow (next to the Section 1 button). The icon image doesn't appear to be in any of the pge-default theme folders.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:Wohlstand, I'm just updating the Super Mario theme UI, however I can't seem to find the icon with the black box and red arrow (next to the Section 1 button). The icon image doesn't appear to be in any of the pge-default theme folders.
pge-default theme made as example but most of UI parts are built-in into executable pge_editor, and I totally forgot update this example.
however you can manually make icon in your folder and add into theme.ini into [section-numbers] section:
section-goto-left-bottom=sections/yourimg1.png
section-goto-left-top=sections/yourimg2.png

Don't forget about detail specification of theme config file: http://engine.wohlnet.ru/pgewiki/Theme_pack_for_editor

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Oh I see, that's explains why I couldn't find the image.

Also, I've been fixing some grammatical errors within the editor itself and I came across something odd.

I've altered the names of the items above, however, some of them won't display correctly. Those trees should only display "Big Snow Tree" or "Big Tree". This has happened with with 12 of the BGO items. I haven't changed the codes at all, only the names. I'm not sure sure why this has occurred, but I can't seem to get these items to only display their names instead of including "group=Super Mario"

The BGOs this affects are : 33, 85, 128, 141, 43, 140, 7, 38, 96, 16, 100, 64

Here's a copy of lvl_bgo file I changed:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8l56a ... vl_bgo.zip

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:Oh I see, that's explains why I couldn't find the image.

Also, I've been fixing some grammatical errors within the editor itself and I came across something odd.

I've altered the names of the items above, however, some of them won't display correctly. Those trees should only display "Big Snow Tree" or "Big Tree". This has happened with with 12 of the BGO items. I haven't changed the codes at all, only the names. I'm not sure sure why this has occurred, but I can't seem to get these items to only display their names instead of including "group=Super Mario"

The BGOs this affects are : 33, 85, 128, 141, 43, 140, 7, 38, 96, 16, 100, 64

Here's a copy of lvl_bgo file I changed:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8l56a ... vl_bgo.zip
I think, you have to used regular notepad but you need to use Akeplad or Notepad++ instead because those files are saved in UTF-8 without BOM and also may have UNIX-LF and may be shown in regular Windows notepad without line feeds. I will check out update file and be sure than in next time use Notepad++ or Akelpad to have everything fine.

I see than you have mistake. For example:

name=Big Abstract Cloud group="Super Mario Bros. 3"

to have works good, you need to add line feed:

name=Big Abstract Cloud
group="Super Mario Bros. 3"

because "group=" is a separated parameter which defines name of group where should be listed your BGO

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Use Notepad++ as Wohlstand suggested because regular Windows notepad butchers those line breaks. I noticed that myself when working with files from my Java programs. It's free and really is a robust replacement. Doesn't eat up memory either.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
free and open source baby

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Well, I've already got Notepad++ so I'll just use that. Thanks for the help though, at least now I can finish this without it messing up.

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it alright. It's certainly easier on the eyes as well instead of looking at one great wall of text.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Anyway, I got fixed than mistakes myself and have been applied fixed file:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... 9633b58e6a

In next PGE update it will be released with all supported config packs

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 pm

No problem, I'll work on the rest now, and hopefully get them finished soon.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Do you plan on making PGE compatible with LunaLua? (If it is already, shame on me for not knowing)

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Enjl wrote:Do you plan on making PGE compatible with LunaLua? (If it is already, shame on me for not knowing)
because PGE and SMBX are TOO different by internal code API, PGE's per level script engine will have LunaLUA compatibility with some exceptions:
- memory commands are will not work because with open API in the PGE there are useless.
- onLoop() will have also onLoop(tickTime) variant (later it will be provided on LunaLUA side too but in the LunaLUA tickTime will have constant 1000/65 value), because PGE Engine provides ability to have 65...80 Ticks Per Second loop rate which made to provide best animation for your monitor (dependent to configured update frequency 60Hz, 65Hz, 75Hz, 80Hz...). tickTime is a milliseconds time of one game loop step. If you are use a time based things, instead of using old 65 TPS dependency you will have able to count everything with real time base.
- some too SMBX-Specific LunaLUA things are will be coded as lua libraries and will be provided in the config packs.

chaoscollector

Postby chaoscollector » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Hey, I have a question, I replaced Mousers sprites and it shows up fine in PGE but when I open the level in smbx, the sprite is just totally transparent, what am I doing wrong?

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Try to run LazyFixTool to fix the mask (it's included in PGE Editor, at the top).

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:28 pm

chaoscollector wrote:Hey, I have a question, I replaced Mousers sprites and it shows up fine in PGE but when I open the level in smbx, the sprite is just totally transparent, what am I doing wrong?
The reason of this is violation of mask creation rules - you just made a lazily-made mask. If you too lazy to draw mask yourself, usse PNG2GIFs tool to convert PNG image into SMBX-specific gif pair with a right mask.You will have more advances witth transparent part and no more pain with masks. If you have level with baf sprites, you can open "Tools -> Custom data -> Fix wrong masks" to fix all bad masks in current levev with 1 click. If you wanna fix entire episode, use LazyFix tool from cmd console or use friendly shell in the editor "Tools -> External tools -> Lazy Fix tool". Don't forget than tool also can be used without editor, separately, but from console

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:06 am

Wohlstand, here's an update to the SMBX config package:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o3zqt ... Config.zip

It contains an update of the lvl_npc and a fixed Music Box icon for the world map editor. I keep forgetting to replace it since the note is upside down.

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Does this engine still resize blocks to their image size like in previous versions? I'm asking this because when I opened lvls in previous all blocks including the blocks, which sizes was edited with notepad changed their sizes to image size.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:56 pm

litchh wrote:Does this engine still resize blocks to their image size like previous versions? I'm asking this because when I opened lvls in previous all blocks including the blocks, which sizes was edited with notepad changed their sizes to image size.
Engine gets image size on preloading process and doesn't uses predefined size values to provide physical size of block except sizable blocks. Therefore all blocks in the engine will be shown with their image size independent to size values.
If you meant editor, target block sizes are automatically resizing to their image sizes and saved by PGE Editor levels will have always right blocks sizes. If you already have made levev and you just replaced image, dljust try any modification or movement of than blocks to apply new size values.

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:59 pm

But if I made for example 256x256 image of castle brick and used with different sizes to optimize blocks quantity I'll get all 256x256 in PGE :?

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”