Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Re: PGE (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [0.3.0.4]

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:33 am

mariofan 64 wrote:
Fennor wrote:
mariofan 64 wrote:Does the luna settings work yet? I remember reading about people changing gravity and jump height, but when i save or compile, those changed setting don't work. Is the engine still not compatible with the luna codes yet?
Mind me for asking, but 0.3.0.4 isn't in the main page. Is this just an engine update?
Right now you can change gravity globally by changing the configs. In PGE/configs/'YourConfig'/ you can find lvl_characters.ini which includes character physics.
If that works, that's what I've been looking for.
...Seriously though. Where is 0.3.0.4?
0.3.0.4 is a version of the Editor, latest version of engine is 0.2.1-alpha. Editor and engine are different applications but uses same config packs and communicating between themeselves

alti0204tri
Bit
Bit

Postby alti0204tri » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 pm

hey Wohlstand, why the engine running weird on my computer?
The player is a 96x96 pixel-square and white. All the NPCs fall down and white too?
BTW, can you make the level warps, properties, and many other boxes sizable in next version? Some is really big and having wasted space...
Anyway thx for the editor. It helps me a lot!

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:27 am

alti0204tri wrote:hey Wohlstand, why the engine running weird on my computer?
The player is a 96x96 pixel-square and white. All the NPCs fall down and white too?
BTW, can you make the level warps, properties, and many other boxes sizable in next version? Some is really big and having wasted space...
Anyway thx for the editor. It helps me a lot!
Which engine version you have? Please redownload stuff to upgrade, current version has no than trouble because I finished than parts

alti0204tri
Bit
Bit

Postby alti0204tri » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:48 am

Ahh... The title bar says it's 0.1 alpha. But after I download the main pack (editor with engine). I downloaded the new updated of the engine and put all contents in the PGE folder. I don't know why it is 0.1.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 am

alti0204tri wrote:Ahh... The title bar says it's 0.1 alpha. But after I download the main pack (editor with engine). I downloaded the new updated of the engine and put all contents in the PGE folder. I don't know why it is 0.1.
Maybe you missed a ahortcut. Please check carefully (even open with right mouse and "find target") to check out, what thing you actually run

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Platformer Game Engine (PGE) [Super Mario Bros. X (SMBX)] v0.2.1 dev-alpha - playthrough:

Original Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=totUuRVkU8I

Yaayy!

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Postby FallingSnow » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:14 pm

In response to the warp video:
The pipe changes look really good along with the screen fade!
But walking through half of a door looks dumb. I'm not sure if you want to decrease the warp range or what, but I don't like it right now.

R00Tic

Postby R00Tic » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:41 pm

FallingSnow wrote:In response to the warp video:
But walking through half of a door looks dumb. I'm not sure if you want to decrease the warp range or what, but I don't like it right now.
Wohlstand said that you'll be able to resize the warps.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 pm

... because horizontal insensitive requires than player's center intersects into warp point. Anyway I will require completed intersection of player's width into warp point and player will able to enter into door without dumb aligning. [Both thigs are dumb and I agree: aligning of player when it contacted at side and trying to enter into door; player enters while stay at half of door. I will solve this problem with improvement of horizontal door sensitivity and with adding warp width param to provide configuring of enterable zone]

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

PGE (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [Editor 0.3.1, Engine 0.2.1]

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Editor update 0.3.1!

On last week was made small but important updates of the editor side
Spoiler: show
Updated editor is available by same download links on main post or on the homepage or from online installer!

What's new
Introduced a NPC garbage cleaner!
I think, you know old bug of SMBX Editor where you draw vines or ladders and you see than you have overflown max NPC bank or your level is lags by unknown reasons. [You can watch detail demo of this bug with SMBX 1.3 and with old Box2d based engine 0.0.11-pre-alpha].
I have beee implemented a small tool which will help to clean-up your level from those junk NPC's:
Access to this feature in the tools menu:

Report about found junk NPC's (you also can check out: which and where was found junk NPC's)
If you wanna know which condition to mark NPC as junk: is a same NPC-ID with same layer, with same X-Y position, with same direction with same properties, etc. If you have similar NPC's on different layers or with different messages/properties,etc. than NPC's are will not be marked as junk.

Found junk NPC's

Report about removed junk NPC's
Boosted performance
The common work of the editor has been improved for a big maps where you had a slow down of a placing action. Now you can place/drag&drop on a huge maps much faster!
Completed support of extra sections per level!
Than means, you have able to have more than 21 sections per level. Don't forget than you should save LVLX file format if you wanna use more than 21 section or you will lose settings of those sections.
Bit but useful: 'friendly' flag in the message box editor
I think, this thing will be useful for some people who requested this feature from me. Thanks to cramps-man who finally implemented it!
If you wanna know is your talking NPC friendly or not, you can modify flag directly from a message box dialog!
Bit but useful: Multi-selection support for item selection dialog box
This feature works especially for a custom counters editor where you wanna add into counters list multiple items at one run!

