Increase amount of posts per page?

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.

Should the amount of posts per page be increased from 10 to 20?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 25
aero
Palom
Palom

Increase amount of posts per page?

Postby aero » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm

May we have a higher amount of posts per page? I myself find forums with higher amounts of posts on a page is easier to follow along in the conversation, and I don't know if that's the case (if so please speak up).
Last edited by aero on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheKingOfBoos
Panser
Panser

Re: Increase amount of posts per page?

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Seconded.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:57 pm

I might be mistaken, but don't certain forums have an option for each user to change the amount of posts per page according to how much they want?

Vinyl Scratch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Enjl wrote:I might be mistaken, but don't certain forums have an option for each user to change the amount of posts per page according to how much they want?
Not this one.
Also thirded .w.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Acmlmboards, such as Kafuka or even SMWC might(Even though it was built scratch using acmlmboard base layout, it is its own thing) I know kafuka does, but phpbb boards like this one dont. Also I agree to the suggestion as well.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:46 pm

I thought there was an option on phpbb in the UCP but I guess it isn't.

fifth'd.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:54 pm

XerX wrote:I thought there was an option on phpbb in the UCP but I guess it isn't.

fifth'd.
Nope. ACP only, and whatever the value is it should be bumped up a few or doubled at most.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:14 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
XerX wrote:I thought there was an option on phpbb in the UCP but I guess it isn't.

fifth'd.
Nope. ACP only, and whatever the value is it should be bumped up a few or doubled at most.
It's funny cause almost every other board software allows users to change this.

Just goes to show how much phpbb sucks.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:25 pm

XerX wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:

fifth'd.
It's funny cause almost every other board software allows users to change this.

Just goes to show how much phpbb sucks.
I agree to that as well, phpbb sucks quite a lot more than many other softwares but its sadly not our decision to make what this board runs on. I suggested a while back to Joey about switching to acmlm, I understand the hassle out of it, but it is a bit beneficial and his only reply was "We arent big enough to move to that software". We are what, over 2000 strong now?

Anyways, I still think if there is a plugin to add the option for each user to have their own ppp limit, it should be installed.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:16 pm

I would support both increasing the default posts per page as well as installing an extension that allows users to choose that. I've seen that option on some other phpBB boards if I'm not mistaken. It would be super useful either way.

Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 am

I have to admit, having 20 posts per page is often times a perfect amount, at least for following conversations, but also to pack more content into threads before the 100 page limit. If it does have an option for users to choose, then I'd be for it. At least users can select which they prefer, so that should nullify any disputes over the number of posts per page. If it were implemented I'd support it to.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:11 am

That would make every topic in the Pit of 100 Pages no longer have 100 pages. :(

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:27 am

Valtteri wrote:That would make every topic in the Pit of 100 Pages no longer have 100 pages. :(
What about the Pit of 50 Pages???? huehuehuehuehue

ok i'll stop

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:57 am

Valtteri wrote:That would make every topic in the Pit of 100 Pages no longer have 100 pages. :(
Does anybody really give a fuck though, just trash that forum.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:37 am

Apex wrote:I agree to that as well, phpbb sucks quite a lot more than many other softwares but its sadly not our decision to make what this board runs on. I suggested a while back to Joey about switching to acmlm, I understand the hassle out of it, but it is a bit beneficial and his only reply was "We arent big enough to move to that software". We are what, over 2000 strong now?
I don't remember ever saying that. We're not going to switch board software because there's no reason to. phpBB is fine and Acmlm wouldn't give us any substantial benefit (as well as creating a ton of work for me).

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Joey wrote:
Apex wrote:I agree to that as well, phpbb sucks quite a lot more than many other softwares but its sadly not our decision to make what this board runs on. I suggested a while back to Joey about switching to acmlm, I understand the hassle out of it, but it is a bit beneficial and his only reply was "We arent big enough to move to that software". We are what, over 2000 strong now?
I don't remember ever saying that. We're not going to switch board software because there's no reason to. phpBB is fine and Acmlm wouldn't give us any substantial benefit (as well as creating a ton of work for me).
I remember you saying that very well, actually. It was the first time I ever came to you about anything. Not that it matters now. You're too far along to move anyways.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:33 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
I agree. Why keep topics around that just take up space and serve generally no purpose.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:48 am

XerX wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:
I agree. Why keep topics around that just take up space and serve generally no purpose.
Because some of them are actually important and could be used in the future about describing something that happened in the past? Unless it's just referring to the 100 pages, that is unneeded, but the actual archive is.

Vinyl Scratch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:43 pm

History tends to repeat itself if we don't have some kind of way to keep a record of it.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:30 pm

you're right...sorry...

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”