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Postby FallingSnow » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:01 am

Wohlstand wrote:
... because horizontal insensitive requires than player's center intersects into warp point. Anyway I will require completed intersection of player's width into warp point and player will able to enter into door without dumb aligning. [Both thigs are dumb and I agree: aligning of player when it contacted at side and trying to enter into door; player enters while stay at half of door. I will solve this problem with improvement of horizontal door sensitivity and with adding warp width param to provide configuring of enterable zone]
Alrighty! I just figured I'd say something. :)

alti0204tri
Bit
Bit

Re: PGE (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [0.3.1]

Postby alti0204tri » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:25 am

Wohlstand wrote:
alti0204tri wrote:Ahh... The title bar says it's 0.1 alpha. But after I download the main pack (editor with engine). I downloaded the new updated of the engine and put all contents in the PGE folder. I don't know why it is 0.1.
Maybe you missed a ahortcut. Please check carefully (even open with right mouse and "find target") to check out, what thing you actually run
I re-downloaded at the main link. Version 0.2.1 for engine. And still have the same problem.
This is a image:
the cut-off is the player position
The custom backgound is white too...

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:23 am

alti0204tri wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
I re-downloaded at the main link. Version 0.2.1 for engine. And still have the same problem.
This is a image:
the cut-off is the player position
The custom backgound is white too...
Strong...
Please tell me your hardware specs: RAM, VideoRAM, Model of video card, OS, OS Version
Are you have all drivers for your chipset and videocard are installed?
Are you trying to run it under VirtualBox or under VMWare? If yes, try to download Qt Creator and run it at background. Small workaround which makes this working. It's temporary, I'm working to fix this crap and make it working everywhere. OpenGL can work in software mode if video drivers are not installed or your GPU on your video card is not supports technology.

Note: you can get your hardware specs with Win+R key combo and type 'dxdiag'

alti0204tri
Bit
Bit

Postby alti0204tri » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 am

Wohlstand wrote: Please tell me your hardware specs: RAM, VideoRAM, Model of video card, OS, OS Version
Are you trying to run it under VirtualBox or under VMWare?
Hardware:(Really Low...)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Memory: 504MB RAM
Display Devices:
Card name: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Chip type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Display Memory: 96.0 MB
I really don't care about the drivers... There hasn't any errors with them.
And what's VirtualBox and VMWare? I don't think that I have them on my PC...

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:50 am

alti0204tri wrote:
Wohlstand wrote: Please tell me your hardware specs: RAM, VideoRAM, Model of video card, OS, OS Version
Are you trying to run it under VirtualBox or under VMWare?
Hardware:(Really Low...)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Memory: 504MB RAM
Display Devices:
Card name: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Chip type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Display Memory: 96.0 MB
I really don't care about the drivers... There hasn't any errors with them.
And what's VirtualBox and VMWare? I don't think that I have them on my PC...
VirtualBox and VMWare are Virtualization systems. Allows you to run any other operating system separately while you run one system.

I think, maybe you need video card with more video ram or white textures are means than you have overflown video memory and can't load more textures at same time. Try to plug video card with 256 or 512 MB video memory before I will try out to optimize usage of texture buffer for small video memory and system requirement of PGE Engine will be 128 MB of video memory

alti0204tri
Bit
Bit

Postby alti0204tri » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:23 am

Wohlstand wrote:I think, maybe you need video card with more video ram or white textures are means than you have overflown video memory and can't load more textures at same time. Try to plug video card with 256 or 512 MB video memory before I will try out to optimize usage of texture buffer for small video memory and system requirement of PGE Engine will be 128 MB of video memory
Thank you. I will try that when I have chance.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:08 pm

alti0204tri wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:I think, maybe you need video card with more video ram or white textures are means than you have overflown video memory and can't load more textures at same time. Try to plug video card with 256 or 512 MB video memory before I will try out to optimize usage of texture buffer for small video memory and system requirement of PGE Engine will be 128 MB of video memory
Thank you. I will try that when I have chance.
That is the only "problem" with PGE, due to the fact it actually utilises OpenGL as opposed to software rendering with ActiveX in SMBX, you actually need to have an okay video card/PC. But at the same time, everyone should have a decent PC especially considering it's 2015. The main advantage to this is that you're definitely going to get much better performance out of PGE than SMBX could even DREAM of, albeit at slightly higher hardware costs.

I'd recommend not only a new video card, but definitely some more RAM...I'd even suggest a new computer..budget it out. If you definitely cannot budget it out, I'd say more RAM and video card for certain.

If you're not entirely sure on the RAM your computer supports, check out http://crucial.com. They have a good scanning tool (100% virus free) that'll gather detailed specifications and help you pick out upgrades for your computer.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:15 pm

yikes

suggestion: a simple infdef to check if it's on windows 10, or whatever you'd use to check windows version. i'll see what i can find later. if it's on windows 10, disable the weird aero glass thingy

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:19 am

Luigifan2010 wrote:
yikes

suggestion: a simple infdef to check if it's on windows 10, or whatever you'd use to check windows version. i'll see what i can find later. if it's on windows 10, disable the weird aero glass thingy
#ifdef is not needed, because than means you build program under Windows 10, but not means than you actually runs it under various Windows versions: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
Since Qt 5.5, it supports Windows 10 too (latest editor/engine are built with Qt 5.4, but I just upgraded my Qt to 5.5)

Code: Select all

and actual detection of Windows 10 will be:
if(QSysInfo::WindowsVersion==0x00c0)
{
/....
}

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:08 am

awesome alright, see I'm not a C++ pro so you know lol.

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”